Possible endings

H_Bomb

Listen to this for a good beat while reading: 

Possible ending: Evil: Breach the quarantine, and release the zombie outbreak upon the world and make muldraugh limited, with guarded walls that shoot anything, man or Corpse, If you can kill the guards and blow down the wall, (With C4 found in a military base, It will make the world map 50 times bigger, so big you would die of starvation or pass out before you reached the edge, This will make you the most evil Human in all history.

Possible ending Two: Good: Transport the active 5 megaton nuclear warhead on it's truck to the center of muldraugh, And detonate it, It will kill you and all the zombies, you die a hero and have saved the world, It simply says " Thank you for your sacrifice." And you see a cutscene of the army then clearing all of the charred zombies.

Possible ending Three: Neutral: Survive until the army clears out the zombies, they think you are a zombie, or believe you a carrier, and shoot you in the brain stem.You died a nobody, This only happens if  you activate the sirens at the military base and lure all the zombies in the city to you.

What do you think?

this is a good idea however the devs did state that they don't want the game to have an ending... the point of this game is to see how long you survive and record your adventures with your friends, not beat the game. good idea though

this is a good idea however the devs did state that they don't want the game to have an ending... the point of this game is to see how long you survive and record your adventures with your friends, not beat the game. good idea though

I said these are optional, besides you would die of old age if you lived too long anyway so...

The ending must be done in a certain way in order to activate them, you have to voluntarily do any of this or it will never occur.

I was thinking like the mine craft ending, you don't HAVE to do it.

Every game needs an end, story mode should have these, sandbox, not so much.
There should be custom music, i hate the current, we should be able to put our dubstep in it to Feel bad ass while slaying corpses.

Every game needs an end, story mode should have these, sandbox, not so much.

There should be custom music, i hate the current, we should be able to put our dubstep in it to Feel bad ass while slaying corpses.

I don't think every game needs an end... actually I'm glad that PZ doesn't have a forced end (which I probably wouldn't be satisfied with anyway).

You already can change the music very easily. All you have to do is convert it to .ogg format and replace the original music files. I've already slayed many zombies while listening to the one and only Johnny Cash.

... OR you could just mute the ingame music and open your mp3 player on your PC ;)

I've always thought that being able to have story arcs that you can access and culminate in a cool scripted sequence with tons of loot would be a good thing (i.e find a radio on a dead squaddie blaring out an SOS that leads to a military armoury with a shit ton of zombies and a crazed survivor which once cleared out gives you the automatic grenade launching minicannon tank or something like that)

But I dont agree with endings, I think that the only ending should be "YOU DIED"

I agree with everyone else. The big appeal of PZ is that it doesn't have an ending asides from when you finally kick the bucket because you fucked up in some way. Whether it be you had to dive out a window to run from the horde and bled out from your broken legs, or maybe you accidentally set off an alarm and the horde backed you into a corner, or maybe you even just had a stroke of bad luck, and that scratch on your arm from that one lone walker started to make you crave the flesh of your best friend.

The whole point of PZ is that there is no end. You cannot win. You cannot lose. You can only survive until the inevitable: Death.

It is a question of definition.

- The game will end with your death.

- The story in the game will end after the main goal or your death. (stories with multi-endings should probably be possible in future)

The whole point of PZ is that there is no end. You cannot win. You cannot lose. You can only survive until the inevitable: Death.

You can't win, that's right, but you can lose!

You can win stories in the game, but you never win the game itself.

It is a question of definition.

- The game will end with your death.

- The story in the game will end after the main goal or your death. (stories with multi-endings should probably be possible in future)

You can't win, that's right, but you can lose!

You can win stories in the game, but you never win the game itself.

I don't really consider death losing, because it's not so much as a loss as it is just the inevitable happening. Loss can be avoided, death can't be.

These ending's are not so much plot endings, but voluntary choices, You don't win by detonating the nuke, you win because you put others before yourself, You lose if you blow down the wall just for greed of having the whole world in your hands, You Fail if you activate the sirens and bring all the  zombies to you.

If it is a story mode, maybe there is another version of the nuke, where you have a choice, one of you is going to detonate that bomb, baldspot or kate, both knowing doing so would kill the other, and they have to make a decision, them, or the world. And it would be kind of cool if Doing the evil ending is what makes it possible for other maps, because baldspot Became the most infamous human ever and singlehandedly ended the world. then zombies would go global and boom multiple maps.

