[Hardcore roleplay Server][Includes latest Bedford version] Picking up the Pieces [NO LONGER ONLINE]

FoxalypticWorld

You know what I would like to see happen is that when time progresses into the years category, the zombies start getting weaker, and start to starve/decay. Perhaps if the timeline of the server stretches to 10/20 Years+, we could get rid of the zombies because all of them would have succumb to starvation or outright death. (All this would be due to the fact there is a lack of humans around to eat and the remaining would have to hold off long enough for this to happen). I think that would be a pretty neat and interesting addition. Also maybe just because I am a Walking Dead nut, I would like to see that everyone is infected but that doesn't really matter much. 

You know what I would like to see happen is that when time progresses into the years category, the zombies start getting weaker, and start to starve/decay. Perhaps if the timeline of the server stretches to 10/20 Years+, we could get rid of the zombies because all of them would have succumb to starvation or outright death. (All this would be due to the fact there is a lack of humans around to eat and the remaining would have to hold off long enough for this to happen). I think that would be a pretty neat and interesting addition. Also maybe just because I am a Walking Dead nut, I would like to see that everyone is infected but that doesn't really matter much. 

Right now the game dosent hold a whole lot to do, multiplayer gets boring fast because people outright kill the zombies in the servers and there are not meta events like migrations, i like this server because they reset it each day, decay maybe but removing the zombies? In a zombie game? Why would you do that?

I would say look at TLOU, but they have an evolution, here they dont, so look at Land of the dead, they dont decay that fast from the looks of it, and the devs take some lore from the Romero movies.

Right now the game dosent hold a whole lot to do, multiplayer gets boring fast because people outright kill the zombies in the servers and there are not meta events like migrations, i like this server because they reset it each day, decay maybe but removing the zombies? In a zombie game? Why would you do that?

I would say look at TLOU, but they have an evolution, here they dont, so look at Land of the dead, they dont decay that fast from the looks of it, and the devs take some lore from the Romero movies.

Okay, maybe not get rid of them all together. But after a certain amount of years, they should decay. I mean I am not exactly sure what the lore is for it, either if it is evolution or decay but it's just a thought.

I'm proud to announce - Bedford Falls is now up and running on Picking up the Pieces (again)...

Bedford Falls - Download

Installation of Bedford Falls:

1. unzip BedfordFallsV2.zip
  2. copy the "media" Folder from within to ..Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\
  3. you should overwrite a Folder and a few Files (then you're copying it to the right place)
  4. Have fun

There was no hard reset, so everything is still the same - you can now additionally spawn in Bedford Falls.

On a clean PZ install there should be no problem with LuaChecksum errors

I'm proud to announce - Bedford Falls is now up and running on Picking up the Pieces (again)...

Bedford Falls - Download

Installation of Bedford Falls:

1. unzip BedfordFallsV2.zip
  2. copy the "media" Folder from within to ..Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\
  3. you should overwrite a Folder and a few Files (then you're copying it to the right place)
  4. Have fun

There was no hard reset, so everything is still the same - you can now additionally spawn in Bedford Falls.

On a clean PZ install there should be no problem with LuaChecksum errors

Awesome!

New group of loosely organized survivors in WestPoint City.

We have plenty of food, large stockpiles of everything else and a Safehouse with enough space for several others.

We provide shelter and access to our stockpiles for work within the shelter.

Strength through unity.

Unity through faith.

James Davis (ingame character)

The server is working fine from my view and a few others.

Make sure you have the most recent PZ version.

Then make sure Only bedford is installed at the moment.

Then, perhaps you may have to make a new character, have you tried that?

Somewhere soon we will need to make a hard - reset in order to properly run ApCom Mod (walkie-talkie & radio broadcast mod) and a Full working Bedford (maybe some of you already saw those blank plains in middle of Bedford here and there)

To continue with your character, grab everything you need on him and copy the map_p.bin within /Zomboid/Multiplayer/IP_CHARACTERNAME/map_p.bin

After hard reset and joining again you can overwrite that file with your saved character.

There will be a post BEFORE we hard reset, this is just an announcement to prepare all of you.

