ios well pe version

Tsukune117

hello guys im Tsukune Aono and here is my idea of the day

youtube: Ksic Games

Twitter: #KsicGames

facebook: Tsukune Aono

Twitch: Ksic GAMeZ

okay so quick and simple idea today. why don't we make this game compatibly for ios devices and please don't make yourself sound stupid by talking about the frames, computer processing unit and random access memory not being able to handle it. Just tweak some things and the game will run as expected.

this will get a lot of consumers quickly seeing that over 500 million people download apps off the app store daily (i'm exaggerating) and it opens the game up to so many people.

to be honest the game does feel like an ios game. look what mine craft, terreria and the walking dead did (yes i know the walking dead was a faliure on ios). when mine craft was released on ios around 120% of the mine craft consumers bought it. just imagine PZ for that, and to be honest i would find it kind of fun and cute to be playing it through my 5s.

i understand if comments are very defensive to the game. im alright with that so thanks for reading my post and comment away.

you doubt to much fry. didnt your......*three years later* great, great, great, great grandson tell you that nothing is impossibal unless its chucky cheese error.

but your right with the controls. i do believe key mapping would have to be changed DRAMATICALLY. 

It would probably be complicated to transfer it from PC to Mobile.  Also, The controls would probably be difficult to translate from Key+mouse to touch screen. It would be a neat idea, but I doubt it will happen.

you doubt to much fry. didnt your......*three years later* great, great, great, great grandson tell you that nothing is impossibal unless its chucky cheese error.

but your right with the controls. i do believe key mapping would have to be changed DRAMATICALLY.

Extremely unlikely to happen, especially with the Java support on iOS not being very stellar.. Also,

please don't make yourself sound stupid by talking about the frames, computer processing unit and random access memory not being able to handle it. Just tweak some things and the game will run as expected.

indicates you may not have much knowledge about software development. Making statements like the one above does actually not support your argument.

well it um, supports my confidence? awkward silence. yes i get it shu

Extremely unlikely to happen, especially with the Java support on iOS not being very stellar.. Also,

please don't make yourself sound stupid by talking about the frames, computer processing unit and random access memory not being able to handle it. Just tweak some things and the game will run as expected.

indicates you may not have much knowledge about software development. Making statements like the one above does actually not support your argument.

I love you all, because you are great people.

Edited for lovelyness

Uh... so uh.. wat.

To answer your question, being confident is a terrible idea in this case, especially in indie development. For one, the lua interpreter is not included within the Android OS or iOS. Secondly, outside of lua, it would take WAY too long to port this project. We're talking a total rewrite here, do you do Computer Science? Have you written an iOS or Android game before? Or a general game in java and opengl? I'm curious since you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.

EDIT: Also, with your "when mine craft was released on ios around 120% of the mine craft consumers bought it" comment, is very. VERY. Wrong.

The forums aren't really here for supporting your confidence, but for discussing PZ and in the case of this subforum, suggestions relating to the game. One of which you made, and welcomed comments on. That is what you're getting.

The impracticality of running a CPU-heavy game on a mobile device roughly comparable to netbook class PCs aside, getting it to run in the first place would be challenging. Last I checked there's no JVM implementation with full Java class libs in existence for iOS, or iOS versions of the libraries PZ uses, such as RakNet.

For one, the lua interpreter is not included within the Android OS or iOS

This is actually one of the few things that wouldn't be an issue. The Lua implementation PZ uses (Kahlua2) is 100% Java, so if you could run Java in the first place (of course including the Java libs), you'd get the Lua side of PZ things along with it.

That is why I said 

if you could run Java in the first place (of course including the Java libs)

:)

I'm not even sure if the version of Kahlua used in PZ would run on Android, it's unclear whether the full interpreter works with Android's Java implementation, or just a stripped down version.

... I read the first line and I had to hold myself back from the keyboard. 

Right. I've calmed down. Reasonable time to reply calmly-- wait no, it's still there. That first paragraph? No, don't say that. It doesn't sound good, and it's always more complex than you might think. Porting a game isn't as simple as you appear to think it is. Don't assume that because another game did, this one will. 

Zomboid wouldn't work very well in tablet form, I think. I say that after coming back from beta testing a few iOS tablet games, and let me tell you, coming up with a decent control scheme for touch screen isn't as easy as you think. I doubt a virtual joystick and point and click would work so well. 

That said, if a decent control scheme was conceptualized and made, then I have no doubt PZ would be successful on tablet. I'd buy it, anyway. 

Minecraft was ported by a different company than Mojang, last I recall. Which likely means substantial sums of money were paid to port it.

okay so quick and simple idea today. why don't we make this game compatibly for ios devices and please don't make yourself sound stupid by talking about the frames, computer processing unit and random access memory not being able to handle it. Just tweak some things and the game will run as expected.

Like as not, simply telling people not talk about an objection to your idea isn't the same as addressing the objection prior to it being made.

The game is CPU hungry (frames); the processing unit doesn't matter  in of itself; and the game requires already a minimum of ~500 MB of RAM (and will continue to grow as more is added to it). It is, however, not as simple as "tweaking some things and the game will run as expected," as others have pointed out.

Now, mind, the game will run on something like Microsoft's Surface Pro 2, so it certainly can be run on a tablet form factor. But can it exist in a locked down little world (iOS) where even Java is a forbidden word and no interface other than fat fingers exists? Probably not at this time.

hello guys im Tsukune Aono and here is my idea of the day
youtube: Ksic Games
Twitter: #KsicGames
facebook: Tsukune Aono
Twitch: Ksic GAMeZ

Finally, prefacing your post with all of your contact information makes it look like an advertisement. I'd hate to mistake your post for spam in the future.

Uh... so uh.. wat.

To answer your question, being confident is a terrible idea in this case, especially in indie development. For one, the lua interpreter is not included within the Android OS or iOS. Secondly, outside of lua, it would take WAY too long to port this project. We're talking a total rewrite here, do you do Computer Science? Have you written an iOS or Android game before? Or a general game in java and opengl? I'm curious since you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.

EDIT: Also, with your "when mine craft was released on ios around 120% of the mine craft consumers bought it" comment, is very. VERY. Wrong.

wow, we got ourselves a badass over here.

Uh... so uh.. wat.

To answer your question, being confident is a terrible idea in this case, especially in indie development. For one, the lua interpreter is not included within the Android OS or iOS. Secondly, outside of lua, it would take WAY too long to port this project. We're talking a total rewrite here, do you do Computer Science? Have you written an iOS or Android game before? Or a general game in java and opengl? I'm curious since you seem to have no idea what you're talking about.

wow, we got ourselves a badass over here.

If you can't quit with the attitude, someone will make you. 

Starting a discussion and then shooting people down when they try to explain to you why they believe your suggestion is unlikely is making a longer stay in this community also unlikely.

You've ruined your own thread. If you continue to ruin others as well, you will be gone in no time.

Deleted unnecessary tags from your thread, too.