Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Hey there. I found two bugs recently.

1. The Hashbrowns Recipe is all good, but then, if you cooked them and eat them, you'll get a frying pan. So thats more of a Frying pan dupe bug i guess.

2. The Pumpkin Bread dissapears when youve cooked them. Somehow they vanished in my oven. Dunno if thats a bug for me only, but i wanted to report.

/edit:

Maybe a third one? Dunno if its just bad luck, but I am not able to hunt anything down since the update.

Hey there, I've been enjoying this mod a lot recently but have run into a fairly major problem. Last night I exited after a long session of zomboid, took a short break, and then tried too start zomboid back up as I wanted too check something. The game didn't load past "loading character texture" but the menu music started. I left it until today, where I started zomboid, the same thing happened.

Just too confirm, I have spent the last few hours trying too get around this problem, the only solution I have found is ensuring that this mod is not enabled, as I have recreated this error multiple times, and it only occurs when this mod is enabled. I am running IWBUMS build 32.27. I have even removed all zomboid files from my pc, re-installed and re-subbed for the mod in workshop, recreated the error straight away.

I haven't had any problems before, put in atleast 20 hours with mod enabled before this occurred. I know this probably is not the place too post this, but I failed too find any similar topics while searching the forums and so was unsure as too where I should make such a post. If anyone could help me, or point me in the right direction too get this all sorted I would be very grateful. 

Apart from this; awesome mod, love it, keep up the good work! :D

It could be that hydrocraft doesn't work on the newest IWBUMS I was having trouble with another mod until I switched back to the stable build (and switching back to 32.16 will remove all workshop mods btw). so try switching back to v32.16 and see if works.

Depending on how advanced you want to get with the recipes involving actual chemistry, you may need to create items for things like bunsen burners (with some osrt of fuel supply) or meths burners (work for a lot of things, but can't burn at the same temperature), clamp stands and retorts, glass piping... lots of fun stuff.

Well that will depend upon the available art. ;)

If you need some "Lab Stuff" let me know.

Hydromancer,

I've come across a few things that look like bugs while playing around today:

1. I used my shiny new water pump to fill two wooden buckets, which I left on the ground next to the pump. I then right-clicked on the full wooden buckets and selected the option to make tanning using all of my acorns - at which point it took all 7 acorns I had, replaced them with soaked acorns.... and spawned seven wooden buckets of tannin on the ground next to the two wooden buckets of water. This doesn't happen if I make the buckets of tannin with the buckets of water in my inventory.

2. I can compost any kind of rotten fruit except cherries. Cherries just don't seem to want to compost at all.

3. Making pear jam doesn't work - as soon as it finishes cooking in the oven, the pot of pear jam vanishes.

Weird question here Hydro:

When I catch a fish from Fishing - what determines how many Fillets I get? Because I can Fillet it once with a Kitchen Knife once it's caught but then I can Fillet the Fillet over and over and get more...

I caught a 112 cm Pike, used Fillet and then Fillet'd the Fillet to get up to 39 more...is this working as intended? Because 40 Fillets off one fish is a little hard to understand. XD

- Next thing: when I Salt the Fillets - I'm not seeing any recipes that use them for Stew, Soups etc. Are there currently no recipes in-mod that allow me to use them again in a recipe? Or is is between scripting that the increased Thirst index will mess with recipes and output?

N.B. - I know a player can eat them easily since they're apparently so plentiful and it's a food that does not spoil easily so therefore adding them (since their RAW counterparts can be used in Soup/Stew etc) that it would be rather pointless to waste Curing Salt THEN have to add them to recipes to gain a food of the same result. So the Salted Fillets are more a travel/mobile food than anything really...I guess...

Not complaining mind you but I'm trying to understand/make some logic out of all of this or at least understand how and why some recipes behave as such. :D

Weird question here Hydro:

When I catch a fish from Fishing - what determines how many Fillets I get? Because I can Fillet it once with a Kitchen Knife once it's caught but then I can Fillet the Fillet over and over and get more...

I caught a 112 cm Pike, used Fillet and then Fillet'd the Fillet to get up to 39 more...is this working as intended? Because 40 Fillets off one fish is a little hard to understand. XD

- Next thing: when I Salt the Fillets - I'm not seeing any recipes that use them for Stew, Soups etc. Are there currently no recipes in-mod that allow me to use them again in a recipe? Or is is between scripting that the increased Thirst index will mess with recipes and output?

