How big is your base?

Bob Bomgero

I almost wouldn't mind living there irl!

Mine is roughly the same Diameter as yours but mine was built around the church and is structured more like "Chambers", so there's overall less room but if the zombs break into one the whole place isn't lost.  I also didn't replace the lvl 1 walls but instead just double layered it so my base kind of looks like trash but it works well!  I like how your base is set up to be able to hold a whole colony too.  But one thing I have that you don't is a rooftop dinner table 8-)  

My base,is really a compound,and it contains 5 non-player made houses,a large player made extension,and one player made river retreat location.

The main non player made house,has 3 walls minimum from any direction they can come at it,plus the house itself is barricaded with positional walls blocking every entrance and the normal extra boarding on them.The stairs are gone,and all access to the second floor is sheet climb only.

There is by my estimate,over a year of food stored in the main house,at least 5 water barrels,and multiple forage locations right at the base of the multiple sheet ropes.

The entire main house and the extension are surrouned by a 3 space fire break of sand.Once the new update goes release,i will place bombs to both decimate the zoms should they come knocking,and to draw them elsewhere and then decimate them there.There are also 2 working and safe fire places,which provide warmth thru the night.More planned (each location is planned to have at least one)

Elevated walkways will connect all locatios.Only some currently finished.

The compound is a full block plus in size.

Then there is the river fall back location,should all 5 houses,and the expansion fall.Its has 2 walls and an elevated player made building.Multple water barrels, 2 farming spots,and fishing can be done from the towers on the riverside.

Future plans include....

* elevated walkways to locations away from the compound,to which hordes can be drawn.

* a second and third river retreat

* elevated extensions for each of the 4 other non-playmade  houses.

* more fireplaces

* more fire breaks protecting the other structures.

* if we get them as features,trenchs and spike pickets.

Theres a video in the safehouse thread,that shows progress as of a while back.

My biggest base was three 2 story houses connected by player built corridors both on first and second floor, roof of one was converted to be flat to serve as observation towers and it had a tool shed and a nice farm, the entirety was surrounded by walls. It was in WP

I even found a screenshot of it. It was inn Build 30 so it was never properly tested from zombie attacks.

5AIlFCQ.png

Currently, my base is one single house, roof is flat for observation, all entrances are barricaded (entry via sheet rope)  and it's holding after being attacked a few times by groups of 10-20 zombies. No screen of that one, sry :P

Great castle. Really great.

How did you found so much nails? Some kind of mod/cheating?

I have build something I guess 10 times smaller, and I used almost all my nails.

I found 89 boxes on nails within the first 1 minute of starting a new game, challenge mode Opening Hours, inside just one of the stores in the mall.

Also any player built object would be destroyed with the amount of gsp zombies in this game mode, so all your castles would be levitating off the ground within minutes. That being said here is my base foundation, i made a mistake in the first picture as you can see i sledged hammer one space inside the fenced off compound making it worthless as there is nothing you can do to keep zombies from breaking in, plastered walls last few seconds. I restarted the game and took that area again, the whole compound is fenced off.

http://imgur.com/a/ly0Id

I created a base using the extended building mod. It is a nice cabin in the woods, surrounded by two 20X20 concrete brick (cant remember the name xD the concrete brick thing Lol) walls. within the base I have three sheds, one is used for construction materials, one is used for canned food and the third and biggest is my armoury, which contains over 750kg worth of (ORMtnMan's real gun mods) guns and ammunition. a couple of rain barrels a generator a couple of trash cans and a fire pit. I think the mistake people make is building HUGS base's, yes they look super-bad-ass BUT if your on one side and a hordes banging on the other your not going to hear it, and I am speaking from experience. 

I created a base using the extended building mod. It is a nice cabin in the woods, surrounded by two 20X20 concrete brick (cant remember the name xD the concrete brick thing Lol) walls. within the base I have three sheds, one is used for construction materials, one is used for canned food and the third and biggest is my armoury, which contains over 750kg worth of (ORMtnMan's real gun mods) guns and ammunition. a couple of rain barrels a generator a couple of trash cans and a fire pit. I think the mistake people make is building HUGS base's, yes they look super-bad-ass BUT if your on one side and a hordes banging on the other your not going to hear it, and I am speaking from experience. 

The size of your base doesn't matter, in challenge mode zombies gsp to your location at-least every minute, you can't hide, your 20x20 base would be dust, but your not in the same boat as the rest of us, your in the modding/cheating category, your modded walls are zombie proof.

If your doing v32 w.o mods you pretty much have one choice, the which is what i said in post #8. Otherwise you would be playing " lets find out how many walls & crates zombies destroyed this time"

89 boxes of nails in one store in the mall ?

I havent really hit the mall yet....i made two short runs at it,and the amount of ammo i was going thru just to reach the mall was just too much...so after getting inside one small store section, i gave up.

Id be happy if there were 20 or so boxes of nails in there...so some confirmation on the estimated nail tally in there would be nice.

89 boxes of nails in one store in the mall ?

