Trying to know more people and learn stuff about everyone.

The Doctor

Hi! I am The Doctor and i am kinda new to the forums it seems like a pretty cool place with a very stable community that i would like to be apart of. So i made this so people can introduce themsleves and maybe learn a thing or two about each other. Sooooo ya.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I am Viceroy, grammar nazi, so let me just point out the most pressing concern I have currently. I was having a happy day, a lovely one with sunshine and lavender in the garden until something horrible befell me. My heart broke in a single moment as I read: "I would like to be apart of"...

My dear Doctor why would you like to be 'apart of (from) us'? Or do you mean to be 'a part of' us? Please write back with haste as this is troubling me, surely I will not be able to rest without knowing the solution to this debacle.

On a more serious note: Themsleves is not a word. ;p

On a far more serious note: Welcome to the forum! Just having some fun with you, don't worry we (the grammar nazi party) won't always be so livid concerning proper spelling and grammar, just thought I'd take the moment to use it as a live illustration of my own personality. Kind regards and enjoy your stay.

Also don't forget to express your totally unbiased opinion and vote pancakes waffles or die in hellfire. :)
http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/104-pancakes-vs-waffles/

EDIT: The subterfuge of the Waffle Nation shall never prevail over the Pancake Alliance!!!

I'm SJane, I'm a former EMT/current 911 dispatcher.  I have been obsessed with zombies since seeing the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead when I was 6.  I'm a big fan of "ur mom" jokes, and I also have a super power:  I'm able to take any sentence and turn it into an innuendo or make it inappropriate in some way.

Agreed about the community here.  With one or two exceptions I've never really seen the condescending douchebaggery that you end up with in a lot of gaming forums these days.  This reminds me a lot of the old days of UO, where everyone was cool and helpful (right before logging in and killing the crap out of each other).

EDIT:
LONG LIVE THE WAFFLE, KING OF ALL FOODS

Also don't forget to express your totally unbiased opinion and vote pancakes waffles or die in hellfire. :)

Fixed that for you, Viceroy. :D;)

Corruption!

'Oy, I'm a German born dual citizen of the United States and Spain, whose families hail from both Spain and Puerto Rico! So, in other words, I'm a dirty mutt. Besides being a mutt, I'm an avid fan and supporter of pan cakes, especially when you put bits of fruit inside of them. I bet no one here has had pancakes with apple chunks mixed in with the batter or else this whole Pancake v Waffle debate wouldn't exist.

I coach soccer and teach so as of right now I'm on my summer vacation, wahoo! I enjoy reading, writing, playing video games, sports, watching sports, watching comedy/stand up, and all sorts of other things. I like and love people. Ironically, for me it's easy to feel alienated in the US, and even though I have a ton of friends from going to school here, generally they're content with abiding by the status quo instead of pointing out all the atrocities that occur due to the status quo being what it is . . . . At parties, no one wants to talk about injustice.

I like to get "political" because everything in our lives is affected by politics, whether we choose to acknowledge it or not. I like going to these forums because people are open minded to conversation which is something I appreciate. I dislike artificiality and meaningless or forced conversations. I like it when people are brave and open with themselves; I like it when people acknowledge both their weaknesses as well as their strengths. I appreciate it the most when people can laugh at themselves and create humor from serious matters, as long as it's honest and poignant, and not mean spirited.

I'm k12314, a mentally ill American teenager who is currently between jobs. There's not much to me, really. I'm very dull asides from, well, mental illness and my passion for video games that is borderline obsession.

Howdy Doc, Welcome to the circus forums!

I am a fan of horror novels (SK 4ever!) and horror movies.  I became zombie addicted after watching the original B&W NOTLD when I was very young.  I like to listen to 80's electronic and hardcore rap while whacking zombies with a fire axe.  I am a product of my childhood in the 80's and early 90's, laid back, and easy to get along with.  I like to help people when I can, and I am always looking for chill people to bullshit with on forums (just like this one!)

Perhaps we will run into each other sometime in-game, but beware! The rap has really damaged my morality, and the 80's electropop has damaged my good sense! :D

Hello, I'm Kidlonewolf, father of a healthy month young boy. I like to think I'm a local electrical contractor and also attempt in taking on welding school during my spare time (I don't have much). Also, I'm a slayer and survivor of many zombies.  (clyde)

PB here. I like computers and games and the two seem to go well together so that's neat. Currently going to college and working so I haven't been able to play much lately but since its summer I'm finding the time. I also like to draw stuff sometimes.

Hey I am Viceroy, grammar nazi, so let me just point out the most pressing concern I have currently. I was having a happy day, a lovely one with sunshine and lavender in the garden until something horrible befell me. My heart broke in a single moment as I read: "I would like to be apart of"...

My dear Doctor why would you like to be 'apart of (from) us'? Or do you mean to be 'a part of' us? Please write back with haste as this is troubling me, surely I will not be able to rest without knowing the solution to this debacle.