Somewhere soon we will need to make a hard - reset in order to properly run ApCom Mod (walkie-talkie & radio broadcast mod) and a Full working Bedford (maybe some of you already saw those blank plains in middle of Bedford here and there)

To continue with your character, grab everything you need on him and copy the map_p.bin within /Zomboid/Multiplayer/IP_CHARACTERNAME/map_p.bin

After hard reset and joining again you can overwrite that file with your saved character.

There will be a post BEFORE we hard reset, this is just an announcement to prepare all of you.

Cool.

Anyone had problem joining the server today? for some reason i just get a black screen when trying to join, but I'm okay to join other servers. Just wanted to know if its my computer the problem or its just down? thanks

I've had no problems joining, though I know some people are getting the lua error problem, that would be the fault of your own directory. 

Okay, maybe not get rid of them all together. But after a certain amount of years, they should decay. I mean I am not exactly sure what the lore is for it, either if it is evolution or decay but it's just a thought.

This is actually something I've thought long and hard about. I'm not opposed to the idea of making the zombies weaker as time goes on or getting rid of them, persay... 

Here's the problem, as Blasted said there isn't a lot to do in the game besides worry about zombies, plus, it IS- a zombie game and that's what people are playing for (myself included). On the other hand, I am a stickler for IC timelines and immersion. A few things would need to happen for this to truly be considered: 

One: Our event system would really need to take off, and I'd have to have more help with it when it did. This would bring more to do, while at the same time adding other elements.

Two: Besides just events we'd need to implement more things to do, whether through the game itself or mods.

Three: We'd have to be able to get that far in the timeline. I've thought a lot on my off time what this servers zombies were like, our own little personal lore. I realize, I'm not sure if with this new IC resent I made it clear why the Undead were as strong as they were (I might add onto this with storyline events).

Until then, this problem very well may be approached with our storyline quests. Maybe. I haven't decided yet. A debate in the forums on this actually appeals to me. I might just make one now if it hasn't already been made.

Since we're on the topic of zombies, I'll make a forum post about those too.

I'd prefer to see them evolve and grow stronger. I think "decay" would take too long and make things too easy. Either you'd have to make them decay very quick, or be realistic and make it take several in-game years, either way of which wouldn't be too fun, IMO. I'd prefer to see their virus rapidly mutate, rather than die off.

Zombies should not be impervious to the laws of nature. Nature dictates that any living organism will begin to decompose upon its death. As zombies are dead outside of very limited and basic brain and motor function- they should be susceptible to the natural process of decompostion. The climate should also effect their decomposition as well. Since Kentucky has a very hot climate, the sun would literally bake you if you stay out in the sun to long. I am definitely not saying we should get rid of zombies, although I am not against it, after a certain number of years their numbers should decrease significantly.

A few threads worth looking at that I just uploaded.

Optimizing Zombies on the Server

The Whole Zombie Decay issue

More info on the idea of Events

A place to suggest events you'd like and give some feedback

Go ahead and voice your opinions guys. I warn, some of the polls are for members and higher, though applicants should still be able to voice their opinions with a post.

Cannot Connect is the server down?

The server is back up now. Aru took care of it.

Maybe the "Max Brooks - zombie survival guide" (good lecture!!!) Zombie would be fair and good for us.

He reasoned it pretty good so anything about his zombies would at least make sense

I have surprisingly never read that book ;P

Alrighty folks, hard reset coming. Don't forget to save your characters, and remember that even after the hard reset is done you can STILL save your character before you log back on.

If this works to fix the problems we've been having I'll start with the storyline event(s).

We will NOT be incorporating the Apcon mod this go. That will be added i the future (likely not soon). 

Maybe the "Max Brooks - zombie survival guide" (good lecture!!!) Zombie would be fair and good for us.

He reasoned it pretty good so anything about his zombies would at least make sense

I have surprisingly never read that book ;P

Alrighty folks, hard reset coming. Don't forget to save your characters, and remember that even after the hard reset is done you can STILL save your character before you log back on.

If this works to fix the problems we've been having I'll start with the storyline event(s).

We will NOT be incorporating the Apcon mod this go. That will be added i the future (likely not soon). 

You should read it, great book. You should also read it along with World War Z.