cannabilism

zelfer102030

i think that when npc's are added if you have a special trait that you get when making your charecter. There should be one marked under cannibal it would be a good edition to the game.  So that if you kill an npc survivor you should have the option to eat them plus when all the food is gone you have no prblem because you can eat people  but there should be a downside to the perk for eg some npc's could be innfectd [bitten] by a zombie and if you are to eat them you get infected and die but there sould be a cure so you can cure the bite and then eat them so you dont come infected. tell me what you think below

Well, while I do think there should be a cannibal option in the game or running into cannibal NPC's (that would be insanely awesome) The admins have already stated that there will never be a cure added into the game, so that ones a definite no. Also think most of us here on the forum agree there shouldn't be a cure, would ruin the whole point of the game and the fear of being bitten. Now on the subject of a cannibal trait, that would be pretty awesome. Ah and also welcome to the forums! 

but there should be a downside to the perk for eg some npc's could be innfectd [bitten] by a zombie and if you are to eat them you get infected and die but there sould be a cure so you can cure the bite and then eat them so you dont come infected. tell me what you think below

No cure and probably no cannibalism (maybe as a mod, maybe they feel like doing it later, cant tell until NPCs are in).

There has been various topics about this before.

Don't see why you can't process a dead corpse similar to any other dead animal you find. I'd just say it would take the knowledge of how to break down an animal. Which is a skill that should be learned and makes more sense than something like learning how to use a generator (add gas, pull cord/flip switch, done?) I mean I've never used a generator but I can imagine that's all it takes outside of maintenance. 

Maybe a mod can merge this with the "Human Meat" topic? It's so recent that there really doesn't need to be a swamp of cannibalistic topics in the top 20 topics. :/

That said, though I don't think cannibalism for players should be added, since there's already an overabundance of food, I did find something interesting in Max Brook's War Z:

The biggest problem were quislings.

Quislings?

Yeah, you know, the people that went nutballs and started acting like zombies.

Could you elaborate?

Well, I'm not a shrink, so I don't know all the tech terms.

That's all right.

Well, as I understand it, there's a type of person who just can't deal with a fight-or-die situation. They're always drawn to what they're afraid of. Instead of resisting it, they want to please it, join it, try to be like it.
I guess that happens in kidnap situations, you know, like a Patty Hearst/ Stockholm Syndrome-type, or, like in regular war, when people who are invaded sign up for the enemy's army.
Collaborators, sometimes even more die-hard than the people they're trying to mimic, like those French fascists who were some of Hitler's last troops.
Maybe that's why we call them quislings, like it's a French word or something.
But you couldn't do it in this war. You couldn't just throw up your hands and say, "Hey, don't kill me, I'm on your side."
There was no gray area in this fight, no in between.
I guess some people just couldn't accept that. It put them right over the edge. They started moving like zombies, sounding like them, even attacking and trying to eat other people.
That's how we found our first one. He was a male adult, midthirties. Dirty, dazed,
shuffling down the sidewalk. We thought he was just in Z-shock, until he bit one of our guys in the arm. That was a horrible few seconds. I dropped the Q with a head shot then turned to check on my buddy. He was crumpled on the curb, swearing, crying, staring at the gash in his forearm. This was a death sentence and he knew it. He was ready to do himself until we discovered that the guy I shot had bright red blood pouring from his head. When we checked his flesh we found he was still warm!
You should have seen our buddy lose it. It's not every day you get a reprieve from the big governor in the sky.
Ironically, he almost died anyway. The bastard had so much bacteria in his mouth that it caused a near fatal staph infection.
We thought maybe we stumbled onto some new discovery but it turned out it'd been happening for a while. The CDC was just about to go public. They even sent an expert up from Oakland to brief us on what to do if we encountered more of them.
It blew our minds.
Did you know that quislings were the reason some people used to think they were
immune: They were also the reason all those bullshit wonder drugs got so much hype.
Think about it. Someone's on Phalanx, gets bit but survives. What else is he going to think* He probably wouldn't know there was even such a thing as quislings. They're just as hostile as regular zombies and in some cases even more dangerous.

How so?

Well, for one thing, they didn't freeze. I mean, yeah, they would if they were exposed over time, but in moderate cold, if they'd gone under while wearing warm clothes, they'd be fine. They also got stronger from the people they ate. Not like zombies. They could maintain over time.

But you could kill them more easily.

Yes and no. You didn't have to hit them in head; you could take out the lungs, the heart, hit them anywhere, and eventually they'd bleed to death. But if you didn't stop them with one shot, they'd just keep coming until they died.

They don't feel pain?

Hell no. It's that whole mind-over-matter thing, being so focused you're able to suppress relays to the brain and all that. You should really talk to an expert.

Please continue.

Okay, well, that's why we could never talk them down. There was nothing left to talk to.
These people were zombies, maybe not physically, but mentally you could not tell the difference. Even physically it might be hard, if they were dirty enough, bloody enough, diseased enough. Zombies don't really smell that bad, not individually and not if they're fresh. How do you tell one of these from a mimic with a
whopping dose of gangrene? You couldn't. It's not like the military would let us have sniffer dogs or anything. You had to use the eye test.
Ghouls don't blink, I don't know why. Maybe because they use their senses equally, their brains don't value sight as much. Maybe because they don't have as much bodily fluid they can't keep using it to coat die eyes.
Who knows, but they don't blink and quislings do. That's how you spotted them; back up a few paces, and wait a few seconds. Darkness was easier, you just shone a
beam in their faces. If they didn't blink, you took them down.

And if they did?

Well, our orders were to capture quislings if possible, and use deadly force only in selfdefense.
It sounded crazy, still does, but we rounded up a few, hog-tied them, turned them
over to police or National Guard. I'm not sure what they did with them. I've heard stories about Walla Walla, you know, the prison where hundreds of them were fed and clothed and even med-ically cared for.

{His eyes flick to the ceiling.}

You don't agree.

Hey, I'm not going there. You want to open that can of worms, read the pa-pers. Every year some lawyer or priest or politician tries to stoke that fire for whatever side best suits them. Personally, I don't care. I don't have any feelings toward them one way or the other.
I think the saddest thing about them is that they gave up so much and in the end lost anyway.

Why is that?

'Cause even though we can't tell the difference between them, the real zombies can.
Remember early in the war, when everybody was trying to work on a way to turn the living dead against one another? There was all this "documented proof" about infighting -eyewitness accounts and even footage of one zombie attacking another. Stupid. It was zombies attacking quislings, but you never would have known that to look at it. Quislings don't scream. They just lie there, not even trying to fight, writhing in that slow, robotic way, eaten alive by the very creatures they're
trying to be.

urban dictionary says:

In the event that u see monkeys or other asorted animals engaging in harcore action and its to hard to bare..... get the hose

oh shit those monkeys are at it again.... get the damn hose

now I'm even more confused what you mean, demonic kat (sorry, I'm from germany)

I don't know if you can understand this, but that is one of the most hilariously unrelated things I've ever read.

The quote is from "The Silence of the Lambs", well it would be a quote, but I misquoted it. It should say "It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again."

+1 for cannibalism

The more hungrier one gets, the more things one will willingly eat.

I once made myself a meal out of maggots, earthworms, ants and edible leafes (rubus fruticosus), because i was out in the woods very hungry.

I was so hungry, that collecting, preparing, and eating that meal was way more enjoyable than eating a schnitzel under normal circumstances. (i love schnitzels)