Question About Upcoming Animations

CaptKaspar

I think the entire community is excited about the upcoming animations!

We know there is going to be visible backpacks, new stealth animations, cool things like staggering, falling/tripping, and hopping fences! All of these sound and so far (from what we've seen) look amazing!

But, I was hoping to get some insight into whether or not we will have more 'mundane' but immersive animations. Will we see rummaging in backpacks, opening containers, reading books, tilling fields, eating, sitting, sawing logs, building carpentry products, cooking, etc?

I was recently playing MP and we had 5 people all in our safe house, but without talking, we had no idea what each other were doing. All we could see was 5 characters standing there, even though we were each doing something. Some of us were resting, reading books, sawing logs, etc.

A quick 'yes' or 'no' from someone in the know would be great! Thanks in advance

Would be cool to have animated containers as well. Imagine drawers sliding out, wadrobe doors open, locker doors open etc.

I agree with you. I'd rather have to click on a container to loot its content (or deposit stuff in it), so I can actually know where the stuff I loot come from

But, I was hoping to get some insight into whether or not we will have more 'mundane' but immersive animations. Will we see rummaging in backpacks, opening containers, reading books, tilling fields, eating, sitting, sawing logs, building carpentry products, cooking, etc?

Oh a ton. Martin is quite the demon :D I'm fairly sure literally every one of the ones you mention are in most cases done, or are on the list, and more. There are so many they will take a while to implement, and may come in between updates depending on how stuff goes.

Oh a ton. Martin is quite the demon :D I'm fairly sure literally every one of the ones you mention are in most cases done, or are on the list, and more. There are so many they will take a while to implement, and may come in between updates depending on how stuff goes.

I'm drooling over here. Tell me more about how awesome animations are gonna be :)

This is great news! I'm honestly more excited about the "mundane" animations that add to immersion rather than any change to gameplay. I already love the way PZ plays (though I have faith you guys will add to that rather than change it altogether), but being able to see what my characters are doing will add so much more to each action, and thereby my attachment to my characters.

Wow! I am super excited to hear this! Thanks for thinking about these things, I think it will greatly help with immersion. Keep up the good work and thank Martin for me. I'm excited to see his work!

Thanks also for filling us in!

Archived