Rotten food frustrates me.

Ridickulo

In short, the inability to know when a food item will lose its freshness. I would like to see something as in farming, where as your level gets higher, you will get more information on how long until an item loses its freshness or simply becomes rotten.

Well there is no telling how long before food goes bad in specific, yet it would help if the products could get different conditions and mean how long they could be stored. Also food could go bad without rotting, for example get soaked or dry out if left in direct sunlight.

What bothers me is when I leave the game(multiplayer) and i have some food in my inventory or bags(i.e. fresh bowl of soup, fresh carrots etc.) after re-entering the server shortly after, I find my food spoiled.

In short, the inability to know when a food item will lose its freshness. I would like to see something as in farming, where as your level gets higher, you will get more information on how long until an item loses its freshness or simply becomes rotten.

You can tell if a food item is about to lose its freshness if you mouse over it and the tooltip shows negative stats on the food item where none was before. Stuff like +10 boredom. If you see that it's best to throw the food in the pot and eat it because it's about to go bad.

You can tell if a food item is about to lose its freshness if you mouse over it and the tooltip shows negative stats on the food item where none was before. Stuff like +10 boredom. If you see that it's best to throw the food in the pot and eat it because it's about to go bad.

How can i make myself clearer...

Ok, i'll try this:

I would like to know, how long will the pie or the soup i am making now will last so i can plan when i have to do my supply run or if i have enough food for the trip. Better?

Ok, i'll try this:

I would like to know, how long will the pie or the soup i am making now will last so i can plan when i have to do my supply run or if i have enough food for the trip. Better?

Think about real life :) A soup won't stay fresh more than 4-5 days

About the rotten thing, it has 3 stage (in the tooltip) : Fresh / Nothing (not fresh) / Rotten  so you can have a clue :)

Ok, i'll try this:

Not through ingame means (at least not the exact number of days), except trial and error.

Go to Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\media\scripts and take a look at items.txt as well as newitems.txt if you want to spoil it all for you and look at "DaysTotallyRotten".

Ok, i'll try this:

About the rotten thing, it has 3 stage (in the tooltip) : Fresh / Nothing (not fresh) / Rotten  so you can have a clue :)

I suggest 5 stages then! :D

Yea, that would really, really help. :)

Like Fresh, Good , *Nothing*, Dull, Rotten

Ok, i'll try this:

You'd be lucky to get a day out of it unrefrigerated in reality. Not that you would necessarily get sick from it, but there's a reason restaurants are required to toss food after 1 hour at 60 degrees C.

Trial and error?

LOL! Yes, yeess.

But i haven't had much success with that. :P

My suggestion is more that a chef would know these things. Like in the farming system.

If you achieved master chef status in-game, surely you should have enough personal experience to realize when food is starting to go bad. Remember, you are your character. I like how the game relies on the player's intelligence as much as the character's skills.

You wouldn't want the game to start spelling stuff out for you. (tophat)

I Agree with having more information on food Expiration.

3 Levels ALWAYS. 

Fresh / About to Rot / Rotten

And if you get a cooking level of 2, or 3. Make it 5 Stages, or even just Add a bar that says Freshness. 

The moment that bar hits zero, it's Rotten. And as it goes down (through hopefully 10 stages) it loses benefits

Something like

Stage 10
Hunger %120 Percent

Stage 9 110%

Stage 8 100% 

stage 6   85%

Stage 5   70%

stage 4   60%

stage 3   50%
stage 2   30%
stage 1   20%
Rotten    10%

Because rotten still gives you a percentage of the hunger attribute. 

This could also be mixed with Boredom, and happiness multipliers.

• 2 months later...