Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

However, I still have never found a Suture Needle Holder (although I've heard I don't need one to stitch wounds? Dunno if hats true, I've been lucky enough to not have had a deep wound as of yet)

AFAIK the ONLY way to get a Deep Wound is to climb through a broken window and get cut by glass without using the Remove Glass option first. After that it's use Tweezers/SNH > Remove Shards > Disinfect > Bandage. Other than that or probably by being shot at by another Human player in a MP server - I don't know any other way to get wounded that badly. Zeds at most cut you and that's it really.

I managed to get a Deep Wound with one character by falling off a floor I was constructing. I treated it by using a suture needle and thread to stitch the deep wound, then bandaged it.

Hey Hydro, gotta bug to report! The 9-Volt battery is called "Huge Battery" Just like the Lantern Battery :o

Also I'm glad to see that the welding torch will finally be fixed! yaaaay!!! I brought it up awhile back to ya, but I figured i would find one at the mall like ya said. Although i never did, primarily because my computer for some reason lags out extremely bad when I go into the mall (which makes me very sad :( )

However, I still have never found a Suture Needle Holder (although I've heard I don't need one to stitch wounds? Dunno if thats true, I've been lucky enough to not have had a deep wound as of yet)

Yeah I fixed the name of the battery already. I loaded up the game just after releasing it and saw it and I was like "Doh!"

Suture Needle Holder is a base game thing so I don't know.

Hey, so ive crafted something and im not sure how to put it down? Im running the latest version of this mod and the i will backup my save build

"Buildings" like the Forge and Smelter have to be put on the ground and can be used from there. They're heavy so they're meant to be used from the ground/a container alongside the other ingredients or crafting materials.

Did that answer your question?

I mean like, I just crafted a Clothes line and i dont know how to place it down, if i drop it all i can do is pick it up again or equip primary or secondary

Okay when you put down the item, it will appear with its' graphic on the floor. After that: either check your crafting log for a recipe to combine the "floor building" to create an item OR step away and attempt to right click the new building and see if there's an interact menu.

I think he might be trying to deploy the item, and if that's the case then there isn't a way to do it...yet. Putting them on the ground is more for aesthetics and is simply by dropping them.

Ohhhh X) When will be able to do that?

I mean like, I just crafted a Clothes line and i dont know how to place it down, if i drop it all i can do is pick it up again or equip primary or secondary

You just drop it on the floor.

Ive tried that X) I guess il just wait for update :)

Hyrdomancer, would it be possible to extend the cooking time of the black and red ants slightly? I've ntoiced that when playing on 60 minutes to a day, they cook in stages, going from nearly cooked to about 1/4-1/3 burned in one jump.

On the random front, would it be possible to turn cooked ants into chocolate-coated ants, if you have enough of them and some chocolate? i've actually seen people who've done stints in various overseas countries develop a taste for chocolate coated ants, particularly with things like porridge and cereal.

Hyrdomancer, would it be possible to extend the cooking time of the black and red ants slightly? I've ntoiced that when playing on 60 minutes to a day, they cook in stages, going from nearly cooked to about 1/4-1/3 burned in one jump.

Actually I am taking them off as food items for next update an instead making them ingredients in bug based food dishes.

watertower_zps5iecsvio.jpg

Hydrocraft v3.4 has been released!

Which includes ...

- Archery Targets now allow you to gain Aiming skill when used.

- Steel and Aluminum ingots not need to be made using a Blast Furnace instead of a Smelter.

- Added a Police Baton, Grenade and Flaming Pinecone.

- Added Pully, Bellows and Blast Furace.

- Added Well, Water Tower and Water Pump.

- While Wells and Water Towers are limited and refillable, Water Pumps give unlimited Buckets of water.

- Added Snail, Cooked Beetle Grub and Bug Stew.

- Editable bugs have been made into normal items and instead are used in Bug Stew.

- Added Passport and Chest props for New Dawn server.

