[Hardcore roleplay Server][Includes latest Bedford version] Picking up the Pieces [NO LONGER ONLINE]

FoxalypticWorld

Eh, not that big of a fan of the sprinters but I guess it doesn't really matter all that much.

They're more challenging now, we're they superhuman/tough already or is this new too? (Didn't play here some short time ago)

Not a fan of the sprinters.

Lag, mixed with the sprinters.

Mix that with the fact that all nearby useful weapons at the spawn points have already been taken.

You have to fight the super-speed and super-strong lag aided zombies with a frying pan.

Can you imagine seeing a horde of sprinters running at you and how much lag, not to mention how impossible it would be to get out of that would be? Like what "TenSaidYes" said, I really hope that the sprinters don't stay. Not only is it laggy but... well it may just be my personal preference but sprinter zombies are just not fun. Especially when they are mixed with the superhuman/tough traits, it just wouldn't be very fun but as I said, that is my personal preference. I understand that the zombies before were relatively easy to take down but I mean in all reality, the zombies were not really the main focus of the game, multiplayer at least. It was about meetings new players and building communities, etc... I would be okay with keeping the superhuman/tough traits, I just don't want to keep the sprinters. Remember, something being more challenging doesn't always make it better.  

I was willing to overlook the fact that the Superhuman and Super Tough zombies stayed, even despite the lore of the server changing and erasing the very 'cure-based' lore which created them. It made the zombies a little less pathetic, which I definitely understood some people want. But of course, those griefers just started using the hordes chasing them as a weapon. So now we still end up with thousands of super-strong, super-tough zombies bashing their way through our homes and being a general pain in the ass to kill... despite it only being three months into the apocalypse and all.

I can get past that. It's not the playstyle I would choose myself... I prefer weak, pathetic zombies in huge numbers that move slow enough for me to out-walk.

But one thing I cannot get past is RUNNING zombies on a laggy server with superhuman strength and being tough enough to survive a direct blast from a shotgun. That's not fun... it's needlessly further 'gamifying' a server which is supposed to be based on realism and roleplaying. So let me be very blunt about this matter because I've been waiting a long while for the server to come back now and I'm a bit frustrated:

If the sprinters stay, I don't.

I'm pretty sure this is some kind of bug, even when you set the zombies to the max speed in game they can't be that fast. Since all the mods on server are ''buggy'' it might cause some sort of random bug. as the zombies run faster then you its pretty impossible to get out of a situation where you pull more then 4-5 of them making it really difficult to play, So yes if its not a bug please make the zombies a little slower.

P.S: Stop overreacting a little bit.

I'm pretty sure this is some kind of bug, even when you set the zombies to the max speed in game they can't be that fast. Since all the mods on server are ''buggy'' it might cause some sort of random bug. as the zombies run faster then you its pretty impossible to get out of a situation where you pull more then 4-5 of them making it really difficult to play, So yes if its not a bug please make the zombies a little slower.

I would very much like this to be true, but even if it's not... the link to the 'world info' page on the server's guildportal site indicated the zombies are set to be 'sprinting'.

I was willing to overlook the fact that the Superhuman and Super Tough zombies stayed, even despite the lore of the server changing and erasing the very 'cure-based' lore which created them. It made the zombies a little less pathetic, which I definitely understood some people want. But of course, those griefers just started using the hordes chasing them as a weapon. So now we still end up with thousands of super-strong, super-tough zombies bashing their way through our homes and being a general pain in the ass to kill... despite it only being three months into the apocalypse and all.

I can get past that. It's not the playstyle I would choose myself... I prefer weak, pathetic zombies in huge numbers that move slow enough for me to out-walk.

But one thing I cannot get past is RUNNING zombies on a laggy server with superhuman strength and being tough enough to survive a direct blast from a shotgun. That's not fun... it's needlessly further 'gamifying' a server which is supposed to be based on realism and roleplaying. So let me be very blunt about this matter because I've been waiting a long while for the server to come back now and I'm a bit frustrated:

I agree completely with you, I myself is frustrated at this. I've been waiting for this to come back up and, having sprinter zombies is a big game changer. I've been with this server since the very start as well, when there we maybe four, six max people on. Also this isn't some big thing like the server being shut down that requires a lot of time and energy into fixing, that I can be patient with. But this? It feels like it must have been some sort of mistake. This doesn't require a whole lot of fixing, just a click and done. So I am frustrated and I won't leave the server, it just detracts from the experience a TON when you really think about it, having sprinter zombies that is. Like I said in my previous post, this isn't about the zombies ironically because this is a zombie game. This is about people, choices they make, building communities, love, lost, betrayal, (Okay maybe not the third to last one) but you get the point. I do agree that they should pose a threat, but not that big of a threat that they can't be managed. Also it would be laggy as #&%@, as I stated earlier.

The superhuman/tough traits are okay and i like them, however i think the speed should be fast shamblers, sprinters are impossible to play because they can hear you and smell you, so they pinpoint your ass and they wont stop unitl you need to breath and then they kill you.

I seen people ran out of stamina and just flat out die, no chance to fight back, fast shamblers+superhuman+tough traits are the way to go in my opinion.

Zombies would be stronger at first and weaker as time went on due to decay. So the time line with that would make little sense to make them stronger as time went on.

We'll be looking for a better Techie, not in Germany. So that should help. 

Will Bedford be back at anypoint or should I remake my character and go wp?

It will be back but unfortunately no eta so if you wanna play - remake your character in wp

We want to make sure everything is running as it should before releasing and potentially breaking the server again.