Skateboard and Ramps :D

Jsnazz

It doesn't matter. If you don't like the idea and don't want to discuss the idea itself, it's probably time to move on to another topic.

If vehicles like bicycles are being added to the game, then I see no reason for such a terrible choice as a skateboard shouldn't/couldn't be added.

Enigma- Nice guy since forever ;)

I was OK with this suggestion until doing tricks was mentioned. This is the zombie apocalypse, not Tony Hawk's Trick Tips featuring Kris Markovich.

Navigating the streets quicker on a board, fine, as long as it's loud! Anything else would be farcical. Skateboarding takes a ridiculous amount of time and dedication to get good. You wouldn't have time to practise skating and the only dedication should be survival.

Indeed and that's where recreation come in once you clear and secured a place to build your ramps with your friends. The rest is practices and a lot of traveling.

The question is, would you still want to travel with Flint Stone style or craft your own skateboard and learning new trick as you travel along the way?

Care to give me a few example on what you have in mind about the better stuff?

NPCs, the meta game, cars, bicycles, professions, UI overhaul, water from rivers etc., moving furniture, story mode, electronics, animals, hunting, generators, more animations, weapons, items, sewers, armor and the list goes on... There's quite a few things on the list of what would be cool and what the devs have already said, they'd like to implement.

EDIT and there's I think 8-9 devs atm who are doing all of the work that goes into the game.

Well to be honest, I'm pretty sustainable with the current state of the game. You don't really even need generators , armors , sewer, weapons or the rest of the trivia stuff you mentioned in an zombie apoc. A badaxe is all I need and being bare naked too.

I can survive just fine with my 6 rain barrels, 2k plant seeds, dozen of traps, 1k zombies slayed, 40 chocolates bars, 80 bag of chips, 20 orange juice bottles, 15 water bottles, 10 pot waters, 5 watering cans, 4 propane tanks, 30 books and magazines and crate load of none-perishable food cans that I hoarded. I also have 95% of the skill books on my book shelf, I've destroyed most of the rain forest, stack upon stack of med kits and I done all this on my first play-through. The only thing I need right now is to find a sledgehammer so I can redecorate my fortress and I wish to set out riding a flipping skateboard to find it, so I can have fun traveling while pulling 1 of the many trick that I've learned.

My skateboard idea revolutionize transportation to a new whole level of fun and it fully utilize a lot of the skills that we unlocked. Cars and Bikes doesn't.

Story mode? Hmm that will be very interesting. I'm thinking something like this:  " Everyone around you has mysterious turned into monsters and you've set yourself on a never ending quest to find the cure.

This is how you died... trying "

[...]so I can have fun traveling while pulling 1 of the many trick that I've learned.

My skateboard idea revolutionize transportation to a new whole level of fun and it fully utilize a lot of the skills that we unlocked. Cars and Bikes doesn't.

Do you really wanna break ya bones...

... in the acopalypse..

...without a good surgeon?

I prefer a bike.

I like the idea. I feel it has a bit to offer. It would obviously have drawbacks but i mean what doesn't. It also may server as a stepping stone for vehicles later on.

Then you could pull tricks and do little jumps to get over cracks and such. It also has cons such as not being able to go on grass, being loud, being flimsy if made wrong, the requirement of skill to use and possibly a few other things i missed. It would simply serve as a good starting mode of transportation and be used for the first few days.Its not going to be used forever but it could be used for the start if really needed. Plus it would make a good weapon if you cant ride it. Slightly better than using a plank.

[...]so I can have fun traveling while pulling 1 of the many trick that I've learned.

Do you really wanna break ya bones...

... in the acopalypse..

...without a good surgeon?

I prefer a bike.

That's the risk we all need to take to make traveling exciting and you CAN level up to be a surgeon through the risk from doing tricks.

Here is why I think cars and bikes are stupid. 1. they can be found any where, just like trash bags. 2. No crafting require. 3. Once you get a busted engine or a broken chain, its trash bin it goes 4. cookies cutter build like the rest of the zombie games out there, but it doesn't mean I want them gone forever. I still prefer an electric car powered by solar through ; )

And the bearings of a board last for ever...

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a funny idea, especially as a way to raise medical skills.

But it would be plain stupid to skill something like skating in the Z apocalypse. The risk of getting heavily injured is simply too high.

Although nobody (except you maybe, in the game at least) would choose a skateboard over a bike. It emitts much more noise, it needs a road surface aaaaaand it is a lot more exhaustive IMO.

And the crafting point, well, please try to craft a skateboard and post your results here, i'm curious. :-P

Then there is always this average joe argumentation.. Both for crafting and for skills.

I think the kentucky average joe is maybe able to ride a bike or car. But skating? Hmmm.

Maybe someone will make a decent mod (with ALL the downsides, please) for that. I would check it out.

But i really don't think that it fits with the dev's intention of simulating the apocalypse.

By the sounds of this. You are currently typing from your skateboard shaped computer, whilst sitting on your skateboard. Listening to skateboard music in your skateboard house wearing your skateboard clothes.

You don't really even need generators , armors , sewer, weapons or the rest of the trivia stuff you mentioned in an zombie apoc

Someone is planning it wrong >-> I'll take all of the above, and you can keep your skateboard.

