horde funding - you see what I did there?

iCount

Believe me, we ALL want Spiffo plushes ;) If they can be made at a reasonable price, it shall be done. Same with all merchandise, really--as Rath said, you have to produce quite a bit in order to get the production price down, so at this moment in time I don't think it's worth it; however, it's definitely something we have our eyes on in the future :) 

And thanks to everyone for your support! As was said earlier, the best thing you can do for us is to spread the word (whether that's buying games or just telling your friends) and create positive buzz :D

Believe me, we ALL want Spiffo plushes ;) If they can be made at a reasonable price, it shall be done. Same with all merchandise, really--as Rath said, you have to produce quite a bit in order to get the production price down, so at this moment in time I don't think it's worth it; however, it's definitely something we have our eyes on in the future :)

And thanks to everyone for your support! As was said earlier, the best thing you can do for us is to spread the word (whether that's buying games or just telling your friends) and create positive buzz :D

I've made quite a few PZ G+ posts. I don't think anyone pays any attention to me though :)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ScottMansfield/posts

edit: BTW, are you mashpotassium?

Don't worry; while the game might not be finished when we possibly start merchandising, we won't get sidetracked by that kind of stuff :)

I've made quite a few PZ G+ posts. I don't think anyone pays any attention to me though :)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ScottMansfield/posts

edit: BTW, are you mashpotassium?

It all helps :D  And yes, I'm mashpotassium (generally, where "MashPotato" has already been taken).

That's pretty exciting. I'd totally rock a PZ t-shirt or hoodie. I'm sure you guys will design something clever and fun too.

I have a clothing shop nearby that does custom thread & needle designs on hats (or any clothing really) so I might consider getting myself a Spiffo hat or something of the sort. :P

I wouldn't mind donating more to TIS when I have some extra cash. Just so I'm not entirely off topic.

• 3 months later...

still no word on the merch?

Was really hoping for a massive poster of the cover art for PZ, looks like I will need a 3rd party to create a poster, is it legal to do this?

Do I have permission?

I think when they said they had plans for it, that it would be quite the way down the line. Like looking at near release status.

Spiffo T shirts would be a dream come true. I was thinking if TiS knew somebody who silk screens. If you bought basic T shirts and hand silk screened them it would dramatically reduce the cost. Although tedious and time consuming, I thought it would be worth mentioning. 

Other people have already said it, but to just throw my two cents into the ring, i think merch would be a great idea as a revenue stream but i think it would make more sense down the line closer to full release. This build still being in alpha i don't think it's the right time to split their resources on it. Once TIS is close to release with a much larger customer base to work with, then start with the merch. Would totally buy a spiffo plush, extremely necessary in the event of an actual zompocalypse!

I hate games with microtransactions, also it's way too late for that. Trust me you don't want to open up the can of worms where a pay2play game has micros. Especially since they would need to state it up front, personally i would ask for a refund if they tried something sleazy as hell like that.

merchandise is a cool idea, but with PZ being so "underground" atm they likely would be selling off a website and not in stores. That means you also gotta ship to the person buying it, and it seems so far (based on the MP servers that have popped up) that there would be alot of international shipping. I would bet that theyre gonna spend more shipping the products to everyone than they would make selling them, plus the process of the whole thing is a ton of work.

You want merch and a way to throw money at the developers? Just make a bunch of high-quality digital images of Spiffo, Zomboids, or whatever. Zip them up as an art pack, and throw the art pack at people who donate (pay-what-you-want could work well). They can then go and rattle off their own stickers, shirts, mugs or what-not.

Kind of a happy mid ground between developer and community produced merch I guess :P

Seriously though, great work so far Devs. Really loving the game <3

still no word on the merch?

Was really hoping for a massive poster of the cover art for PZ, looks like I will need a 3rd party to create a poster, is it legal to do this?

Do I have permission?

I think when they said they had plans for it, that it would be quite the way down the line. Like looking at near release status.

okay looks like the miss's will be pleased as I wont be ''Defacing the walls' as she puts it :(