Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

Oh custom sprites. Maybe but at the moment they seem not to be modular in what they edit.

Confused. Are you referring to the vanilla code or ModelLoader? 

I was under the impression that they modfy core files. Unlike other mods which just load after the core files. Is this not true? Is everything within a mod folder?

The mod is a core mod yes. That doesn't mean the code isn't modular. :P (I was taking it that way). For a decompile mod, I actually took time to recode a lot of the sections to optimize it as best as I can. 

Regarding 3b, are the silkworms in game so that the silk can be made that's needed for the beekeeper's mask? I was looking at the recipes earlier, and I remembered that silk worms had gone in-game and then come out again at one point, but I wasn't sure if they were back in.

I just found a minor issue with concrete - the well recipe looks for a blue bucket of concrete or a wooden bucket of concrete, but you can't actually make blue buckets of concrete - only wooden ones. I'm just going to go and make another wooden bucket so i can build the well...

I'm then going to start bench-pressing my watertower as I fill it up with water ;)

Yes silkworms are in game. So if you are wanting to make the beekeeper's mask you will need to get silk first.

Hmm. I thought I got them all. Guess I missed the well. Sorry about that.

The water pump doesn't require you to carry it.

EDIT: The well says it can do either.

recipe Construct Well    {    HCWoodenbucket,    HCStonepilebox=3,    BucketConcreteFull/HCWoodenbucketconcrete,    Plank=3,    HCRopethick,    HCMinehole,    keep HCMasontrowel,    CanBeDoneFromFloor:true,    Result:HCWell,    NeedToBeLearn:true,    Time:1000,    Category:Engineer,    }

BucketConcreteFull/HCWoodenbucketconcrete,

The problem isn't that it can use either - it's that there doesn't seem to be a recipe for making the blue bucket of concrete - only the wooden one

Emergency Patch v3.5b has been released! :o

Which includes ...

- Fixed Wooden Pallet Art

- Fixed results of Pallet of Lumber, Pallet of Stone, Pallet of Red Bricks and Pallet of Grey Bricks from giving 3 thick rope and 3 wooden pallets back when unpacking a pallet.

Sorry guys! Hopefully most of you have not even updated yet.

Hi Hydro,

Love your mod...it's one of the best (if not the best) add-ons to the game. I have V3.5b installed and recently created a water pump (getting 10 steel pipes was a pain) but I have no idea how to use it! I placed it on the ground, in my inventory and on primary but there's no way to use it (pump water) even with right-click. I had empty containers in my inventory but how do I get water from it? Also I don't know if this was intentional but the water pump graphic shows all the parts used to create it, but we still get to keep the well, the trough and other things (eg they aren't used up).

Also a while back I tried to Jar cabbages. Now the cabbages were 1 day fresh out of 4 (I used the food expiration date mod). As soon as I jarred them the jarred cabbages were 9 fresh out of 90? 300? can't remember the number. Anyways a few days later they became rotten. Seems like the 'rotten' status is based on the freshness of the cabbage. I didn't try the other veggies but there's not point in jarring them if the jarred versions last as long as the veggies themselves. Furthermore, when you eat the jarred cabbages you lose the lid. Why? You'd think you'd be able to keep lid. The spawned versions give you the jar and the lid after you eat them but it seems the player crafted versions lose the lid.

Keep up the good work!

Panda

Also a while back I tried to Jar cabbages. Now the cabbages were 1 day fresh out of 4 (I used the food expiration date mod). As soon as I jarred them the jarred cabbages were 9 fresh out of 90? 300? can't remember the number. Anyways a few days later they became rotten. Seems like the 'rotten' status is based on the freshness of the cabbage. I didn't try the other veggies but there's not point in jarring them if the jarred versions last as long as the veggies themselves. Furthermore, when you eat the jarred cabbages you lose the lid. Why? You'd think you'd be able to keep lid. The spawned versions give you the jar and the lid after you eat them but it seems the player crafted versions lose the lid.

Keep up the good work!

Panda

The jarred cabbages are a base game item - that's why they don't give you the lids back. Although Hydro kindly gave us a way to make new lids :)

The problem isn't that it can use either - it's that there doesn't seem to be a recipe for making the blue bucket of concrete - only the wooden one

So make the Wooden Bucket instead.

Which includes ...

- Fixed results of Pallet of Lumber, Pallet of Stone, Pallet of Red Bricks and Pallet of Grey Bricks from giving 3 thick rope and 3 wooden pallets back when unpacking a pallet.

