thats why i want a savegame...serioulsy xP

B4nny

(sandboxmode)

I was 3 months in. No electricity. Water was still running. Just the thought of getting tainted water . Cooking it. filling it to bottles made me sick.

I had a pretty decent base. Woodwalls all around. 2 layers. Cooking skill : Maxed. Farming skill: maxed. Carpentry : level 7

I had a Generator in my house. never used it. then i thought. lets try it out. started it. (maybe some people already think: nooooo! wait! )

Yup.. I turned it on. IN MY HOUSE! I didnt think about it...my health was damaged to half. I though. wth? maybe some electricity sparks damaged me. lets go to sleep to heal.

Woke up with full health. Great. but then immediatly my health sunk. THEN it clickd in my head! Turnd of the Generator Asap! opend the Door and ran out. wanted to rest in the House across the Street. Zombie there. Ran away. Ran around. Died.

Honestly. I dont want to play again for the next time...put too much work into my Character and Base...

I would play if i could reload from "before turning on the Generator"....

p.s. I also almost died to a Zombie bite in this save. because of my mouse. didnt work correctly, couldnt turn ,zombie got me. (cant say that people with poor Hardware are supposed to die more)

I will never understand why there is only a Hardcore mode. A game where u Develope a Cahracter with no Save...

Im talking about a real official Save button. not a copie Folder stuff^^

this is not a Rant. I know it was already dissussed. its intendet blablub. but it frustrated me so much. and i am hopefully sure. we will keep hearing about it in the future too.

But you do understand that a save button would ruin the experience for many many players and fans, who've bought the game because it actually presents a real challenge.

There definitely should be something that would alarm you about the generator though.

Also, if your mouse doesn't work it's definitely not the game's fault... The devs can't add every concievable option because of things not dependent on them. I get this point because my mouse is not connecting half of the time (it's hella frustrating), but I consider it my own issue, not the game's.

And there is only a "hardcore mode" because it's a hardcore zombie survival game as it says on the steam description.

But you do understand that a save button would ruin the experience for many many players and fans, who've bought the game because it actually presents a real challenge.

*Devs added save button*

"No! I don't want it!"

*30 seconds later...*

"Nooooo!!!!!!"

*1 minute later*

"THIS BUTTON IS MADE BY A DEVIL!!!"

*5 minutes later*

"Ahh...."

*player save the game*

This isn't working like that...... You want challenge? Ok, then don't freakin use it. Simple?

I fully understand the OP, because on my character i got broken leg due to bad game controls (E for everything) and i need to copy/paste my save folder from time to time, because doing anything with turtle speed is hella risky and it's not my fault that i got broken leg (btw that wall was looking like a normal big fence, not SMALL fence... It's really not my fault. I'm talking about warehouse next to the farm in Muldraugh, on 3 floor).

But i think that this button should be avaible when you exit the game so most players wouldn't use it anyways (it's literally that same thing like copy/paste thing, only without copy and paste action, of course....).

There definitely should be something that would alarm you about the generator though.

Also, if your mouse doesn't work it's definitely not the game's fault... The devs can't add every concievable option because of things not dependent on them. I get this point because my mouse is not connecting half of the time (it's hella frustrating), but I consider it my own issue, not the game's.

And there is only a "hardcore mode" because it's a hardcore zombie survival game as it says on the steam description.

But what if , before u start a game , u had the chance to choose: save during game on or off. who would u Hurt with this? (maybe only their ego) People who dont want the option to save, just take off and those who want it take on.

I really dont get it. xD

Its a Hardcore mode only. ok. some people think its too easy stilll. so is it a hardcore mode? not for them.

some people like to go left some right.

meh. i should give up...xD

I would like your post but i can't because it looks that i'm too friendly (seriously - i just liked too much posts)! ;d

You're right - in PZ you can kill 3 zombies at one swing but you can't save a game or choose if you want to have that posibility. It's kinda silly.

Btw about generator - there is a info but it's saying "don't operate indoors" not "if you'll place it indoors you'll burn!"

(sandboxmode)

I was 3 months in. No electricity. Water was still running. Just the thought of getting tainted water . Cooking it. filling it to bottles made me sick.

I had a pretty decent base. Woodwalls all around. 2 layers. Cooking skill : Maxed. Farming skill: maxed. Carpentry : level 7

I had a Generator in my house. never used it. then i thought. lets try it out. started it. (maybe some people already think: nooooo! wait! )

Yup.. I turned it on. IN MY HOUSE! I didnt think about it...my health was damaged to half. I though. wth? maybe some electricity sparks damaged me. lets go to sleep to heal.

