Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

So, how do I launch x64 mode on steam?

It seems to be automatically starting up x32 instead.

You don't.

I reckon this is the last we'll see of x64.

So how do x64 machines will be able to play future versions of PZ? because normally when I start an x32 application (PZ or not) it won't start.

i tried the normal beta it didn't work said wrong pass but im still on .17 so guess im using it already?

You don't need a password for the normal beta. You just select it from the dropdown and you're set :)

Try restarting Steam or your comp. Old Steam Blues.

So how do x64 machines will be able to play future versions of PZ? because normally when I start an x32 application (PZ or not) it won't start.

64-Bit operating systems and machines can run 32-bit code just fine. In the case of PZ it's even simpler, as PZ itself is bitness-agnostic (minus the 3rd party native libraries), the bitness is just a question of which Java virtual machine version you happen to have. All you need is to have a 32-bit Java installed and you're good to go.

It is actually highly likely that 95% of the programs you use daily, games included, are 32-bit, even if you have a 64-bit OS.

i also cant play anymore.

After 1-5 minutes i have a crash with the same error message.

The interesting thing is,  seems it come when I want to my safe house.

Just before the safehouse would be on screen it crashes.

This is right next to my safe house and it only happens when i walking to it......................... guess ill try to walk away from it.

Ok so i can run from my safe house with no issues but when i get 30 squares from my safe house then i crash. Nice find XxBarakaxX. Now what am i going to do all my food is in my safe house.............

EDIT Great even my secret garden will not let me get near it :(

Edited by Shivster

I have exactly the same problem. Crashes when going to my safehouse
Are you guys trying to play saves from previous versions or does it happen on a new game, too?

nope its a new save started just for steam. It will crash me whenever i try to get near any house or area i have built or farmed  on. going to uninstall all Java and video card drivers also steam and zomboid. Igot a new error number When heading to my garden.

devs.png

Feel free to use my save if anyone wants it is on page 18 with a ton of screenshots..

Here is my safe house. http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.46286531052918034,0.44730969377816127,71.8954248366014

And My garden is here. http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.751428126049066,0.42003575370862606,102.66666666666669

I have exactly the same problem. Crashes when going to my safehouse

Are you guys trying to play saves from previous versions or does it happen on a new game, too?

No, the save is from the steam build.

It started to crash when I placed wooden walls, I don't know if it is related thought

No mods.  I have what is causing them down i had a streamer try it as well and he crashed.What is happening is if you build anything anywhere. Leave the area then try to walk back to the area where the built item is you crash. When you reload the game if you walk away from the item you will not crash. But if you try to push back to the built item you will crash again and again. This is only on the steam build not the forum test.

I hate to do this to everybody, and hopefully it won't ruin anyone's experience, but right-clicking on the oven will not allow me to cook anything. This render's cookable food's and ovens useless, and less food to eat.

It could be that the electricity is out.electricity and water will go out after a certain amount of time. its random when it goes out any where from 0-2 months

I can't find Project Zomboid on steam, how do I add the game to steam?

You need to go to Desura and change your key over. I should not link this because it has been linked like 80 times in other places and it has its own thread in the news section. but here you go http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1382-steam-keys/

Something in this version is making something in the barn on the west farm with the well, cause a gamecrash, just straight ctd.

Did you, by chance, try to build something there? In the current very experimental beta building something and then coming back will cause a crash- this is a known issue. If it's something else please let us know so we can track it down. Thanks!