Hi Hydro,

Love your mod...it's one of the best (if not the best) add-ons to the game. I have V3.5b installed and recently created a water pump (getting 10 steel pipes was a pain) but I have no idea how to use it! I placed it on the ground, in my inventory and on primary but there's no way to use it (pump water) even with right-click. I had empty containers in my inventory but how do I get water from it? Also I don't know if this was intentional but the water pump graphic shows all the parts used to create it, but we still get to keep the well, the trough and other things (eg they aren't used up).

Keep up the good work!

Panda

1. You can only fill it using Wooden Water Buckets. From there you can pour the water in the buckets into other water containers.

2. Jarring Cabbage is a base game thing. If you notice Hydrocraft jarring requires a single item of Jar with Lid while base game jarring requires an Empty Jar and a Lid. The base game is mean in that you loose the lid while Hydrocraft Jarring is nice an gives you back the Jar with Lid.

And I agree the base game should allow you to keep the Jar Lid.

So make the Wooden Bucket instead.

Which includes ...

Hi Hydro,

Keep up the good work!

Panda

1. You can only fill it using Wooden Water Buckets. From there you can pour the water in the buckets into other water containers.

2. Jarring Cabbage is a base game thing. If you notice Hydrocraft jarring requires a single item of Jar with Lid while base game jarring requires an Empty Jar and a Lid. The base game is mean in that you loose the lid while Hydrocraft Jarring is nice an gives you back the Jar with Lid.

And I agree the base game should allow you to keep the Jar Lid.

Thanks Broken and Hydro for the info about jaring cabbages being a base game thing. Hydro using the wooden bucket with the pump worked...thanks! Don't remember if that info was in the release notes or if you wanted us to figure that out on our own. Would be cool if someone updated the wiki ;).

So back to jaring veggies. Looks like a minor bug in the vanilla game if opening the jars don't return the lids. The second issue that I mentioned was that the (vanilla) jarred versions expire the same time as the veggies themselves, or that is the case with cabbages. I wonder if the developers read the mods section.

On a side note, I think I found a bug while trying to skin a cow. I don't know how but I got the option to skin (or it might have been butcher) some kind of bird after killing the cow. When I selected that option it turned out to be a goose and I got some feathers/meat from it. I then proceeded to butcher the cow. You might want to look into that.

I think I found some other minor things but I can't remember them right now. I'll post them when they come back to me.

Panda

Just some litte Bug Reports:

1. There is now a recipe needing a Meat Cleaver and a Knife ( no more Animal Carcass or some things like that ) returning a Meat Cleaver and a Knife + i think it was Goose Flesh.

2. Going Hunting with a Crossbow leads to an Error pointing out that the Sound File for Crossbow is Missing

3. I don't know what it was exactly but in the Last Update there has to be some Changes to Items which results in resetting some Chunks. Could you make some Kind of Release List which Item had been changed in future releases ?

I hope i am being helpful (tophat)

Just some Questions accordings Design:

Wouldn't it make Sense to move all those "Recycle / Skin / Butcher" - recipes into another Category ?

The "Engineer" Category is kind of flooded with entries.

and just a little thought:

I was thinking that it might be possible to add an "oncooked" to all Those Ores raping the cooking system for smeltery an so on.

Which should give a chance of making the smelter / kiln into buildable Objects which need fuel like the grill or gas stove...

i looked into the original lua an i thinks there is definetly a chance of accomplish said thing. I just didn't hat the time to write some scripts lately.

Just some litte Bug Reports:

1. There is now a recipe needing a Meat Cleaver and a Knife ( no more Animal Carcass or some things like that ) returning a Meat Cleaver and a Knife + i think it was Goose Flesh.

2. Going Hunting with a Crossbow leads to an Error pointing out that the Sound File for Crossbow is Missing

3. I don't know what it was exactly but in the Last Update there has to be some Changes to Items which results in resetting some Chunks. Could you make some Kind of Release List which Item had been changed in future releases ?

I hope i am being helpful (tophat)

Just some Questions accordings Design:

Wouldn't it make Sense to move all those "Recycle / Skin / Butcher" - recipes into another Category ?

The "Engineer" Category is kind of flooded with entries.

and just a little thought:

I was thinking that it might be possible to add an "oncooked" to all Those Ores raping the cooking system for smeltery an so on.

Which should give a chance of making the smelter / kiln into buildable Objects which need fuel like the grill or gas stove...

i looked into the original lua an i thinks there is definetly a chance of accomplish said thing. I just didn't hat the time to write some scripts lately.