- Added more Small Game to hunt (Opossum, Groundhog, Muskrat, Nutria)

- Added more Waterfowl to hunt (Coot and a bunch of ducks)

- Added more Game Birds to Hunt (Grouse and Quail)

- Fixed 9 volt Battery name.

- Fixed Flour Making bug.

- Fixed refill Canning Salt Bag bug.

- Fixed split screen raincoat bug! (Thanks RoboMat and DarkSlayerEX!)

- Thanks to everyone who helped this week!

Enjoy!

ERROR: can't find recipe source "Pumpkin" in recipe "Make Pumpkin Pie"ERROR: can't find recipe source "Pumpkin" in recipe "Plant Pumpkin Seeds"ERROR: can't find recipe result "Pumpkin" in recipe "Harvest Pumpkin"

In the HCCrossbow and HCLongbow item definitions: NPCSoundBosst should be NPCSoundBoost

False_Meridian, I had the same issue as you. Ended up replacing the 'Pumpkin' in each file with 'RedRadish' lol. But it worked ^^

I've been having some issues with using the mod online. I've been playing with a buddy for a while, we have the same mod content and settings but whereas his works fine, when I run this mod I get a lot of text and texture issues. Usually starting a server from fresh and clearing local content I load in and all is good. After a few minutes however the text turns to coloured blocks and all the icons for items turn white. Although I am running the server, I get the issues whereas my friends is totally fine.

Multithreading and steam overlay are both off and I've run out of solutions. Any ideas?

False_Meridian, I had the same issue as you. Ended up replacing the 'Pumpkin' in each file with 'RedRadish' lol. But it worked ^^

I've been having some issues with using the mod online. I've been playing with a buddy for a while, we have the same mod content and settings but whereas his works fine, when I run this mod I get a lot of text and texture issues. Usually starting a server from fresh and clearing local content I load in and all is good. After a few minutes however the text turns to coloured blocks and all the icons for items turn white. Although I am running the server, I get the issues whereas my friends is totally fine.

Multithreading and steam overlay are both off and I've run out of solutions. Any ideas?

Do you do fresh install with folder-deletion and extraction or just overwrite?

Do you do fresh install with folder-deletion and extraction or just overwrite?

Yesterday I wiped all files, reinstalled everything from scratch and had my friend send me his mods folder. After setting up a server, i set the spawn co ords to the large warehouse. It started fine but after about a minute the text had turned to blocks and after opening a door the icons had gone too. Rejoining seems to just make it gradually worse each time :/

Hydromancer, you remember that issue where something went wrong with one of the items, and two chunks of my large base suddenly vanished? I've just had the same thing happen again. I'm not sure what might be involved, but the areas that've been nuked contained all of the items I'd gained from foraging, my non-tinned food, and all the kitchenware items I'd assembled.

ETA: poking around further, it's also taken out all of my stored alcohol (I'd taken over the alcohol warehouse in New Denver) and the cupboard full of stuff I was planning on recycling, although I don't think there were any new items in that. I have got about forty glass jars with lids I need to replace now... and I'd harvested all my crops yesterday, so I'm glad it at least restocked the cupboards with random stuff.

ETA2: you mentioned in the update that all the bugs and insects had been changed, to accommodate new recipes - could that be it? I had some ants of both kinds in my fridge, which is in the middle of one area that got clobbered, and more ants plus all the other bugs stored on shelves in the other area.

Yesterday I wiped all files, reinstalled everything from scratch and had my friend send me his mods folder. After setting up a server, i set the spawn co ords to the large warehouse. It started fine but after about a minute the text had turned to blocks and after opening a door the icons had gone too. Rejoining seems to just make it gradually worse each time :/

Okay then. Wow. O_o

That's a new one even for me. Never encountered that sort of error to terrain outright changing form like that. I've seen the errors of terrain missing/items vanishing but not that badly. Hm.

Reinstalled the game entirely or just the usual wipe world/refresh/remake? And what's your rig like that the server rides on? I know with the programming that RAM gets eaten up a lot at times and you may be getting some of that artifacting due to that. Any other details?