Woke up with full health. Great. but then immediatly my health sunk. THEN it clickd in my head! Turnd of the Generator Asap! opend the Door and ran out. wanted to rest in the House across the Street. Zombie there. Ran away. Ran around. Died.

Honestly. I dont want to play again for the next time...put too much work into my Character and Base...

I would play if i could reload from "before turning on the Generator"....

p.s. I also almost died to a Zombie bite in this save. because of my mouse. didnt work correctly, couldnt turn ,zombie got me. (cant say that people with poor Hardware are supposed to die more)

I will never understand why there is only a Hardcore mode. A game where u Develope a Cahracter with no Save...

Im talking about a real official Save button. not a copie Folder stuff^^

this is not a Rant. I know it was already dissussed. its intendet blablub. but it frustrated me so much. and i am hopefully sure. we will keep hearing about it in the future too.

This goes against PZ stands for, there has been people who died to Bleach (i love them, silly bastards), you know when is fair to have a save game? When the game glitches or bugs the fuck out and you end up dying.

Know how i died in a game with 7 months in? I forgot that i removed a sheet rope from a bait-escape house, had a horde under the house following me and i died.

Personally, I would hate having the option to save my game. I wouldn't, however, have a problem with an entirely separate game mode that allows it (I.e., we would have First Bite, Survival, Challenge, Sandbox, AND a new game mode called Easy Peasy). As long as there was some sort of indicator that the character was made and played in that mode, for screenshot purposes, so as not to detract from players boasting about Survival times.

Do jumping from thirth floor when you wanted to do something else but because someone had a idea to put all interactions on "E" button you died is counting as game bugs?

Btw "cheat menu" have option to heal players (i think... never tried that) so if you ended with broken leg due to situation like this above you can use it and be happy and alife ;d

Do jumping from thirth floor when you wanted to do something else but because someone had a idea to put all interactions on "E" button you died is counting as game bugs?

Btw "cheat menu" have option to heal players (i think... never tried that) so if you ended with broken leg due to situation like this above you can use it and be happy and alife ;d

For someone who never cheats, you sure do mention cheating in a lot of your posts.

Why i would lie?

You think that i'm lying? I actually downloaded that "mod" because after days of having broken leg due to game i got bitten because i was too slow, so yeah - i'm not going to agree with that. I got killed by my mistake? I'm ok with that. I got killed due to game? I'm not ok with that.

See? I'm not lying, i just talk about cheats a lot because for 2 days (IRL) i'm playing on character with broken leg and it's not my fault and now i got killed (i mean... i would die if i wouldn't use cheats) because of that. 

TLDR:

I don't used them yet but i'm going to. Also using cheats because game broke my character leg don't makes me cheater in my opinion.

And btw people can use cheats to use "creative mode". Do it makes them cheaters if that mode will be implemented anyway?

And btw people can use cheats to use "creative mode". Do it makes them cheaters if that mode will be implemented anyway?

Yes, of course it makes them cheaters. Obviously.

Not that there's anything wrong with cheating. It's a single player focused game, people can play it however they want. I just think it's funny you've vehemently denied cheating in two three threads now whilst simultaneously mentioning the specifics of cheating in PZ.

Personally, I would hate having the option to save my game. I wouldn't, however, have a problem with an entirely separate game mode that allows it (I.e., we would have First Bite, Survival, Challenge, Sandbox, AND a new game mode called Easy Peasy). As long as there was some sort of indicator that the character was made and played in that mode, for screenshot purposes, so as not to detract from players boasting about Survival times.

Something like Chicken Hat in MGS V but is totally his own thing? Yeah why not, but it should have like a water mark so other players can see that this guy is playing with that mode on.

Yes, of course it makes them cheaters. Obviously.

Not that there's anything wrong with cheating. It's a single player focused game, people can play it however they want. I just think it's funny you've vehemently denied cheating in two threads now whilst simultaneously mentioning the specifics of cheating in PZ.

If you really want to hear my story....

And if you don't want i will talk about it anyway...