On a more serious note: Themsleves is not a word. ;p

On a far more serious note: Welcome to the forum! Just having some fun with you, don't worry we (the grammar nazi party) won't always be so livid concerning proper spelling and grammar, just thought I'd take the moment to use it as a live illustration of my own personality. Kind regards and enjoy your stay.

EDIT: The subterfuge of the Waffle Nation shall never prevail over the Pancake Alliance!!!

i voted waffles >:D

I'm SJane, I'm a former EMT/current 911 dispatcher.  I have been obsessed with zombies since seeing the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead when I was 6.  I'm a big fan of "ur mom" jokes, and I also have a super power:  I'm able to take any sentence and turn it into an innuendo or make it inappropriate in some way.

Agreed about the community here.  With one or two exceptions I've never really seen the condescending douchebaggery that you end up with in a lot of gaming forums these days.  This reminds me a lot of the old days of UO, where everyone was cool and helpful (right before logging in and killing the crap out of each other).

EDIT:

LONG LIVE THE WAFFLE, KING OF ALL FOOD

Ya I have been on other forums and it seems like this is the most connected one I've been on! Also long live waffles!

(Notice how I made sure to get all grammar and punctuation right? Damn Grammar Nazi's.)

Howdy Doc, Welcome to the circus forums!

I am a fan of horror novels (SK 4ever!) and horror movies.  I became zombie addicted after watching the original B&W NOTLD when I was very young.  I like to listen to 80's electronic and hardcore rap while whacking zombies with a fire axe.  I am a product of my childhood in the 80's and early 90's, laid back, and easy to get along with.  I like to help people when I can, and I am always looking for chill people to bullshit with on forums (just like this one!)

Perhaps we will run into each other sometime in-game, but beware! The rap has really damaged my morality, and the 80's electropop has damaged my good sense! :D

Somehow I think I don't want to run into you  :D. Just kidding! (But please get help.)<--- Also just kidding

(Notice how I made sure to get all grammar and punctuation right? Damn Grammar Nazi's.)

Close, but that apostrophe shouldn't be there :D ("Na'zi's" would also technically be valid, if unconventional)

Your mean  :cry:

Chaotix here, diagnosed social introvert with Asperger. I'm a chemistry student, with interests in mainly science and video games. I'm also sort of a sponge for knowledge. But beyond that I am not that interesting.

What science are you interested in?

Hello, I'm Kidlonewolf, father of a healthy month young boy. I like to think I'm a local electrical contractor and also attempt in taking on welding school during my spare time (I don't have much). Also, I'm a slayer and survivor of many zombies.  (clyde)

All slayers of zombies are welcome in my book!

SJane, there's something I've wondered about for a long time regarding the emergency number. Did they change it to 911 post 9/11 or was it a case of a carefully dated attack from the terrorists?(yeah, sometimes the smallest things get me to thinking)

Your mean  :cry:

You're*

I swear, i might take back what i said about this forum -_-

PB here. I like computers and games and the two seem to go well together so that's neat. Currently going to college and working so I haven't been able to play much lately but since its summer I'm finding the time. I also like to draw stuff sometimes.

What are you studying in college? Also nice to meet you!

SJane, there's something I've wondered about for a long time regarding the emergency number. Did they change it to 911 post 9/11 or was it a case of a carefully dated attack from the terrorists?(yeah, sometimes the smallest things get me to thinking)

Neither, I think.  9-1-1 as an emergency number has been around since the late '60s, and I think the date the terrorists picked had nothing to do with it.

Fun fact though:  In most countries you can dial 999, 911 or 000 and get emergency services.  In EU countries and using some US phone service providers, you can also dial 112.  What does all of this mean?  We get a f'n LOT of pocket dials lol.

Chaotix here, diagnosed social introvert with Asperger. I'm a chemistry student, with interests in mainly science and video games. I'm also sort of a sponge for knowledge. But beyond that I am not that interesting.

My interest doesn't fall into a particular type of science. Chemistry, physics, and to a certain extent biology, they all are interesting in their own ways.

I've always wanted to know why in the US they insist on MM/DD/YYYY instead of the clearly more logical DD/MM/YYYY

You wouldn't do times in minutes:seconds:hours now would you? No, because that would be silly - much more sensible to use ascending or descending order.

See also: Ground floor as floor 1 instead of floor 1 being the first floor off the ground. Madness.

I've always wanted to know why in the US they insist on MM/DD/YYYY instead of the clearly more logical DD/MM/YYYY

You wouldn't do times in minutes:seconds:hours now would you? No, because that would be silly - much more sensible to use ascending or descending order.

See also: Ground floor as floor 1 instead of floor 1 being the first floor off the ground. Madness.

We also have the feet inches and yards that only we use :D

This falls under the common divider also called why imperial, why? I mean what is more sensible 100 centimeter being 1 meter or 12 inches being a foot?

My interest doesn't fall into a particular type of science. Chemistry, physics, and to a certain extent biology, they all are interesting in their own ways.

Cool! 

Archived