Possible endings

H_Bomb

i think it would be great to make your own ending like after you survived lots of months etc army come and try to clear muldraugh with force if they fail nuclear time so you should help them. if they are trying to kill you kill one of them get his weapons join the army :D

Every end should be a bad ending then following pz's tradition of how you died.

This means, every end includes the char dieing, and it includes other people dieing, and that nothing good has come out of the situation, only bad stuff.

Btw,

I've been thinking on a 14 days mode, people have to survive 14 days and try to do as much of kicking the apocalypse in the teeth or helping the zombies nom and kill other humans.

Ending 1:

Bad playing (kill every survivor, team up with the least people possible, and help the zed kill people.)

Baldspot goes to bed on day 14.

The screen turns black and on the black screen you could make out a sillhouette of a soldier / survivor:

There were 200 survivors alive in muldraugh, the day before you started your havoc.

How many are alive today, I wonder?
How many will be alive tomorrow?
I thought my duty was to protect this city from the zombies.

I was wrong...

I have to protect it from you!

You wake up and your house is suddenly on fire.

You have to escape the house when suddenly a woodplank from above falls on baldspot.

The screen turns black, says you've survived for 14 days! and then you can hear baldspot scream in utter agony from getting burned and smashed at the same time.

Neutral ending:

Join / create a survivor group but kill everyone else who isnt in there and kill some zombies.

At day 14 you and 3 other people are in the forests searching for food and materials.

You hear a bunch of shots nearby and alot of bush rustling, you walk a bit to the shots when a horde of zombies is standing there feasting on the corpse. You and your people decide to head back just to see another horde right behind them coming for the gunshots. You shoot them attracting the other horde, get sorrounded, it shows "You've survived for 14 days" again and you can again here many screams and gunshots from the survivors getting eaten and ripped apart while trying to shoot off the zombies.

Good ending:

Teamup with all and never try to kill someone, kill as much zombies as possible.

You meet up with the group to have a talk.

They talk about the food being seriously low, and there not being much left in muldraugh to eat and drink.

On a scavenging round in a nearby town, you search for some food, when you find a can of beans. You look back to find more just to find your man pointing a shotgun on your head. Before you can ask "Wha-" he pulls the trigger. 

It then turns black slowly while you can in the background make out that the guy says "This is going to be one good feasting my friend..." and the man who killed you readys his fireaxe when it turns completely black and says once again "You've survived for 14 days".

These are just ideas and do not need to be implemented (and most likely wont be anyway), and it was just to make the point that no matter what you do, or how good the ending is, you should still die no matter what, and it shouldnt tell you anything like "Congratulations youve made it to the end", just the normal youve survived for that you get in sandbox when you die or in survival.

Yeah they are but only in survival and sandbox modes. That doesn't mean there wont be a storyline but the storyline will follow the days. For example with the metagame functioning 1 day in if you go to baldspots house you can find him like gathering food for kate, you're right but I don't see how that gave you the idea there won't be a definitive story.

I mean there's no straight set story for your character or the game as a whole. The story evolves from what you do, who you meet, etc. My whole point is that the game itself doesn't have a set plot to follow, rather that you make your own through decisions.

There is not now nor will there ever be an ending to the game. This is confirmed many times by developers and the vast majority of the community members and has been iterated upon innumerable ways. I'm not saying people can't talk about it, just know that it will never happen in the vanilla game.

I think the only conceivable ending this game should have is if all the survivors in the game are killed, meaning no new players can spawn since there are no people left alive on the whole map. Then you'd have to start a whole new save file entirely.

Sort of gives the game a whole new meta sense of survival. You're not just dealing with survival yourself, but the survival of what remains of the community as well. The very survival of what amounts to the remains of civilization.

I just thought of a manditory thing that you have to do or you will die, have a nuclear pant you have to shut off before it meltdowns in 1 year...

This wouldn't happen nuclear plants are highly sophisticated and are made so that nothing in the plant malfunctions to the point of a meltdown even without human intervention, well for the most part (freak events can still occur). I know Kentucky has a nuclear power plant but i'm not sure of the town(s) we play in.

Although i don't have a problem with endings in story mode I don't think we would ever see the map expand by 50X over one choice. The map isn't randomly generated they pay attention to detail and hand make it so can you imagine how long making it 50X as big would take?