Strong individual zombies (Not special infected)

LeetgamerBoi

Imagine what happened to those athletes and bodybuilders who push their body to the limit.
Zombies above most others, able of breaking bones in a single swipe, if they grab you, they won't let go, you have to kill them to get away. They lift you up by your throat and chomp your shoulder.

They can move faster, and can completely ram through a door in one slam.

They can break through boards insanely quickly, punching through them instead of headbutting

Not overly powerful, but pretty damn strong.

Have you ever BEEN to a gym? Those guys are fucking terrifying even when they're super nice lol.

Basically, some zombies are fat and gluttonous, some are buff and near demonic.

this is not unrealistic.
some people really are really big and strong.
This essentially is me asking for different body types, buff, skinny, fat, average....

A skinny zombie is basically jail bait, a buff one is diablo incarnate, a fat one will have more weight when they grab you and lean on you, possibly pushing you over with their weight. and an average one is... welll, what we currently have.

And it would be even more rad to set what percentage of distribution there is, all skinny, most fat, or satan mode... 100% bodybuilder sprinter bloodhound pinpoint hearing eagle eyed demons.

But these could be body types for players and npcs.
Buff npcs will be more confident, but might overestimate their might. they need to eat often and healthily, and work out with situps and pushups to keep rolling.
Fat ones will likely have traits with higher appetite and sleepy trait. this will incur the overweight trait and a lack of sprinting skills.

Skinny ones eat little, but suffer less powerful strikes, suffer more from gun recoil, ect.

average is the best of all worlds... what we currently have.

The game already got some "sprinter" zombies and other tougher to kill, some are more resistant to knockback

Even it the zombie were a athlete, the decomposition would take its physical abilities, making it slow and weak 

Remember, it's still a zombie

About the fat and skinny zombies, It's really a good idea, but if zombies find a fat guy, they probably will eat the guy 'till the bone

I like the idea overall, but the situations you describe are a bit extreme.  No way could anyone break through a strong barricade with one punch without certain techniques.  The strong zombie might have the strength, but not the know-how.

Still, having ones that are bigger and can break barricades faster sounds good to me, and have stronger attacks, etc.

Some people are stronger than most 

some people are fatter than most...

some are really skinny...

That's all it means.
Special zombies is like the left for dead tank and smoker. What i propose is merely stronger, fatter, ect. zombies.
I mean people who are stronger than others.
you can look up any number of muscular guys breaking boards with one punch and charging and barreling THROUGH a door :P
Like, 5% of zombies are like this.
They still incur the downsides.

basically getting boosted traits

1 higher notched awareness and power.

if it was all on normal, they'd be strong.

And tough.

And would do things similar to what i've described.

I don't mean slamming through walls.

just doors that aren't wellfully barricaded and through windows that aren't at all.
What's the problem? are we now ignoring body types?
Some people are stronger than you, so some zombies should be the same.
Thus noting all zombies in pz are pretty much intact looking, other than having some screwed up walks. 

A jacked zombie would have no issue grabbing you in an inescapable grip that would only stop by killing it.

it's just added challenge, since i can grab my ax and flatten like 10 people.

this would not be so easy to swing and recharge the swing and do it again until dead.

The community has great modelers whom can easily be sourced.

post-21750-0-78990100-1435504162_thumb.j

It's a bit silly to quibble over what "special infected" means.  We all know he's referring to the "special infected" in Left 4 Dead, who have completely different abilities and powers.

This is not that.  It's just wider variations in stats that are already there.

It's a bit silly to quibble over what "special infected" means. We all know he's referring to the "special infected" in Left 4 Dead, who have completely different abilities and powers.

This is not that. It's just wider variations in stats that are already there.

No, that's what his pitch became 3/4 of the way through the original post, unless you don't consider zombies that can kick-punch their way through reality special.

Nah, man. They're just really buff.

It's a bit silly to quibble over what "special infected" means. We all know he's referring to the "special infected" in Left 4 Dead, who have completely different abilities and powers.

No, that's what his pitch became 3/4 of the way through the original post, unless you don't consider zombies that can kick-punch their way through reality special.

Ever seen a bodybuilder in a blind, psychotic, murderous rage? even if they're slow, a flimsy wooden door or a crudely made fortification won't slow him down much. It's to add variety to the zombies.

So they aren't all meandering weak idiots.

some were healthy and buff in life and in death can easily make you into food.

instead of scratches, it creates gashes and breaks bones.

Ever seen a bodybuilder in a blind, psychotic, murderous rage? even if they're slow, a flimsy wooden door or a crudely made fortification won't slow him down much. It's to add variety to the zombies.

We get your idea but those kinds of 'special abilities' are textbook for special-infected recipes. Not stat variation.

An easily more supportable thing to suggest would have been to ask for a wider variation in zombie stats, but it was clear once you said 'these zed will break through doors and bone' that it became clear that you are still asking for 'special zombies'. This is something that isn't quite in the devs mindset for the lore (I think).

We get your idea but those kinds of 'special abilities' are textbook for special-infected recipes. Not stat variation.

An easily more supportable thing to suggest would have been to ask for a wider variation in zombie stats, but it was clear once you said 'these zed will break through doors and bone' that it became clear that you are still asking for 'special zombies'. This is something that isn't quite in the devs mindset for the lore (I think).