The cure... Is death. You can go out like a coward and shoot yourself, go out like a hero and save the world, or lonely cry as 40000 zombies surround you and begin to tear you apart. Or go out as an evil person in the c4 blast at the wall. I mean if it is story mode the story must end, 

Oh, you think there'll be a story mode. No, I don't think they're adding that. They're only adding other survivors for small, dynamic mini-stories all gathered into your character's story of surviving and kicking the apocalypse in the teeth as much as possible before it gets you. There won't be a dominant "story mode" to my knowledge. Just survival.

Oh, you think there'll be a story mode. No, I don't think they're adding that. They're only adding other survivors for small, dynamic mini-stories all gathered into your character's story of surviving and kicking the apocalypse in the teeth as much as possible before it gets you. There won't be a dominant "story mode" to my knowledge. Just survival.

You keep thinking i want this game linear, NO. I would like if it was like fallout 3, you have to make choices, and you have to go through wiith it. You pick how you go, in blazing glory, in terrifying horror, or in terrible evil. Or just pussy out and after 5 years a zombie superswarm Busts down a hole in the wall, you failed saving earth, but now you can explore the whole state or country and see what you have done,

But the thing is - The rest of the world has already fallen to the outbreak. That's why you can't run out of zombies, since they're flooding in from everywhere around you.

And also you would eventually kill ALL of them, there are only 7 billion humans on the planet, and only 2-1 billion or less on the americas (Depending if the panama canal is fortified)

And also you would eventually kill ALL of them, there are only 7 billion humans on the planet, and only 2-1 billion or less on the americas (Depending if the panama canal is fortified)

Of course ... nothing easier than killing 2 billion zombies with frying pans and forks ... :evil:

I would like to make a slight correction, there is already a story mode but it just hasn't be reimplemented. I'm not sure if you're new but if you played the demo then you saw the story mode, there will be four modes if I'm not mistaken.

-Survival

-Story mode

-Last Stand mode

and

-Sandbox Mode

But I agree there should be no definitive ending, however, breaking down the wall does seem cool but the problem I see with that is that baldspot is a average man and not the 'most infamous' man in the world who single handedly destroyed the world, pretty sure that's what the devs are trying to avoid.

I've always thought that being able to have story arcs that you can access and culminate in a cool scripted sequence with tons of loot would be a good thing (i.e find a radio on a dead squaddie blaring out an SOS that leads to a military armoury with a shit ton of zombies and a crazed survivor which once cleared out gives you the automatic grenade launching minicannon tank or something like that)

But I dont agree with endings, I think that the only ending should be "YOU DIED"

I'm afraid I  must agree with Keepbro on this subject matter, there's just something different about the fact that you're never going to get out alive, it's just a matter of how long you can stay alive.

I would like to make a slight correction, there is already a story mode but it just hasn't be reimplemented. I'm not sure if you're new but if you played the demo then you saw the story mode, there will be four modes if I'm not mistaken.

-Survival

-Story mode

-Last Stand mode

and

-Sandbox Mode

But I agree there should be no definitive ending, however, breaking down the wall does seem cool but the problem I see with that is that baldspot is a average man and not the 'most infamous' man in the world who single handedly destroyed the world, pretty sure that's what the devs are trying to avoid.

I didn't take the old updates into account. I was just going off of what we have now in the latest update as-is. Anyways, the whole point I'm trying to make is there shouldn't be an overlying story or plot. It wouldn't fit very well. There is no plot asides from the backstory of survivors and then the story of how you interact with them, and the story of how you survive and eventually die.

Considering we had a story mode in previous versions of the game, I've got a good feeling it'll be back. How much TIS will contribute to it or  expect modders to is something I can't answer.

I don't think it'd really fit for survival or sandbox, though. When your existence terminates, so should your knowledge of everything in it.

You have died.

This is a key difference between Fallout (well, the early ones, Fallout 3 renegged on the ending and released a patch to let you live). Instead of taking out the mutants and dying, your character is still alive.

It should also be mentioned that the devs have come out and specifically said there will be no ending especially not one where the outbreak is solved or ended in any way. I personally think it's silly to end the outbreak anyways- goes against the entire point of the game. But debate over it is pointless since the devs have already said it's not going to happen. So, could be a fun mod but it's not going to happen in the main game no matter how much you try to argue about it =P

As was said above, the game is about being 'everyman,' a completely normal person. If you want a game where you save the world then this just isn't the game for you- there are already a million games out there on the market that do that. The entire point of PZ is to be something new, a world where there is no hope, there is no winning, there's just surviving as long as you can.

The majority of the "story" in this game will either be completely spontaneously occurring events like "The Walking Dead" type plot (driven by the AI and the sadist movie director) or whatever we make of it in multiplayer.