Automatic mod download server -> client (MP)

Kirrus

It would be a nice feature.

For the mods could you allow downloading from a site directly (or through dropbox or torrent like behavior from all people on server to allow for faster speeds) or would you do what TL2 does and download through the mod downloader/updater through steam? (chooses to connect through a server then finds mod info then exits to download the mods from hosts/steam)

If through a site maybe make an admin check the mod first for viruses or just wait til steam workshop can be added as that would probably be for the best if worried about potential viruses.

And then a hacker hacks a virus into it and we all die the end.....

On a more serious note yea that would be nice. I could finally play modded servers

Would mean the server you're connecting to is compromised and there are worse things he can do.

I think by most accounts LUA is quite neutered when it comes to do anything on a clients machine unless you really sink the time into it. Even then, the damages would be non existent I would imagine.

love the idea and would use it as much as possible.

but what about maps like Bedford and Dreadwood that require overwriting map files.

would there be a way to convert those to more of a general mod that we can just drop in the mod folder and activate or de-activate at will?

love the idea and would use it as much as possible.

but what about maps like Bedford and Dreadwood that require overwriting map files.

would there be a way to convert those to more of a general mod that we can just drop in the mod folder and activate or de-activate at will?

There's already instructions out there for using the %username%\zomboid\mods directory for these maps.