How so?

if you're alot stronger, you hit alot harder.

Wounds become more severe.

I can barge through a non solid wood door.

Most are made of thin plywood nowadays.

only front and back doors are usually solid.

I'm also asking for different LOOKING zombies.

not everyone with the same body.

if you're a big boy, you'll be able to break a skinny guy's bones in a single swipe at full force (Zombies don't pull punches) Or however they hit you.

The strong trait makes your character look more brawny, 

and overweight gives you a gut and such. things like that.

How so?

if you're alot stronger, you hit alot harder.

Wounds become more severe.

I can barge through a non solid wood door.

Most are made of thin plywood nowadays.

only front and back doors are usually solid.

I'm also asking for different LOOKING zombies.

not everyone with the same body.

if you're a big boy, you'll be able to break a skinny guy's bones in a single swipe at full force (Zombies don't pull punches) Or however they hit you.

The strong trait makes your character look more brawny, 

and overweight gives you a gut and such. things like that.

Most of it would be decomposed plus you need a running start to get through doors. And this is the 80's where doors where made decently and very solid (from my experience) A zombie wouldnt charge at the door. it would shamble up to it and tackle it multiple times. not some one shot deal. That is just too op.

zombies are not trained fighters looking for a one hit knock out. any prior boxing, MMA, Military or any other fighting knowledge they had would not carry over to their "Zombie life", that in and of itself would be a Special Zombie retaining Cognitive Abilities and at least a small portion of strategy and planning. they would not be looking to put all of their strength/power behind a punch to take you out. Arnold Schwarzenegger Zombie is likely to hit you just as hard as Steve Buscemi Zombie.

no matter how you try and try and try to rephrase it, the fact is you continue to ask for Special Zombies, and they are confirmed to never be coming to the game. just accept that and move on.

it was a decision made by the Devs, accept it.

Dude, you are clearly asking for special infected. Masking it by giving your argument your own home-made loopholes ("well, you can be jacked in real life") doesn't change the fact that zombies degrade regardless and that strength wouldn't transfer through the reanimation of a sickly zed to begin with.

Let's just cut the rhetoric and get on with it.

You want super zombies.

"How so?", you ironically ask.

Welp, Let's look at what you are asking. (These are copy-pastes from your posts so far)

• can barge through a non solid wood door.
  • be able to break a skinny guy's bones in a single swipe at full force
  • wounds become more severe
  • would have no issue grabbing you in an inescapable grip that would only stop by killing it.
  • higher notched awareness and power.
  • breaking boards with one punch and charging and barreling THROUGH a door
  • can break through boards insanely quickly, punching through them instead of headbutting
  • 100% bodybuilder sprinter bloodhound pinpoint hearing eagle eyed demons

Death grip? Sprinting? Bone-breaking swipes?

You are asking for a 'special infected' super-zed. Sorry but not only is some of these utterly unrealistic but this is something that is likely never going to happen since special-infected aren't priority.

Personally, I am fine with zombies having some variation in their attributes, perhaps based on what they once were, still weakened, but not to the extent desired in the OP. No where near that . . .

I'm even more alright if the kind of zombies OP suggests only emerge from reanimated corpses of their own players, considering that if they chose a "high Strength" character. After all, Max Brook did suggest that even "normal" zombies, without the ability to feel pain, are capable of destroying a barricade on their own that about 3 experienced men took trouble in taking down. 

Going off topic, I am more and more interested in seeing Project Zomboid build a whole new lore of zombie infection solely based on events that happen within the game story, like World War Z (the book), so all the debates in the future consist of "Well, remember that one time when Kate was trying to strangle a zombie and it lost the ability to make noises? That makes it possible that zombies could be still breathing."

Personally, I am fine with zombies having some variation in their attributes, perhaps based on what they once were, still weakened, but not to the extent desired in the OP. No where near that . . .

I'm even more alright if the kind of zombies OP suggests only emerge from reanimated corpses of their own players, considering that if they chose a "high Strength" character. After all, Max Brook did suggest that even "normal" zombies, without the ability to feel pain, are capable of destroying a barricade on their own that about 3 experienced men took trouble in taking down. 

Going off topic, I am more and more interested in seeing Project Zomboid build a whole new lore of zombie infection solely based on events that happen within the game story, like World War Z (the book), so all the debates in the future consist of "Well, remember that one time when Kate was trying to strangle a zombie and it lost the ability to make noises? That makes it possible that zombies could be still breathing."

well once again some or most of the muscle would have been eaten off or decayed.

I just think it looks highly offputting that every person in kentucky apperantly had the same exact body, nobody looks bigger or smaller, skinnier or fatter, same exact.

Hell, just adding in 3 other body models that spawn at random would be enough.

A fat one

a shriveled up starved one

and a more athletic one

These models can have normal human textures and be reused for the strong, overweight, and a "frail" trait.

well once again some or most of the muscle would have been eaten off or decayed.

How far are you wanting to take this? why do most have enough rematining muscle to stand?

Better yet how are the muscles working without oxygen to burn energy?

Logic does not apply in a world where corpses walk.