I can survive just fine with my 6 rain barrels, 2k plant seeds, dozen of traps, 1k zombies slayed, 40 chocolates bars, 80 bag of chips, 20 orange juice bottles, 15 water bottles, 10 pot waters, 5 watering cans, 4 propane tanks, 30 books and magazines and crate load of none-perishable food cans that I hoarded. I also have 95% of the skill books on my book shelf, I've destroyed most of the rain forest, stack upon stack of med kits and I done all this on my first play-through. The only thing I need right now is to find a sledgehammer so I can redecorate my fortress and I wish to set out riding a flipping skateboard to find it, so I can have fun traveling while pulling 1 of the many trick that I've learned

And hence why the developers, are giving their time to make the game more difficult. Rather than adding trivial end-game mini attachments.

You're skateboard idea adds a very poor mode of transportation, whilst your twisting what is already there to make it sound like it matters for skateboarding.

As for the tricks as entertainment. That is just...I don't know the word? Yet if your going to add skateboarding tricks, here is a list of other Recreational things that can also be added: Painting, Dancing, Acrobatics, Card Games, Golf (They have already got Gold Clubs :D), Baseball, Any Sport at all, chess.

The list can go on, they are all things which can be added, for a tiny extra fun, which a small particular groups of people per hobby will want to be added to the game and argue, whilst ignoring other features and reasoning, why it is such a great thing to add.

My view on the skateboard idea:

A great Idea as a mod for Skateboard Lovers out there.

As for in game, only to be added as a poor choice of transport, along with Roller-blading, Scooters, Unicycles. Once the game is completely made and the Devs just want to add in some trivia. 

not much point in continuing this discussion, clearly the OP thinks he has the best idea ever conceived and the valid points the rest of us are making are not getting through to him.

so yes Jsnazz, you go ahead and make a skateboard mod, and somehow figure out a way to create numerous new animations for your tricks, riding the board, "kick starting" the board to get moving, fighting with the board and every other little detail.

the rest of us will utilize the actual effective modes of transportation that are coming at some point.

By the sounds of this. You are currently typing from your skateboard shaped computer, whilst sitting on your skateboard. Listening to skateboard music in your skateboard house wearing your skateboard clothes.

Ha ha!

Very close but nope. Its all about using the power of the mind to create beautiful , useful and fun creation without having to own any of it.

As I type this, I'm looking outside my window on a raining day and I could my green house filled with delicious, colorful veggies and a nicely arranged rain barrels to keep them healthy.

What I miss is a skateboard ramps.

Someone is planning it wrong >-> I'll take all of the above, and you can keep your skateboard.

I didn't mention this earlier, but I'm going to tell you the obvious now since you didn't get it the first time. All the things you want from the above will make the game very easy and you don't even need any of it. Here is why: You can survive forever in this game on plants, water and choose light eater trait.

The 100 bags and cans of non-perishable food I hoard are merely trophy.

Brain power win once again.

And hence why the developers, are giving their time to make the game more difficult. Rather than adding trivial end-game mini attachments.

I don't find the game difficult at all.  I find it rather easy and slowly devolved into boring fed ex like run of the mill once I discover the basic necessities that I need to survive, and the game provide abundances of it.  This is why I suggest adding a skateboard over car and bike, not because they're in high demand, but instead I want something unique that require us to actually gather parts to build it with carpentry skill, utilize our overall agility skills and chill with our friends to pull off tricks on a custom build ramps that we build together when we're bored of genocide every zombies.

As for the tricks as entertainment. That is just...I don't know the word? Yet if your going to add skateboarding tricks, here is a list of other Recreational things that can also be added: Painting, Dancing, Acrobatics, Card Games, Golf (They have already got Gold Clubs ), Baseball, Any Sport at all, chess.

That's a great idea! run to me and help me paint my fortress ! I'll be here dancing for your arrival.

/dance

I don't find the game difficult at all. 

Which. I just told you they are fixing. 

I feel you are not listening.

Bandy fredo of late stock interest.

Adding generator, more armor, more weapon etc is not going to help improve the difficulty the game, it just make the game even easier than before, unless of course you're confused all this time with the mix up? ; )

I know you're out of excuse and desperate. I suggest you troll some where else hon.

Cheers

I don't find the game difficult at all. 

Which. I just told you they are fixing. 

I feel you are not listening.

Bandy fredo of late stock interest.

Adding generator, more armor, more weapon etc is not going to help improve the difficulty the game, it just make the game even easier than before, unless of course you're confused all this time with the mix up? ; )

I know you're out of excuse and desperate. I suggest you troll some where else hon.

Cheers

They have said that they are not adding any overpowered weapons or armour.

They have said that they will be added NPC's to the game, which would increase difficulty.

They have said that they don't want you surviving, they want you dead.

If you can find where they have said that they are adding content to make the game easier feel free to point at it.

Perhaps you are to distracted by your skateboard cat, on your skateboard screensaver?

Cheers xxx  ^^ :D

If you can find where they have said that they are adding content to make the game easier feel free to point at it.

Isn't that your job? and it seem you didn't do such a good job at it too. For example: I've shown you some basic need to survive for a very long time (water and plants) but you completely ignored it and keep bringing up overpower weapon, didn't explain why would you need a generator when you have abundance of logs to make fuel and npc that you have no idea what they're for.

I just lol'd at your silly trolling. I better utilize the ignore button that this forum provided me.

Good bye irrational.

wow this thread has more attention then it really ever needed.

Jsnazz for the sake of argument, we get that you would like this addition

however its just not in plan at the moment and thats nothing to argue about.  IF you would like to expedite the possibility of this addition partner up with someone who knows how to mod/do it yourself and release it to the public, if it receives enough attention that way im sure its something worth looking it by the devs