So here it goes:

I was reading thread about that devs should change something with "e" for fences by Svarog (because i got broken leg that day, so i was looking for these suggestions to post "+1" or other stupid stuff). Under that thread there was a guy that post that cheating menu (he said that you can heal yourself with it). I said "eee... I can deal with that leg, i'm not going to cheat" or something like that. And now, when i got bitten i came back to that topic and i've read page of that "mod" and this is why i know something about it and because i know something about it i can say people to check that "mod" out if they have problems like "i want to be ironman" (i posted in this topic right now). And i think i will check that "mod" out when i will fianlly can stop posting because someone is talking to me ;d

EDIT

Ok, i used that freakin cheat... AND I CAN F****** RUN!!!! YES!!!! Btw i can run pretty fast because when you have broken leg and hold shift you still "sprinting" and - of course - you need more time to "sprint" somewhere = more xp. Well.... If i could i would take some XP from myself because i healed myself after all.

You can officialy calm me a Cheater now. Enjoy this because i don't cheat pretty often (GTA is another story of course! ;d)

Also i liked my "need a snickers" "label" more. Can you please change that?

A save system won't be added to the game (beyond the current one). It is, however, possible to mod it in. That no one has, well . .  . Or you could just cheat, without the game sanctioning it.

CHEATER!!!!! ;D

EDIT 2

I have a idea that wouldn't require saving option - posibility to choose how often game autosaves. Sometimes i rage quit from the game quickly as i can when i got bitten in hilarious/ruodicouls situations but still i was spawning in that same place so it looks that game is autosaving pretty often. If someone would change autosave - for example - to 5 minutes he would have enough time to just simply quit the game (not through "exit" button of course) and spawn before situation he died in.

You already have a save game option. All you have to do is exit the game and navigate to where your game is saved (type Zomboid into the search bar in the start menu). Click on either sandbox or survival and copy your save game file, make a new folder somewhere else and paste the file into the new folder. Now if you die you can just copy paste the file back.

You already have a save game option. All you have to do is exit the game and navigate to where your game is saved (type Zomboid into the search bar in the start menu). Click on either sandbox or survival and copy your save game file, make a new folder somewhere else and paste the file into the new folder. Now if you die you can just copy paste the file back.

"Im talking about a real official Save button. not a copie Folder stuff^^"

"Hey, devs of PZ made a save game option! You can just save game using your windows. It's smart, doesn't it?"

"Hey, devs of PZ made a save game option! You can just save game using your windows. It's smart, doesn't it?"

At-least if you want a cheat save mode, you need to do that stuff and work for it, the devs dont want a save system because it goes against PZ like i said earlier. 

EDIT 2

I have a idea that wouldn't require saving option - posibility to choose how often game autosaves. Sometimes i rage quit from the game quickly as i can when i got bitten in hilarious/ruodicouls situations but still i was spawning in that same place so it looks that game is autosaving pretty often. If someone would change autosave - for example - to 5 minutes he would have enough time to just simply quit the game (not through "exit" button of course) and spawn before situation he died in.

Fuck that, MGS V auto-save bullshit makes it hard to quit the game because if you are in a hurry and you need to leave the game, you need to run away and wait for the autosave to pop up.

Imagine i need to save the game and i need to wait the 5 minutes before leaving? 

Is better the way the game saves, each time you open the menu or pause the game saves, that is how it works i think and i like it, if you fuck up, there is no shutting down the game and hope for a auto-save to save your ass, you are going to have to continue your fuck up when you load up the game.

Sometimes i feel that you really don't use logic in some situations Taco, seriously, not trying to be rude, i just really need to say that...

Why would you need to wait for autosave? What with saving a game when you quit?...

Also like many people said before - if you want it to be hardcore then make it hardcore - don't rage quit, don't use cheats, don't use save button, choose hardcore mode etc.

First off PZ really isn't soo hardcore, it's just a game without saving and this and only this makes it really hard. You can easily kill thousands of zombies using only your axe and non-human rage.

"one bite and it's over!"

Yeah, but before you'll get bitten there is high chance to being scratched (if you aren't slowpoke) and there is high chance to not get infected due to that.

For god sake, why people soo much don't like idea of another mode with saving button or something? How this mode would hurt you? How "first bite" mode hurt you? How easy-sandbox options hurt you? It's really just "No, because no and fuck off" statement.

Ain't happenin.'

First off PZ really isn't soo hardcore, it's just a game without saving and this and only this makes it really hard. You can easily kill thousands of zombies using only your axe and non-human rage.

"one bite and it's over!"

Yeah, but before you'll get bitten there is high chance to being scratched (if you aren't slowpoke) and there is high chance to not get infected due to that.

For god sake, why people soo much don't like idea of another mode with saving button or something? How this mode would hurt you? How "first bite" mode hurt you? How easy-sandbox options hurt you? It's really just "No, because no and fuck off" statement.

