What are dragons?

TheGrifter

People keep alluding to dragons. I'm confused.

What are dragons, really?

Dragons are mythical/folklore creatures, imagine a huge lizard with wings, they can fly, breath fire and build random towers to keep princesses in as bait for delicious knights. They are definitely not a codeword for NPCs.

I'm assuming that you are talking about the admin command /dragons that when entered in says "you don't have the required materials". I'm not 100% sure but this command is either just an Easter Egg put into the game by the Devs or a tool that allows map makers to add in additional chunks beyond the border of the map. If it is the latter it is in reference to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_be_dragons. Hope this helps.

vvv terrible post that explains the dragon joke badly

Spoiler
To spoil the fun and provide an explanation, they started as a metajoke about absurd or ill-fitting suggestions on the first forum. People were enthusiastic about Skyrim Minecraft around when Zomboid was getting popular, and (I'm technically speculating here) someone probably joked that the team should add dragons too because they're hip and amazing ! (I had that wrong, I corrected it!)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived