Classic mode?

bvhv

I just looked some pictures. It looks really cool. Yeah if it's not a lot of work the Devs should implement an option for it, maybe as a reward for being alive a certain amount of time or visiting a place, or completing some kind of challenge

20120109projectzomboid.jpg

All hand drawn textures, meaning they're very limited, unfortunately. As new animations, items, tiles .etc are added, there'd be no way to represent new features in the old game.

As a fan mod, it might happen. It probably won't be done by TIS, however.

All hand drawn textures, meaning they're very limited, unfortunately. As new animations, items, tiles .etc are added, there'd be no way to represent new features in the old game.

could they not just make a mixture of both. Or not have animations for new features on classic mode?

what i'm trying to say is that they should add a mode for 1.4c or whatever the case so that you could play the old version of the game not updated to fit all the new things :).

what i'm trying to say is that they should add a mode for 1.4c or whatever the case so that you could play the old version of the game not updated to fit all the new things :).
I don't see this happening.

I can't think of any game that allowed you to play an older, inferior version of the game and then called it "classic".

This might be appealing to a small handful of people who have nostalgic feelings about the old sprites, but those versions are out there in the internet somewhere, free to obtain.

There's even a thread for it:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2064-older-versions

I don't see this happening.

I can't think of any game that allowed you to play an older, inferior version of the game and then called it "classic".

This might be appealing to a small handful of people who have nostalgic feelings about the old sprites, but those versions are out there in the internet somewhere, free to obtain.

There's even a thread for it:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2064-older-versions

Monkey island had it. And it was made easy because they didn't had to draw or implement anything, they just switched source folders and that made it easy.

I feel if it's not a big hassle in coding, they could just easily do it. 

except in the case of monkey island it was actually a classic game.

In the case of Zomboid it is just a way outdated tech-demo version of the game that is still available on the internet. What you are currently playing is not a remake or sequel.