Mondoid on carsdoid, pleasedoid?

bumblemore

Just wondering if there was anywhere I could view the progress of the implementation of vehicles into the gamedoid, maybe some sort of changedoid? Thanksdoid.

There is an old mondoid where you can dig up ( and even see a model ) of one of the vehicles they planned to implement.

Map Streaming is the issue holding it back as Zorak says, especially on multiplayer. You can already run into issues with level 5 Sprinting. Now imagine that times 5+ when your zooming around in a car.

What do you guys think the solution is to the map streaming? I am no dev, just curious if anyone has any thoughts on how they could solve the issue.

Im not a programmer but was thinking about loading map from our PC and only download changes from serwer (like player build stuff, loot etc) + zombies.

What do you guys think the solution is to the map streaming? I am no dev, just curious if anyone has any thoughts on how they could solve the issue.

I suspect an inverse variable using a sympathetic resisnence frequency with a quantum logic gate and a polarised shader stream

That would be my guess, but I could be wrong.

I suspect an inverse variable using a sympathetic resisnence frequency with a quantum logic gate and a polarised shader stream

Well aside from the OBVIOUS fix that Sadeyx has stated, does anyone have any other ideas?

The map streaming is (to my understanding) a major limiting factor in this game for the vehicle issue as well as horde migration. I sometimes play MP with players who have a hard time loading new map cells (mostly because their rig is sub-par) and that hinders our ability to play together.

I get the desire to keep the demands of our rigs down by not loading the cell since having the map cells loaded and all the zombies associated with that would be crazy demanding, but finding a solution would improve gameplay IMO.

I was hoping our super smart, super helpful community could help brainstorm some ideas.

Im not a programmer but was thinking about loading map from our PC and only download changes from serwer (like player build stuff, loot etc) + zombies.

My best guess why they do not do this is because it can be lead to a rise in hackers ruining MP. I have played a number of other games that do it this way and it apparently makes it a lot easier for hackers to exploit the game. Maybe there is a way to balance it like Zorak said, where only the static items are loaded (tiles, etc) and the dynamic items (player builds, loot, and zombies) come from the server. I would wager that this would cut down on lag too? I'm not sure.

If they would just use quantum entanglement between the server and the client, I guess that would solve it :)

Well aside from the OBVIOUS fix that Sadeyx has stated, does anyone have any other ideas?

It's not quite as easy as just tossing ideas around. Although Sadeyx's fix is the most logical I've read yet!

Almost every map/terrain streaming system is unique in how it works, what data is has available locally, and what it needs to fetch and how much/often.

Perhaps if TIS were using a generalised standard library for their terrain (which they're not) then we could theorise likely improvements, but inherently any generalised solution is also never the optimal method for a given situation.

Optimisation would require a fairly intimate knowledge of what already exists, and the external dependencies on all facets of the existing solution - something not many (if any) of the community have.

TLDR; You can't easily optimise a custom solution without an intimate knowledge of that system, and to use a generic system (which could be community-enhanced) would result in considerable loss of performance.

It's like asking for tips on how to tend to your roses properly, but applying that advice to your seaweed farm - it just doesn't work.

It's not quite as easy as just tossing ideas around. Although Sadeyx's fix is the most logical I've read yet!

Almost every map/terrain streaming system is unique in how it works, what data is has available locally, and what it needs to fetch and how much/often.

Perhaps if TIS were using a generalised standard library for their terrain (which they're not) then we could theorise likely improvements, but inherently any generalised solution is also never the optimal method for a given situation.

Optimisation would require a fairly intimate knowledge of what already exists, and the external dependencies on all facets of the existing solution - something not many (if any) of the community have.

TLDR; You can't easily optimise a custom solution without an intimate knowledge of that system, and to use a generic system (which could be community-enhanced) would result in considerable loss of performance.

It's like asking for tips on how to tend to your roses properly, but applying that advice to your seaweed farm - it just doesn't work.

Nobody said it was easy. Also I doubt anyone on this thread feels like they intimately know exactly how the system works.

What I do know is that, for the most part, this is an extremely positive and helpful community that has been built around this game. Most of the members are passionate about the game, especially those that are here vocally on the forums. I suspect that many of the members will do whatever they can, within reason, to help make this game as successful as possible. I also know that there are a number of very intelligent programers and modders here on these forums that TIS has at times gotten inspiration from. Heck, they've even hired them.

Yeah, maybe we won't come up with the exact answer, but just maybe by discussing it we just might spark the idea that helps TIS solve this issue. Here's to trying anyways...

Nobody said it was easy. Also I doubt anyone on this thread feels like they intimately know exactly how the system works.

Exactly my point.

As a game dev myself, I can appreciate your enthusiasm toward 'finding a better solution' to the map streaming, but it's like advising a mechanic that he should put a V12 in your mini - it sounds like a clever performance enhancing scheme, but it's far from practical.

Some things are best left to the experts, or at least those who know and have experience tinkering with your 'make and model' of car. As you say, I'm not sure anyone posting in this thread has the prerequisites to give any useful insight into map streaming in PZ.

Exactly my point.

As a game dev myself, I can appreciate your enthusiasm toward 'finding a better solution' to the map streaming, but it's like advising a mechanic that he should put a V12 in your mini - it sounds like a clever performance enhancing scheme, but it's far from practical.

Some things are best left to the experts, or at least those who know and have experience tinkering with your 'make and model' of car. As you say, I'm not sure anyone posting in this thread has the prerequisites to give any useful insight into map streaming in PZ.

I wish there was a sad fog horn sound that I could play to describe how depressing you are in this thread.

edit: actually didn't take long to find one:

Archived