Because of the Rouge-Lite (No Rouge-Like like many people say) feel that the games gives perhaps?

The perma-death aspect of it? That is kinda the big deal of PZ that "one scratch/bite game over man"? 

I am all in for another game modes, i said that a chicken hat mode like MGS V where shit is easy and players can do what they want is fine by me, First Bite is fine by me because if someone complains about Survival its easy to say "Go to First Bite and learn the game", I love sandbox because if someone says "i dont like having to grind XP for my skills!" you can tell them "Well play Sandbox and its fixed!"

You know what piss me off though? When some guy comes and tells that Survival should be changed to suit their playstyle, like for example begin able to save in Survival is bullshit, the whole point of Survival is the "hardcore aspect" of it, (8 months beats survival everyday though) or having more XP gain, less zombies, more guns, more ammo and you explain that the devs just said NO that feature and they keep asking and are so stubborn that they keep asking the same thing.

As for the autosave, you said 5 minutes right? You want that in survival or in a sandbox option? For me a Sandbox option is fine by all means, i wouldn't use it and if someone else uses it, fine, all the power to them to do so, but Survival? Nah, why would you need it? If you need to go, just pause the game, the game saves automatically and there you go! Game saved.

Unless you want it for a situation like OP had or when you are bitten in Survival, well tough luck, you are dead and nothing will fix it, welcome to perma-death.

Like Enigma said, aint happening, if you want you can try to mod it, but from the Devs, that aint happening and that for some reason makes me happy to see the Devs keep the vision of the game intact.

"I love sandbox because if someone says "i dont like having to grind XP for my skills!" you can tell them "Well play Sandbox and its fixed!""

It's not working like that - repeating myself 101.

"You know what piss me off though? When some guy comes and tells that Survival should be changed to suit their playstyle"

You know what piss me off? When you say something that i or anybody else said something when he didn't. I'm talking about options and modes from the beginning.

"As for the autosave, you said 5 minutes right? You want that in survival or in a sandbox option? For me a Sandbox option is fine by all means, i wouldn't use it and if someone else uses it, fine, all the power to them to do so, but Survival? Nah, why would you need it? If you need to go, just pause the game, the game saves automatically and there you go! Game saved."

1. I was talking about option in options menu.

2. Not the survival, again.

3. You don't understand for what people use autosaves if you're talking "just pause the game and here you go!". The point of autosaves is to have a backup if something happens like crash etc. (or if you want to rage guit of course... But it's the dark side of autosaves), if games autosave when you're in menu only then it's really bad autosave (also, if this is true then you can rage quit without using menu, just saying...).

"Unless you want it for a situation like OP had or when you are bitten in Survival, well tough luck, you are dead and nothing will fix it, welcome to perma-death."

OP don't exactly said "add it to survival!" he just said he would like to see it at option/mode or whatever.

TLDR:

This whole discussion is pointles if you don't even get what i'm saying.

"I love sandbox because if someone says "i dont like having to grind XP for my skills!" you can tell them "Well play Sandbox and its fixed!""

It's not working like that - repeating myself 101.

"You know what piss me off though? When some guy comes and tells that Survival should be changed to suit their playstyle"

You know what piss me off? When you say something that i or anybody else said something when he didn't. I'm talking about options and modes from the beginning.

"As for the autosave, you said 5 minutes right? You want that in survival or in a sandbox option? For me a Sandbox option is fine by all means, i wouldn't use it and if someone else uses it, fine, all the power to them to do so, but Survival? Nah, why would you need it? If you need to go, just pause the game, the game saves automatically and there you go! Game saved."

1. I was talking about option in options menu.

2. Not the survival, again.

3. You don't understand for what people use autosaves if you're talking "just pause the game and here you go!". The point of autosaves is to have a backup if something happens like crash etc. (or if you want to rage guit of course... But it's the dark side of autosaves), if games autosave when you're in menu only then it's really bad autosave (also, if this is true then you can rage quit without using menu, just saying...).

"Unless you want it for a situation like OP had or when you are bitten in Survival, well tough luck, you are dead and nothing will fix it, welcome to perma-death."

OP don't exactly said "add it to survival!" he just said he would like to see it at option/mode or whatever.

TLDR:

This whole discussion is pointles if you don't even get what i'm saying.

I do get what you are saying and i know if this was other forum i wouldn't be lovely with you by now but i will try to explain things again.

1-You are not the only one that made a thead about XP, but is one of the things that come up in the Steam discussions too.