I havent really hit the mall yet....i made two short runs at it,and the amount of ammo i was going thru just to reach the mall was just too much...so after getting inside one small store section, i gave up.

Id be happy if there were 20 or so boxes of nails in there...so some confirmation on the estimated nail tally in there would be nice.

89 is what i looted i was in a  hurry to exit the mall, that little store easily has 100+ boxes of nails, 6-12 boxes per shelf in there, highest amounts i've ever seen.Theres probably 400-800 boxes of nails in the mall if you went through & looted everything. The clothing hangers racks alone carry 15-30 individual nails. 

This was in challenge Opening Hours, no idea if survival mall has the same loot or not.

Great castle. Really great.

How did you found so much nails? Some kind of mod/cheating?

I have build something I guess 10 times smaller, and I used almost all my nails.

Actually no, it took me and two players on the spiffospace server over a week of playing to cut all wood, level carpentry to master multiple times because of falling, and to find all supplies. No mod's, just a week of my life haha.

New sandbox game New Base :P

Zombies are SPRINTERS, weak, poor senses and no memory (to compensate the sprinting, and they are harder then you think with these settings try reloading with 20 sprinters after you, not runners, SPRINTERS  :shock:

Food - Extremely Rare

Weapons - Common

Items - Rare

60 Mins days

Zedz respawn every 1 Month at 70%

! Fort Twiggys !

overall_outter_defences.png

(Inside + Balcony Views')

main_floor_inner_defences.png

2nd_floor_balcony_watch.png

Here's my base.  I'll probably add another level off to the side, but I really wanted to make a base that defied gravity and a few other laws of physics. 

So here it is, my castle in the sky.  The top level is for rain barrels and crops:

post-22277-0-23315200-1435576137_thumb.j

The middle level will be my living quarters:

post-22277-0-39839100-1435576146_thumb.j

...and the lowest level will be my "killing floor".  I'll stand on the catwalks and toss Molotovs on the zombies at ground level:

post-22277-0-13304900-1435576159_thumb.j

The entire structure is floating, since I knocked out all the stairs.  There are multiple sheet ropes for entry, and a main sheet rope elevator for ascending directly to one of the upper levels.

Here's my base.  I'll probably add another level off to the side, but I really wanted to make a base that defied gravity and a few other laws of physics. 

So here it is, my castle in the sky.  The top level is for rain barrels and crops:

attachicon.gifcastle1.jpg

The middle level will be my living quarters:

attachicon.gifcastle2.jpg

...and the lowest level will be my "killing floor".  I'll stand on the catwalks and toss Molotovs on the zombies at ground level:

attachicon.gifcastle3.jpg

The entire structure is floating, since I knocked out all the stairs.  There are multiple sheet ropes for entry, and a main sheet rope elevator for ascending directly to one of the upper levels.

Nice idea! I dread the day you have to acount for actual physics when building so no more floating structures.

My second story living area, still needs a bed, gotta look for pillows.

ONL4v0z.jpg

My third story farming area

Z3M9VgI.jpg

I'm contemplating wether or not I should add a walkway around the entire house at the 2nd story. I've deforested a large area and it is getting tiresome to get more logs (tophat) . I went for compact and accessible in this one.

SOOOO......Throwing molotov's isn't such a good idea after all.  Zombies on fire below you CAN kill you if you're standing on a platform above them.  Makes sense, a horde of zombies on fire only 10 feet or less below you will BBQ you from that intense heat.  They can also scratch you if there is enough of them.  Here are some neato screenshots of my base.  I started just spraying the zombies with buckshot, but I got lazy and my inner pryo started crying out, so I roasted them.

post-22277-0-86880300-1435767609_thumb.j

post-22277-0-50437300-1435767623_thumb.j

post-22277-0-61224300-1435767645_thumb.j

post-22277-0-54044400-1435767659_thumb.j

post-22277-0-19247300-1435767674_thumb.j

post-22277-0-33862200-1435767684_thumb.j

post-22277-0-79611200-1435767698_thumb.j

post-22277-0-64009000-1435767712_thumb.j

...might want to put in some firebreaks and fireproofing....cover the ground directly below and 1 square around that,and cover and floor, with sand.You'll probably still lose some walls,but your floors should survive much better.

And dont forget,you can put out fires also.

My base is a farm and I have no walls, but rather a strip of barbed wire across some of the 'problem areas'. The tree line is my most useful defense.

Of course, I'm playing with zed respawn turned off and migration tuned so it is slower.

I'm playing as a fireman so I'm pretty good with hauling back a lot with loot runs (fit character) and fighting zed at that. I'm trying to learn carpentry and effectively use a gun, thankfully guns take less time to level than the profession skills do.

Oh, and I do have a pit for zed bodies that I burn sometimes.

...might want to put in some firebreaks and fireproofing....cover the ground directly below and 1 square around that,and cover and floor, with sand.You'll probably still lose some walls,but your floors should survive much better.

And dont forget,you can put out fires also.

Oh, believe me, I'm LOVING the "extinguish fire" option.  It's saving me daily (hourly)