New items?

Ramibuk

I actually just found a couple things that I've never seen before too. I think they must have just added some stuff. I found a couple rotten cheeseburgers and a rotten meat paddy, which leads me to believe that we're now able to make burgers. Nothing like chillin and grillin during the apocalypse right?

I also just found a tube of glue and some rope. Not sure what either of those do. I'm going to see if I can use the rope the same way sheet ropes are used though. It'd make sense if it worked that way.

yeah i found all three of them, glue, rope and ducttape... I am looking forward to NPCs now more then ever mwahahahaha

EDIT: but if anyone could enlighten us on the use of new items, i'd be soo happy. like, is it possible to hang ropes from windows, not only sheet ropes etc... will I be able to use ducttape to seal wounds, stuff like that

Hmm it looks i'm not very good scavanger then :).

I believe this items don't have any special use for now and I'm sure they are not used for crafting recipes .Maybe they are for future use or to support crafting mods as they are very useful there :).But maybe rope can be used to replace sheet rope,i go to try that.  

Dont worry they are useless items atm. But i have a mod that lets me make pb sandwiches, Fried pb and banana sandwiches, fruit salad, trail mix, Mashed potatoes, BLT sandwiches, salads, Potato salads, Ham sandwiches, Ham and cheese sandwiches, Stuffed eggplant, Pizzas, Breads, Broccoli beef, Crab, Fish sandwiches, Hot Coco, WAFFLES, pancakes, Scrambled eggs,  bowls of cereals, Hash browns, potato pancakes, etc. I am working on as a huge food mod with jerky, candied fruits, Breakfast items, Portable foods,Soups, Drinks, & Dinners. I have plans for over 300 food items atm and the list is growing. Most of the items/recipes are done but some call for items i cannot get to spawn.

I will also be working on a huge non food crafting list soon with the ability to make nails, staffs, clubs, Bows and arrows, Spears, spiked walls that deal damage to zombies attacking them, and a whole lot of other things. I have huge ideas. Just hope i can learn LUA well enough to make them all work.

As for recipe changes... I did see one.

You can turn some clothes into sheet-ropes... not just sheets anymore.

I was tearing up some pants for bandages and saw "craft sheet rope" on pants, blouses/shirts, maybe other clothes (not sure). 

So use your sheets for window coverings, and the pile of zombie clothing for sheetropes. :)

I actually just found a couple things that I've never seen before too. I think they must have just added some stuff. I found a couple rotten cheeseburgers and a rotten meat paddy, which leads me to believe that we're now able to make burgers. Nothing like chillin and grillin during the apocalypse right?

I also just found a tube of glue and some rope. Not sure what either of those do. I'm going to see if I can use the rope the same way sheet ropes are used though. It'd make sense if it worked that way.

A rope?

Maybe for a trap?

Or maybe for a way out? no i dont mean a sheet rope to escape the building, but a auto pillow

(Maybe to suicide... Wait what ? We added bleach, why not rope to suicide...)

aw yeah, always better to have more than one option out / is it weird that i am happy about suicide options? i should see a doc

btw RJ, when we're talking about diff'rent uses for items... sheetropes etc... how about we could also use towels als curtains for windows? not just sheets... I find an awful lot of towels lately ^^

Just my two cents on items...I'm all for adding items (lot's of them) as long as they could be used for something.  Even if that something has not been created yet.  But please do not clutter up the world by adding a bunch of useless items.  For example...If I can never use a rake for a weapon, or farming, or crafting then don't add it.  Not too sure what the comb does but perhaps when the NPC's come back you can use it to comb your hair which would give you a +10 to your personality trait and the NPC would be less likely to shoot you in your face.  :)

Of course if a rake would be added it would be a bad weapon. There are some items like the comb, lipstick, wallet, rings etc that have no particular use but are there to bring the atmosphere of "these zombies were once people". It's what many zombie genres forget (not PZ though) to do is to make the zombies human and something to be sympathetic about and not just killer monsters. I'm also somewhat against useless items if they're in abundance and have no meaning other than trash.

Of course if a rake would be added it would be a bad weapon. There are some items like the comb, lipstick, wallet, rings etc that have no particular use but are there to bring the atmosphere of "these zombies were once people". It's what many zombie genres forget (not PZ though) to do is to make the zombies human and something to be sympathetic about and not just killer monsters. I'm also somewhat against useless items if they're in abundance and have no meaning other than trash.

You know what i would love as a new item?

A Broom and a Mop, to clean blood with the mop and stuff like that.

But the broom to attack zombies, i dont know i just would use it as a last resort kind of weapon but i always loved when games let me use stuff like misc items as weapons.

Example i finished The Witcher 2 only with the broom from the point i got that broom, or Ultima VII or Gothic

A Broom and a Mop, to clean blood with the mop and stuff like that.

Probably could happen. The cleaning of corpses and blood has been confirmed so why not use a broom for it. (or a rag etc.)

don't forget the bleach or a detergent or something...

Just my two cents on items...I'm all for adding items (lot's of them) as long as they could be used for something.  Even if that something has not been created yet.  But please do not clutter up the world by adding a bunch of useless items.  For example...If I can never use a rake for a weapon, or farming, or crafting then don't add it.  Not too sure what the comb does but perhaps when the NPC's come back you can use it to comb your hair which would give you a +10 to your personality trait and the NPC would be less likely to shoot you in your face.  :)

So, what's about the people who already explored a lot of houses/warehouse ?

I mean, if I add them NOW, people still can find them quickly on their game, before every container have been explored, if I add them only when they are usefull, they'll have hard time to find them...

The sooner, the better ! :P

Idk. It's an RPG after all. RPGs are full of items you'll never have a use for, aren't they. :P

Idk. It's an RPG after all. RPGs are full of items you'll never have a use for, aren't they. :P

depending on the master in pen and paper rpgs ^^

(Maybe to suicide... Wait what ? We added bleach, why not rope to suicide...)

Just to let you know this comment created this on the Steam forums.

Just as a thought but could you even imagine this in a game?

Out exploring and see an injured woman limping down the street being followed by zombies...you run to her aid and slay the zombies.

Her name is Jessica, and after a short panicked conversation she collapses.

So you carry her back to your safehouse ( Same as moving zombie corpses in game when they add that? )

She wakes up, you chat and over the next few days you nurse her back to reasonable health, but she starts spiraling into depression, but you can find anything to help her...

You go out one day trying to find some anti-depressants or whiskey...anything. But as soon as you get 100 ft from your house it starts raining, so you *sigh* and run back home, and find her trying to kill herself, you save her and through that action and a bit of time she breaks from her depression....(This is a timed thing tho so you make it or miss it)

Or

You leave and try to find the medical center to find something to help her, you make it, and search the place and find some pills before nearly being over run by zombies...

You come home and find her dead hanging from a rope.

You r-click and cut her down, and then carry her outside and dig a hole and then bury her...you then craft a wooden cross out of two planks to mark her grave...say a few words and go to bed.

Every time you leave your house you look over at her grave...and wonder when your time will come...

*** Mind Blown ***

If this was actually possible in any game people would be writing their college thesis on it in 20 years, and it would go down in history.