N.B. - I know a player can eat them easily since they're apparently so plentiful and it's a food that does not spoil easily so therefore adding them (since their RAW counterparts can be used in Soup/Stew etc) that it would be rather pointless to waste Curing Salt THEN have to add them to recipes to gain a food of the same result. So the Salted Fillets are more a travel/mobile food than anything really...I guess...

Not complaining mind you but I'm trying to understand/make some logic out of all of this or at least understand how and why some recipes behave as such. :D

Fish fillets and stuff are a base game thing. I did not design their fishing system nor their fish butchering system. So I have no idea. Ask the makers of PZ.

Hydromancer,

I'm not sure if this is just the random number generator being evil, or something changing, so I thought I'd check. I'm still pushing to try and get my character's foraging up to 10 (it's 9 at the moment) and I spent a lot of time burning through bear poop, pig poop, sheep poop and cow poop yesterday to clear space.

The first time I tried using the Hunt Bear with Bow and Arrows recipe was (I think) two weeks ago; I made one attempt and caught a bear, and then spent two weeks eating it. Yesterday, I made 19 attempts to do the same thing, and it didn't succeed once. I suspect that it's just bad luck on my part, but I'm never certain - what should the approximate success rate be? I wasn't counting successes when it came to tracking lost pigs, cows and sheep, but I now have 13 cows, 6 sheep and 8-9 pigs after going through what I think is a similar amount of assorted scat. My success rate hunting small game with a bow and arrows looks to be about 25% - I think I've succeded twice in eight or nine attempts.

On a seperate note, would it be possible to add rock salt to the list of things that can be produced from a mine? So many recipes use salt in one way or another that it would be nice to be able to mine small quantities of salt (and then grind it down to make table salt) simply so that more of the various recipes can be tried.

Hydromancer,

I'm not sure if this is just the random number generator being evil, or something changing, so I thought I'd check. I'm still pushing to try and get my character's foraging up to 10 (it's 9 at the moment) and I spent a lot of time burning through bear poop, pig poop, sheep poop and cow poop yesterday to clear space.

The first time I tried using the Hunt Bear with Bow and Arrows recipe was (I think) two weeks ago; I made one attempt and caught a bear, and then spent two weeks eating it. Yesterday, I made 19 attempts to do the same thing, and it didn't succeed once. I suspect that it's just bad luck on my part, but I'm never certain - what should the approximate success rate be? I wasn't counting successes when it came to tracking lost pigs, cows and sheep, but I now have 13 cows, 6 sheep and 8-9 pigs after going through what I think is a similar amount of assorted scat. My success rate hunting small game with a bow and arrows looks to be about 25% - I think I've succeded twice in eight or nine attempts.

On a seperate note, would it be possible to add rock salt to the list of things that can be produced from a mine? So many recipes use salt in one way or another that it would be nice to be able to mine small quantities of salt (and then grind it down to make table salt) simply so that more of the various recipes can be tried.

Hunting is currently broken in v3.6. Today we got it fixed so sorry about that. The new dog code broke it ut tis fixed for v3.7. In short don't hunt until next version.

Finding pigs, cows and sheep is separate code from hunting. So its ok to "capture" those. Just don't "Hunt" anything for now.

Lots to some with future mineable items. I just have not gotten around to it.

It's insane how much stuff I have to catch up with. For instance I just finished the Jute items and recipes. So making your own Burlap Sacks is now a thing!

Hunting is currently broken in v3.6. Today we got it fixed so sorry about that. The new dog code broke it ut tis fixed for v3.7. In short don't hunt until next version.

Finding pigs, cows and sheep is separate code from hunting. So its ok to "capture" those. Just don't "Hunt" anything for now.

It's insane how much stuff I have to catch up with. For instance I just finished the Jute items and recipes. So making your own Burlap Sacks is now a thing!

- Strange. I tried the Hunt Small Game and Hunt Deer Today using Spears and the search via Poop and it worked fine for me...

- Burlap sacks for backpacks and storing dirt/sand/ etc? :D

Well... I can always hunt deer, boar and small game when the next update comes out, I guess. I spent four months scraping that bear poop up in the woods :P Imagine the embarassment if I'd been bitten by a zombie.

Jute sounds like fun - I may have to take a couple of pictures of some of the things I've been able to do thanks to the mod already. I have a rooftop farm with twenty or so different potted plants in, and I've almost had to give up farming to make space for all the farm animals. I even moved the well into the warehouse bathroom to make space... watch out for the drop if you open the door!

