Guns jamming\Weapon maintenance

Svarog

When at below 50% (or even less like 60 or 70%, chance increasing with lower durability) durability firearms should have a chance to jam requiring to cock the weapon losing one bullet. It would add a reason to properly maintain weapons instead of using them until they are broken and switching to new ones when available.

Edit: Also, broken weapons should not be fixable without a high skill in maintenance, proper maintenance of tools and weapons should really be more enforced, knives should deal less damage as they go blunt and at low levels of maintenance weapons should have a critical failure chance where they just break.

Guns should Jam, but what gun matters as well, also why would you lose a bullet?

Recocking a gun should make you drop the bullet which then could be picked up.

Also gun repairs are realistic, in the sense that you can repair guns by replacing parts.

Though IMO each weapon should be composed of various parts each of which can be damaged and replaced/repaired.

But require high level of Gun Maintenance to understand the parts of the guns. Gained by using, repairing, or reading about Gun Maintenance.

Knives, and Blunts should fall moreso under carpentry being much more simple. 

I'd like to see the ability to remove and add weapon mods, like scopes, to laser sights.

Guns should Jam, but what gun matters as well, also why would you lose a bullet?

Recocking a gun should make you drop the bullet which then could be picked up.

Also gun repairs are realistic, in the sense that you can repair guns by replacing parts.

Though IMO each weapon should be composed of various parts each of which can be damaged and replaced/repaired.

But require high level of Gun Maintenance to understand the parts of the guns. Gained by using, repairing, or reading about Gun Maintenance.

I'd like to see the ability to remove and add weapon mods, like scopes, to laser sights.

I agree. Also i feel in addition a new occupation would be useful. What if there was the position of an armorer. They could be better at fixing and repairing weapons with guns being his #1 being guns. It would be useful if this was added but not make it to over powered. It also becomes more helpful when NPCs arrive and more guns are added.

-snip-

Already you can add/remove mods. You just need screwdriver.

Also gun maintenance is very good idea. On my character i get into 10 aim skill without repairing any gun but i have 100 */* chance of sucess in maintenance weapons.

I'd just like to see gun repair/maintenance kits that we can use to repair guns that have lost durability but not actually broken. A broken gun should be useless except as spare parts to repair other guns. The kits themselves could have durability that can be restored with common stuff like bottles of oil (could be craftable), cloth items (dish towels, ripped sheets, etc.) and cotton balls.

How many shots can we get away with now before a gun breaks?

Because if we are unfortunetly going soley for realism this would be a bonkers idea if guns break too easily, but if they have a reasonably high durability then this would make sense.

Guns wear out too fast right now, especially pistols.

a gun IMO at no maintenance skill seems to let you fire your gun about 200 times I think.

That is reasonable in some way. Poor handling means a weapon isn't going to last as long. 

It'd also "Buff" the need for putting skill into Maintenance Both to repair, and reduce damage per shot to the gun.