2-I am talking about suggestions that people make, again not quoting you especially, but as a whole i seen many times this type of discussions throughout the TIS forum or Steam forums where people are really stubborn with their ideas that they want to FORCE into the game for X reason.

3-I had crashes before and the game saves fine though, either 1 minute or seconds before the game crashes, i never rage quitted before in PZ but i am sure as hell have rage quitted a game before, i usually use the menu to get out of the game since i just cant press the X to close the game, maybe you are playing in Windowed mode and you rage quit like that? Or Alt-F4? You would still have your game saved even if you Alt-F4, have you tried it?

4-"I will never understand why there is only a Hardcore mode. A game where u Develope a Cahracter with no Save...

Im talking about a real official Save button. not a copie Folder stuff^^"

Like i said, if its is own thing as a option in Sandbox for me is fine.

"I do get what you are saying and i know if this was other forum i wouldn't be lovely with you by now but i will try to explain things again."

So it means that people need to be lovely in General Discussion but not in Suggestions? Mhm...

"1-You are not the only one that made a thead about XP, but is one of the things that come up in the Steam discussions too."

Yeah, i know this but when you're talking about things like these exactly when you have a discussion about this with me then i have a good reason to think you're talking about me. I think that at that point you just want to "defend" yourself or something. And this don't change my point - you can't change it even using sandbox.

"2-I am talking about suggestions that people make, again not quoting you especially, but as a whole i seen many times this type of discussions throughout the TIS forum or Steam forums where people are really stubborn with their ideas that they want to FORCE into the game for X reason."

For me every suggestion created is just a suggestion and all points - regardles of how they're being speak of - are just personal opinions and suggestions.  That someone don't add "in my opinion" thing doesn't mean that this isn't only his opinion and this is only a suggestion. If they're making X reasons that's because they want to explain some things and they hope that people will understand/agree with their points (but like we all know most people ((also me)) likes to stick to their own statement "to the end"). This may be get as "forcing", but (mostly) it really isn't. Actually i think that point of discussion is to kinda force someone to at least understand and then maybe agree with your point. You stop "forcing" when you know that X person will not agree with you anyway.

"You would still have your game saved even if you Alt-F4, have you tried it?"

No, but i tried to use task manager and removing process. It wasn't "rage" quiting, i mostly do it when game f*** me so hard that it's the first thing i can think of like dying due to holding e on balcony when you wanted to do something else or when your mouse stopped working etc. but it's not working. I think i will make experiment tomorrow (just because i'm curious..).

"I do get what you are saying and i know if this was other forum i wouldn't be lovely with you by now but i will try to explain things again."

So it means that people need to be lovely in General Discussion but not in Suggestions? Mhm...

"1-You are not the only one that made a thead about XP, but is one of the things that come up in the Steam discussions too."

Yeah, i know this but when you're talking about things like these exactly when you have a discussion about this with me then i have a good reason to think you're talking about me. I think that at that point you just want to "defend" yourself or something. And this don't change my point - you can't change it even using sandbox.

"2-I am talking about suggestions that people make, again not quoting you especially, but as a whole i seen many times this type of discussions throughout the TIS forum or Steam forums where people are really stubborn with their ideas that they want to FORCE into the game for X reason."

For me every suggestion created is just a suggestion and all points - regardles of how they're being speak of - are just personal opinions and suggestions.  That someone don't add "in my opinion" thing doesn't mean that this isn't only his opinion and this is only a suggestion. If they're making X reasons that's because they want to explain some things and they hope that people will understand/agree with their points (but like we all know most people ((also me)) likes to stick to their own statement "to the end"). This may be get as "forcing", but (mostly) it really isn't. Actually i think that point of discussion is to kinda force someone to at least understand and then maybe agree with your point. You stop "forcing" when you know that X person will not agree with you anyway.

Like i said before, maybe i can come off as rude but is just because my English has its limits.

And i said the XP part because we are speaking about it, its the first thing that came to my mind along side the other suggestions people make about the XP system, where either they want to be faster, less grind or become a jack of all trades with no restrictions.

When i say FORCE is that you can explain that a dev just doesn't want that in the game feature or whatever he is suggesting in the game, and they will fight oh they will and keep arguing about the same opinion over and over even against all odds to get their feature in the game. I respect others opinions and for me i love hearing from all points of view of a topic, but if say something as a fact without the sources or without a backup statement and still are going against the odds of something already established, well then is when you are trying to force the opinion to be a fact, at-least when i go against a suggestion i try to explain either how it has been confirmed as a no or why it doesn't work in the theme the game is going for.

Archived