Jute sounds like fun - I may have to take a couple of pictures of some of the things I've been able to do thanks to the mod already. I have a rooftop farm with twenty or so different potted plants in, and I've almost had to give up farming to make space for all the farm animals. I even moved the well into the warehouse bathroom to make space... watch out for the drop if you open the door!

...brings a whole new meaning to "MIND YA FALL IN!"

Hello Guys. My English ist not sooo good but i try.

My Problem is the Log Barricade :

I can Build it

i can have it in my inventory

But how can i place it in the world for real.

I mean i can drop it and then its ther but no effect i can walk throw and also the Zombies

WIth Hammer i cant build it like a wall or log wall

Is it only decoration ?

And when i build a waggoon is it the same ?

I start my game.exe with 64  and have no other mods only hydrcraft 3.6

pls help me to understand thes carpender Buildings like log barricade or waggoon.

thx

- Burlap sacks for backpacks and storing dirt/sand/ etc? :D

Burlap Sack as in Empty Sand Bag. So yes. Including sandbag walls.

Hello Guys. My English ist not sooo good but i try.

My Problem is the Log Barricade :

I can Build it

i can have it in my inventory

But how can i place it in the world for real.

I mean i can drop it and then its ther but no effect i can walk throw and also the Zombies

WIth Hammer i cant build it like a wall or log wall

Is it only decoration ?

And when i build a waggoon is it the same ?

I start my game.exe with 64  and have no other mods only hydrcraft 3.6

pls help me to understand thes carpender Buildings like log barricade or waggoon.

thx

1. At the moment the spiked log  barricade is just decorative. However my lua guy has been working on making it a playable item like tables.

2. The Wagon is a bag that can hold a lot. Thus you cannot see the character riding in a wagon.

man I would LOVE to see our carpentry objects become actually build-able world objects. that would blow my mind haha, Is the coding tough for it? I figured maybe with the help of whoever made the extended building mod (that I over use lol) maybe they could help out with coding place-able, build-able objects. just a though but im sure you'r lua guy is hard at work with it! :)

Just registered to say epic mod.. Indie stone should just add it all to the main game lol. One question though , are umbrellas ment to do something?? I have opened it up and equiped it in primary and in secondary slots and walked in the rain and i still get wet...

Again though i am only just scratchin g surface of this mod after 10 or so hours on it (so trying to make meth even called my character walter white..)

Just registered to say epic mod.. Indie stone should just add it all to the main game lol. One question though , are umbrellas ment to do something?? I have opened it up and equiped it in primary and in secondary slots and walked in the rain and i still get wet...

Again though i am only just scratchin g surface of this mod after 10 or so hours on it (so trying to make meth even called my character walter white..)

It's an umbrella not a protective bubble. You are going to get a little wet, just not soaked. Note if you are already wet it will not dry you. That's what towels are for.

It's an umbrella not a protective bubble. You are going to get a little wet, just not soaked. Note if you are already wet it will not dry you. That's what towels are for.

Thanks for the reply.. Makes sense i guess i saw i got wet pretty quick so i didnt bother to check if it went further in the condition bubble.

Cheers for letting me know towels work , again this is trully an epic mod..

Thanks for the reply.. Makes sense i guess i saw i got wet pretty quick so i didnt bother to check if it went further in the condition bubble.

Cheers for letting me know towels work , again this is trully an epic mod..

You can also dry wet towels on a clothes line.

Hmm and a question (or suggestion) ... can the animals use the Zombiemechanic of the game (but i belive its not lua ... have not checked that)? I mean walk arround and spawn. So i can hunt an animal like i hunt Zeds.

There is an incomplete NPC code for a rabbit in the base code. However it doesn't work. When we have real NPC stuff I suspect that animals can be added like that. For now they are just decorative or invisible.

Just some Words from me to all the questions:

Adding Placable Objects (like Walls etc) is indeed quite hard.

I already spent 1 Week to get the items placeable, if you would like to add functions to the placed objects ( collect rain, use as oven etc. ) it just gets insane...

There is just no good interface for those kind of items.

Also, if your placeable Object has any functions that interact with the world, you have to keep in mind that those objects interact completly different on Servers, making it even harder to code those stuff.

So don't expect a whole bunch of placable functional items in the near future.

I also looked at the said NPC code. Just to say, yes it is possible to create moving (not necessarily animated) Stuff ( like animals ).

For the questions of moving animals that can be hunted...at this time this is just not possible.

BUT the devs of pz already said that they like to implement those mechanics in later versions.

So just be patient.