Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

For those having random crashes - do you have any mods installed?

The crashes aren't random.

Building something, leaving the area and then returning to the built stuff is currently crashing the game

Exactly this, unfortunately happened to me too. When i reload i'm in my house, where i just finished to build a fence(not completely).  I have Zeds banging on my walls so i have to go outside and trying with a shotgun to lure them away. On the way back as soon as i get close the game crashes. I reloaded 3 times but unfortunately on the 3rd Zeds got me b4 i could run off.  :sad:   It was only 10 days but i was doing good.      I was on a new game on the steam beta.

No mods of course for me.

P.S. Oh, and just for the stats, without manually backing up(the game did it itself) my 2 previous saves from .16 work.  I haven't played them, just loaded up to see if they could, so i don't know if the ctd would happen there too.

For those having random crashes - do you have any mods installed?

The crashes aren't random.

Building something, leaving the area and then returning to the built stuff is currently crashing the game

Exactly this, unfortunately happened to me too. When i reload i'm in my house, where i just finished to build a fence(not completely).  I have Zeds banging on my walls so i have to go outside and trying with a shotgun to lure them away. On the way back as soon as i get close the game crashes. I reloaded 3 times but unfortunately on the 3rd Zeds got me b4 i could run off.  :sad:   It was only 10 days but i was doing good.      I was on a new game on the steam beta.

No mods of course for me.

P.S. Oh, and just for the stats, without manually backing up(the game did it itself) my 2 previous saves from .16 work.  I haven't played them, just loaded up to see if they could, so i don't know if the ctd would happen there too.

I have the exact same problem

i have the "safehouse"-crash problem too, but from my experience, i just wait until i get the crash message, than i restart the game and load up the ***_crash savefile.
then i'm able to enter my safehouse as normal.
its quite annoying, i have to admid. also playing vanilla & started new game when updating to .17 steam version.

Currently using the Steam Beta patch, and I have two things to report (although I haven't tried to build anything yet, although I expect I'll have the same problem as everyone else)

1. Zombie kill count is WAY off: http://i.imgur.com/uch2kC8h.jpg

2. Zombies ALWAYS spawn in massive numbers outside any safehouse I try to set up: http://i.imgur.com/1w21aRNh.jpg

Ah, I should have clarified a few things about that:

1. That was only the very edge of a group and I never saw the other side, nor was I able to find a way around them.

2. That was the thinnest group I saw, and the only one i was able to actually get a screen shot without getting them immediately trying to swarm me.

3. These groups are showing up every time I go inside and wait somewhere for a few game hours. I know I am not being followed by them either since I always watch my back and never just go in a straight line.

On a different note, one group was so dense that I couldn't see the ground tiles under it, and when they all came to kill me the game didn't lag. So, I guess there is that.

While having problems with bsod on my win 7 rig, and only playing this update for a few mins.  I could hug you Indie Stone, I have been waiting for the steam release.

the one question I do have is, will you possibly be releasing the test builds on steam from here on out?

I'm the kind of person that like to start the game and be pleasantly surprized that there are new features to play with!

I hate to do this to everybody, and hopefully it won't ruin anyone's experience, but right-clicking on the oven will not allow me to cook anything. This render's cookable food's and ovens useless, and less food to eat.

It could be that the electricity is out.electricity and water will go out after a certain amount of time. its random when it goes out any where from 0-2 months

I can't find Project Zomboid on steam, how do I add the game to steam?

You need to go to Desura and change your key over. I should not link this because it has been linked like 80 times in other places and it has its own thread in the news section. but here you go http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1382-steam-keys/

Thanks for the link :)

While having problems with bsod on my win 7 rig, and only playing this update for a few mins. I could hug you Indie Stone, I have been waiting for the steam release.

the one question I do have is, will you possibly be releasing the test builds on steam from here on out?

I'm the kind of person that like to start the game and be pleasantly surprized that there are new features to play with!

Both test releases and stable builds will be available on Steam now and will auto update.

It is also good to keep in mind that with test builds comes breakage, as observable by the current Steam builds. If you want to just play but occasionally get new features, tracking the stable branch is a better idea than the test one. Test versions are called that for a reason.

I don't know If this is a bug or I'm missing something, but in the Steam build sometimes my health starts to go down killing my character for no reason. Any ideas?

You might be sick or zombified. Did you check your health screen?

Yep, not bitten, scratched, wet, sick or anything.

While having problems with bsod on my win 7 rig, and only playing this update for a few mins.  I could hug you Indie Stone, I have been waiting for the steam release.

Please ensure your system isn't over heating . . . Don't assume it isn't.

I don't know If this is a bug or I'm missing something, but in the Steam build sometimes my health starts to go down killing my character for no reason. Any ideas?

You might be sick or zombified. Did you check your health screen?

Yep, not bitten, scratched, wet, sick or anything.

Ever go out in the rain?

oh, ok Thanks !

Is this  North-East Farm Bug still there ?
I start a new game and dont know i i should build there something.

Because is its still there and i build something, i cant return to the farm. Without a crash

EDIT: i try´d to reload my new gun. But there was ammunition in.

Then i releazed, the Handgun have infinite ammo ! Until the gun itself broken

I cant wait anymore for a Final playable release version. This game is so awesome :)

NICE WORK !

I will definitely buy the game again and recommend my friends what I've already

done to some of them

I've run into this bug twice now, just wanted to see if anyone is seeing this. Occasionally (and I do mean this isn't an every time thing) when attempting to climb through a window I opened, it will make my character freeze unable to move.

I am still able to open and close the window (minus the animation to open it, or the time it takes typically from doing it from the outside). I can also access my inventory and equip/unequip, eat and drink everything else.

I am running the game through steam (yay access keys!), this happened on two new games I started today, the first in survival and this second one in sandbox (because my god survival is ridiculously more scary!).

I'm using Windows 7, 6gb, 64 bit, AMD Athlon II X4 620 processor 2.60 GHz, graphics is Nvidia GeForce 9100. Not sure what other info you need so yeah that's just a rough whatever.

I don't know how to explain it really, so here's a screen shot.

ProjectZomboidBugReportv29917usingsteam_

Anyone else having this bug? It's frustrating in that restarts don't fix it or anything, also the debug F11 thing doesn't do too much for me, or I'm just being dumb about it.

EDIT: I did another restart (3rd restart) and I seemed to free myself, but now I'm terrified to attempt it again!)

Edited by Outragedparker