1. It should be Meat Cleaver OR a Knife for the bird butchering. Is that not happening?

2. Yeah I will remove those sounds for now since they don't seem to be working for recipes.

3. How far back? We had an issue with Ants listed before.

4. Recycling is Engineering, but Butcher is cooking and skinning us Survival. So things are spread out.

5.The problem is we would need to make it an actual placeable object if we did that. And my lua guy has been having trouble just turning the spiked log barrier into one. it will be a while until we can get complex stuff like that in the game.

1. I mean following recipe:

recipe Butcher Carcass
    {
            SkillRequired:Cooking=2,
        HCSnowgoosedead/KitchenKnife/HuntingKnife/HCJackknife,
        keep HCMeatcleaver,
            Result:HCWhitefeathers=6,
        Time:100.0,
           Category:Cooking,
            OnCreate:recipe_hcgoosebutcher,
    }

This means if you have a KitchenKnife/HuntingKnife/HCJackknife and a Meatcleaver you can produce Feathers...

I'm quite sure that this isn't intendet.

2. I mean maybe you could make a Category just for the recycle stuff, if you use the "B" Crafting menue and scroll through the recipes you have to (warning overstatement) scroll like days to get past the recycle x/y entries. ( not really important, so don't care if you have better stuff todo)

3.: Just from the latest Version ( i startet the game about 7 days ago with the latest Hydrocraft Version at that time ):

I think that might some Books ( e.g.: Masonary) could have caused the reset, not sure thou.

1. Ah thanks! Guess I was tired when I did that.

2. Yeah I don't know if you can have a custom category. Maybe when metal working is added to the base game there will be a new category for me to put those into.

3. If you can track down what items are causing resetting please let me know.

1. I mean following recipe:

recipe Butcher Carcass

{

SkillRequired:Cooking=2,

HCSnowgoosedead/KitchenKnife/HuntingKnife/HCJackknife,

keep HCMeatcleaver,

Result:HCWhitefeathers=6,

Time:100.0,

Category:Cooking,

OnCreate:recipe_hcgoosebutcher,

}

This means if you have a KitchenKnife/HuntingKnife/HCJackknife and a Meatcleaver you can produce Feathers...

I'm quite sure that this isn't intendet.

@Hydro, this is what I saw I believe. I had a kitchen knife, meat cleaver and dead cow in my inventory. I did not have any birds (dead or otherwise) on me. If you go into the cooking tab you'll see butcher carcass (feathers) enabled. Thanks Bruno for finding the 'code'. I already look at (C#, c++, XAML, etc) code all day at work so I didn't do any investigation myself. I'm not even sure what language Project Zomboid uses.

Hey hydro just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work, the mod is awesome. I know you get alot of suggestions and i donno if this would be overpowered or hard to code but what about being able to find a miny fridge that would run off of electricity. Right now if you live in a base which you built the generator has no use, and that could possibly give it some, just a idea. If it is possible to code a item that runs off of power, maybe even something like a george foreman grill :P

Hey hydro just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work, the mod is awesome. I know you get alot of suggestions and i donno if this would be overpowered or hard to code but what about being able to find a miny fridge that would run off of electricity. Right now if you live in a base which you built the generator has no use, and that could possibly give it some, just a idea. If it is possible to code a item that runs off of power, maybe even something like a george foreman grill :P

We have tried to make the cooler and ice chest slow down rotting but no luck yet.

However in future PZ updates its looks like you can move furniture. I suspect if you can move fridges then you can just grab one and take it to your base and then plug in the generator. But this is all speculation from me.

organtrail_zpsduskizdo.jpg

Get ready for the Oregon Organ Trail!

this looks awesome, I'm guessing it works like the dogs?

If you use Extended Building Options v1.4 you can build a mini fridge. 

Hi there,

first of all i want to say that Project Zomboid is a great game, i love it! Second to say is, that HC Mod is a great mod.. so i also love it! :)

Because the Mod adds so much new Stuff to the Game every now and then i got a question. Most of the time i just use the search function to find what i need to know. But this time i didn´t find anything that helped me out, so i kindly ask you guys.

How do i make proper use of the Archery Target? I builded one and set it down. Than i took a slingshot and fired about 60 BB´s on it. From different distances and angles. But that actually did nothing for my aiming skill. Than i used a Long Bow with two arrows, but that didn´t do anything to my aiming skill either. Maybe i missed these two shots though, idk.

What am i doing wrong here? How can i increase my aiming skill with the archery target. Any ideas?

Regards.

Edit: I just found out how it works... that its kind of another recipie with the Archery Book. :)