American Obesity/Elderly

CaptKaspar

Obesity in America is real. A whopping 35% of our adult population are obese! For immersion that issue should be factored into the game.

We already have slower/faster zombies in game, how about adding a new zombie model for some of the slower ones? It would only take creating a new zombie model and tying it to the already existing slower zombies.

Along those lines we could have elderly modeled zombies that could also be slower with worse (or no) memory.

I would love to make an obese and/or elder character sometime too! It would present new and unique challenges and really open up the RPG dimensions.

What are you trying to say?! We aren't fat!

Joking aside, all new models both character and weapon are on the list for things to be able to be added/modded later. That sort of thing would probably be more likely implemented as a mod...

Could be wrong though.

Zombies are fine the way they are, slightly slower isn't going to make a difference. And they way you mention how memory works doesn't fit the lore they have I believe.

Silents429, I never suggested changing the zombies in this thread other than a new 3D model for some. There already are zombies that are faster and slower than each other in game currently.

I don't see how having a 3D model of some larger zombies doesn't fit the lore of the game being set in a rural Kentucky town. 33.2% of Kentucky is considered obese. So 1 in 3 zombies statistically should be obese.

Furthermore, there is a 1 in 3 chance that my character would be obese if I am from Kentucky. I can't see how this hurts the lore in anyway. Improves it IMHO.

I think the devs have more important issues to be bothered with :P though it'd be nice with some more variety.

True.

But, if they are currently working with an animator as we speak to add new animations, now might be the perfect time to make some changes.

Animations that show our backpacks, sneaking, etc are all currently being added to help improve the game immersion and no other game play purpose. The backpacks, the sneaking, and the slower (obese) zombies are all already in game, we just need the animations for them.

With that being said, there are certainly a number of things I'd rather see added to this game before I see fat zombie models added :lol:

Zombies are fine the way they are, slightly slower isn't going to make a difference. And they way you mention how memory works doesn't fit the lore they have I believe.

Silents429, I never suggested changing the zombies in this thread other than a new 3D model for some. There already are zombies that are faster and slower than each other in game currently.

I don't see how having a 3D model of some larger zombies doesn't fit the lore of the game being set in a rural Kentucky town. 33.2% of Kentucky is considered obese. So 1 in 3 zombies statistically should be obese.

Furthermore, there is a 1 in 3 chance that my character would be obese if I am from Kentucky. I can't see how this hurts the lore in anyway. Improves it IMHO.

And I said memory loss based on age wasn't lore fitting. I even had a nice seperate sentance for that.

New models and looks with zombies are probably coming, it just seems incredibly dumb to worry about now. I just can't see people sitting in their safehouse thinking "Gee this game could use fat zombies, if anything it needs its fat zombies."

And I said memory loss based on age wasn't lore fitting. I even had a nice seperate sentance for that.

New models and looks with zombies are probably coming, it just seems incredibly dumb to worry about now. I just can't see people sitting in their safehouse thinking "Gee this game could use fat zombies, if anything it needs its fat zombies."

silents429m, to me you are sounding hostile, please keep it lovely. I apologize, but I did not understand your original sentence about lore and memory. This is likely because English is not my primary language, is it yours?

This, like many suggestion threads, was not created with the sole expression that this suggestion was the most important. It is merely a suggestion to improve the immersion of the game, that it will hopefully be added someday to the game. Currently this week's Mondoid references animations and sound work being done to improve the immersion of the game and this topic, I feel, falls in line with that.

We all have our opinions, and yes I would like to see fat zombies in the game at some point, but do try to be lovely when expressing them.