Videoid

nasKo

kingof-712x462.jpg

Hello folks, time for another short Thursdoid, busy times and still a Thursdoid writer down, but this time with a bit of videoey fun to make up for it!

This week everyone has been busying themselves as usual bringing the animation build up to full functionality.

• Numerous new animations have gone in, from grave digging, foraging, idles, cleaning up blood and other activities.
  • Martin has been working on animation variants for the player defending against zombie bites, as well as adding new costumes and branded logoed shirts for various locations.
  • TEA have been continuing in their bug fix and tool improvement.
  • We’ve finally gotten ChrisW’s wall cutaway system into the main line, but there are still a few issues to work out before its 100% operational.
  • Yuri continuing work on fire, adding texturing and other effects.
  • Meanwhile RJ has been concentrating on creating all the zones for clothed zombies around the map.

Here is a video demoing some of the zoned zombie stuff. And yes, if there’s an obvious glitch (like zombies falling out of windows) we’ve already noticed it and will be fixed before release!:

Oh and we just had to share this pic, made by Xeonyx, of New Denver fame, who has been working with us on some future challenge maps, and has done something pretty special with the internal anim build:

image-2-768x459.png

and that’s it for this week! Thanks everyone!

This week’s amazing pic is by Xeonyx! A general list of stuff added to PZ, and vids of features being worked on, is kept here– so you don’t have to plough through endless dev blogs for info. The Centralized Block of Italicised Text would like to direct your attention to the PZ Wiki should you feel like editing or amending something, and the PZ Mailing List that can send blogs like this and patch notes direct to your mailbox. We also live on Twitter right hereOur Discord is open for chat and hijinks too.

Thats Nice But add burglar,military and mechanic have ability to hotwire a car because that professions know doing that 

A burglar can hotwire a car

like gta 4 and 5

Military can hotwire a car because if you can't find a key hotwire

Mechanic because them know anything about cars.

Wow, looks awesome! I'm excited for the new clothes, they all look varied and awesome.

@nasKoMy only comment about the clothing video is to make sure that the amount of regular-clothed people is proportionate to the type of business. I noticed that most of the zed in the giga mart were employees and the civillian zed came in from outside, even though often the patrons outnumber the workers during work hours.

Also, It would be nice to see the different zed types have a small chance of appearing in random locations! Like having police officers/firefighters be found in places outside of stations and what not with the chaos of the apocalypse.

The animations video looks awesome I do like the random occupational zombies at their appropriate locations. 

As for some special zombie spawn zones I would like to see-

-Court house zombie spawns with Lawyers, Attorneys, Judges,  Jury, Police officers, defendant wearing inmate wearing  jumpsuit or suit with tie awaiting trial and some witnesses.

-School zombie spawns such as teachers , Principle , janitors

- Church zombie spawn like Funeral spawn and also a religion ceremony type spawn. Zombies would be wearing some traditional clothing colors to mark a funeral. 

-

Great work guys, but I have a question: will you be making new animations/sprites for broken doors? It seems kinda weird how they just turn into planks and door knobs with no residual damage or anything. Maybe they should be splintered or torn down or something. 

Also, any plans to add additional/more varied defenses such as plywood boards for windows, concertina wire, overturned furniture, spikes, etc.?

46 minutes ago, Lexx2k said:

I'm curious if the special zombie spawns are one-time only or if they are repeating. Would feel a bit weird if I've cleared out that one fast food house 10 times already and each time Zs with specific fast food clothing (re)spawned there.

That's a really good point!

There needs to be a system to make the spawns become more random over time but with exceptions for the prison etc.

This would represent natural zombie movement. 

Then if an area is cleared the spawn logic might need to change to more random or generic zombies. 

Edited by Trojan_Turps

A simple workaround could be to make these Z-spawns "weaker" over time: The longer you play, the less likely it is to find location specific Zs. The argument would be that - even if you aren't around - after a while, the natural critter movement would spread them out over the map.