Let´s make a list of usefull houses

psykikk

Hey there

I would like to establish additonal safe houses and outposts for overnight safety and long trips on 

muldraugh.So I asked myself the following:

what multi-story buildings are there with kitchen facilties (oven / fridge) on the second floor ?

I know Cortman medical has it.

What else ? 

Thx in advance

All the apartments in WP downtown have these features, I'm pretty sure Cortman is the only place in Muldraugh that is an upstairs apartment... I have looted every single house in Muldraugh and surrounding area

really ?? shame..

but thx, that saves me a LOT of headache 

In Muldraugh there is not a lot of buildings with kitchen upstairs, though when I'm on a run in Muldraugh I use 3 buildings : The Tavern South of Muldraugh (it's generally pretty safe and there are a lot of doors upstairs) The Cortman wich you talked about and the Large Warehouse North of Muldraugh on the main road to WP wich has a kitchen, some food storage and a lot of crates. I usually sleep upstairs in a tent in these buildings.

Safe trip survivor !

what multi-story buildings are there with kitchen facilities (oven / fridge) on the second floor ?

These features really are not important. They are nothing but storage crates once the power goes out and that seems to take a couple of weeks in my experience.

indeed (about fridges / ovens).

the one thing that is rather important (in my opinion) is the availability of wood for fortification.

so when chosing a safe house, I now tend to chose those who have abundance of trees as close as possible

to save myself from having to haul too much...

this one is great

as well as this one

those are way easier/faster to fortify than cortman medical for example...

My favorite overall is http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5182110419760818,0.20821175252991644,123.25617259669076

Plenty of entrances, exits, and storage space, in a nice centralized and simultaneously enclosed location. There's enough blind corners and open space that I've never brought a horde home. Wood, and a nice low grass yard.

My fav. HOUSE is http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5387972007100804,0.1906366723715356,123.25617259669076

Door to the kitchen. Premade workshop, front door back door, and upstairs windows on all sides.

In West Point, omg the apartments above the hardware store (needs moar wood) and the triple nice houses east of the school.

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.7831097320936228,0.1104803854929197,147.9074071160289

Those are particularly nice because of the sheds- chances for early tools and nails?

Center of wd town centre is ideal.for all.your looting needs. And upstairs living.

Also the motel on the main strip of muldraugh is ideal once barricaded well. Large enough for defence once all the walls are up. Plenty of exit points. And good for trees and loot access.

could build a secondary wall right behind it so view is blocked. 

the only thing I can see missing is ... farmland which can easily be obtained (right now ) by sandbags...,.

not a bad location, I have to admit...

I currently have 4 safehouses spread out over Muldraugh

Warehouse

Safehouse 1

Safehouse 2

Warehouse2

and will soon build a 5th one here

so travelling all over the city is not an issue.

I am planning on a trip to migrate to WP once muldraugh is all looted and everything´s distributed to the safehouses...

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5328388489555752,0.18353134696961085,202.42722146014333

I was thinking about trying to fortify this place next time I'm in Muldraugh. Never thought about it before, but the fact that it already has high fences on 3 sides means half the work is done.

Definitly a nice idea there.

I usually use the south picnic area in west point for long run survival ( http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.7852430669230763,0.1627548593698828,95.55148799999998)

Can rather easily be fortified, as lots of woods,farming space and storage area (kitchen and storage/workshop)

indeed (about fridges / ovens).

the one thing that is rather important (in my opinion) is the availability of wood for fortification.

so when chosing a safe house, I now tend to chose those who have abundance of trees as close as possible

to save myself from having to haul too much...

this one is great

as well as this one

those are way easier/faster to fortify than cortman medical for example...

I've had too many zeds pop out from behind a tree and kill me to be comfortable with a house with trees around it.  What's the reason you like having them?

wood close by increases the speed in which you can fortify the place. once the wall is up and installed, the woods wont matter that much.

I just hate the idea of having to haul 4 logs of wood for longer distances if I could avoid it by chosing houses closer to trees.

also, I never start buillding and constructing before conducting an extensive area sweep

Archived