DayZ Standalone

Gammlernoob

If you play the game for a while (or played the mod before like I did) you get pretty good at assessing people, if they would shoot you in the back after you turn around because they are greedy veterans or if they are pretty new at the game and are too scared to even move 1m when you start talking to them. Also you can usualy see who is a good guy by looking at their clothes. Ive seen pretty few people with masks playing a friendly or at least not KoS style. Also you can usualy trust bigger groups of people more than lone wolfs or small groups of just 2 players.

This is a big part of the game for me, that I dont know what they are realy like but by simply watching them for a few minutes I can say more about them than they even might know about themselves. ;P

If you learn to assess people correctly you will have a much better experience in DayZ and if you carefully watch your environment you can dodge bandits and snipers as well.

Never drop DayZ just because you got killed by some sneaky bastard again, just keep trying! ;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also you can usualy trust bigger groups of people more than lone wolfs or small groups of just 2 players.

Really depends on the group. Was running with 5 friends the other week and we ended up kidnapping someone. In the heat of the moment while they were giving him orders one of our more trigger happy members shot him in the face.

At least he saw it coming I guess.

When I still played the mod, I found that the biggest deterrent to KOS players was an active global chat. You were less likely to get shot by someone if you just spent the last twenty minutes shooting the breeze with them before ever encountering them. Then they went and removed that feature. I can understand why, what with it feeling a little bit too gamey to be able to talk to everyone on the map, but still. I got attacked a lot more frequently after they took it out.

Does the Stand Alone have global chat?

When I still played the mod, I found that the biggest deterrent to KOS players was an active global chat. You were less likely to get shot by someone if you just spent the last twenty minutes shooting the breeze with them before ever encountering them. Then they went and removed that feature. I can understand why, what with it feeling a little bit too gamey to be able to talk to everyone on the map, but still. I got attacked a lot more frequently after they took it out.

Does the Stand Alone have global chat?

fc,220x200,black.u1.jpg

I don't know if KoS would really deter it as much as you think, since you need to be able to identify the person you are looking at and establish they are the ones you were talking to.

I just read this - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/06/im-a-survivor-dayz-standalone-thoughts/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29 -

And noticed something peculiar; there isn't a single mention about the zombies. For an article covering a supposedly zombie survival game, you'd imagine they take focus, right?

While DayZ is certainly at very early stages, I'd imagine that Rocket would employ more emphasis on zombies this time round because otherwise, once again, it will just turn into another pvp death match.

It really doesn't give out much hope when I see an article that goes on about how DayZ has changed and improved but not a single mention to zombies is given.

I just read this - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/06/im-a-survivor-dayz-standalone-thoughts/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29 -

And noticed something peculiar; there isn't a single mention about the zombies. For an article covering a supposedly zombie survival game, you'd imagine they take focus, right?

While DayZ is certainly at very early stages, I'd imagine that Rocket would employ more emphasis on zombies this time round because otherwise, once again, it will just turn into another pvp death match.

It really doesn't give out much hope when I see an article that goes on about how DayZ has changed and improved but not a single mention to zombies is given.

Because they both lack respawns and numbers. The servers are currently not stable enough to maintain any significant number of zombies (who are utterly useless on their own already).

Because they both lack respawns and numbers. The servers are currently not stable enough to maintain any significant number of zombies (who are utterly useless on their own already).

That's incredibly screwed up. A zombie mod that turns into a game, that lacks proper zombies. This is what I mean by not discouraging banditry. It's like they don't even give a toss anymore. It's straying into WarZ territory there.

That's incredibly screwed up. A zombie mod that turns into a game, that lacks proper zombies. This is what I mean by not discouraging banditry. It's like they don't even give a toss anymore. It's straying into WarZ territory there.

Hardly, there have already been several updates, Rocket is currently trying to fix combat logging. Once performance is stabilized zombies will be improved.