[Hardcore roleplay Server][Includes latest Bedford version] Picking up the Pieces [NO LONGER ONLINE]

FoxalypticWorld

I'm more concerned about the constant down-time every day than I am about the likelihood of a reset.

Updates and Hard Resets don't happen very often. The same can't be said for hours-long server downage,

I agree. I like the server, but if it's down for hours and hours it doesn't matter how much I like it lol.

Five hours. It's now been down for five hours. How long was it down yesterday, in total?

How long will it be down tomorrow? Every day it crashes and goes down for hours. Every day, without fail, at least once. Sometimes we get lucky and there's someone to put it back up again... but far too often, I spend the entire allotment of my roleplaying time sitting here waiting for the server to come back. I really like it here. I don't want to have to give up on it, but I don't have enough time to dedicate to developing characters who aren't going to be available to me for entire DAYS.

I'm investing considerable time in participating in this world, only to have the world disappear at seeming random. That's time I could be spending developing other characters for games and servers that I -know- will be available, and that I -know- will be restarted promptly if they crash.I can justify it for now because of the enjoyment I get out of the times when it works.

That justification begins to lose merit as those times become fewer and father between. Please... PLEASE... find some way to resolve this constant problem. Some days you have upwards of 20 people on this server. That's a lot of folks to leave twisting in the wind.

Five hours. It's now been down for five hours. How long was it down yesterday, in total?

How long will it be down tomorrow? Every day it crashes and goes down for hours. Every day, without fail, at least once. Sometimes we get lucky and there's someone to put it back up again... but far too often, I spend the entire allotment of my roleplaying time sitting here waiting for the server to come back. I really like it here. I don't want to have to give up on it, but I don't have enough time to dedicate to developing characters who aren't going to be available to me for entire DAYS.

I'm investing considerable time in participating in this world, only to have the world disappear at seeming random. That's time I could be spending developing other characters for games and servers that I -know- will be available, and that I -know- will be restarted promptly if they crash.I can justify it for now because of the enjoyment I get out of the times when it works.

That justification begins to lose merit as those times become fewer and father between. Please... PLEASE... find some way to resolve this constant problem. Some days you have upwards of 20 people on this server. That's a lot of folks to leave twisting in the wind.

Well I think right now the server is relatively new and they are trying to find staff to help with those issues. I know how it could be frustrating but I'm sure when they are more well manned and time zones aren't a problem the server will be a well oiled machine with little to complain about. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Unfortunately, i can tell you that, in my experience the problems abound in one way or another across all servers and hard resets are rampant.

I completely understand your time investment argument and it is the main reason i don't play anymore sticking to admining and helping you guys.

Well folks I'll make this -very- clear since people are starting to complain about it. Right now, we have a server that costs $50/month for people to enjoy. We're not making anyone pay to use the server, we have a donation page up on the website to help pay for it. Apparently -this- server isn't even enough to handle everyone that wants to play all the time since it keeps running out of memory. The next best server? $75/month. After that? $100/month. We don't have the time or budget to just keep upgrading servers because more and more people join without anyone except a very small number of people paying for it.

If every one of the 20 people that sometime play on the server donated just $5 every month? We could totally move to the upgraded server and have double our RAM. If they paid $10? We could triple our RAM.

We are doing the best we can with the tools we have right now. If it's between hard capping the server population to make sure it doesn't go down often or allowing as many people to enjoy the sever as we can? Well, we've chosen to allow people to enjoy it.

Going to update to 27?

Yes we're gonna be updating, so we'll give people awhile (Lets say...a few hours? A day at the most) to get off towers, collect some things, and save their characters.

I also want to take the time to point out the story IC wise is NOT starting over. We're only three months in anyway.

Going to update to 27?

Yes we're gonna be updating, so we'll give people awhile (Lets say...a few hours? A day at the most) to get off towers, collect some things, and save their characters.

I also want to take the time to point out the story IC wise is NOT starting over. We're only three months in anyway.

Our chars will save but not our bases?

With a new build comes a hard reset, so bases will not save, no. Your characters will save if you save them, however.

Hey, I just got back from my camping trip. I wont be on today 'cause I am just beat. But things look a lot different than it did when I left. I'll try and get caught up. Also why is it a week in and not 3 years like it was before?

It was requested after all the original trouble to reset the timeline, remember? Either way, by now it's three months in, I'll make sure to make mention of that now in the timeline.

Have a deadline on this one Fox? I had the night off and was looking forward to jumping on with everyone. Regardless, happy to hang out till its ready. Thanks for the hard work.

Yeah, we'll be doing about nine-ten MTS time.

Apparently there's a new area in the update.

Will this effect compatibility with Bedford?

It shouldn't effect Bedford. There has been no mention of it.

To All Admins: Check the admin section of the forums or the admin steam group.

On another note: With the new build there is a public box that can be checked so our server shows up in the public server section! :D So yay for that!

Hey, I just got back from my camping trip. I wont be on today 'cause I am just beat. But things look a lot different than it did when I left. I'll try and get caught up. Also why is it a week in and not 3 years like it was before?

It was requested after all the original trouble to reset the timeline, remember? Either way, by now it's three months in, I'll make sure to make mention of that now in the timeline.

Have a deadline on this one Fox? I had the night off and was looking forward to jumping on with everyone. Regardless, happy to hang out till its ready. Thanks for the hard work.

On another note: With the new build there is a public box that can be checked so our server shows up in the public server section! :D So yay for that!

Perhaps change it back once the erosion mod goes multiplayer?

Perhaps change it back once the erosion mod goes multiplayer?

I really wouldn't see a point in changing it back once that happens.

May just be being paranoid... but we may want to be careful with it being public.

Paranoia isn't bad on a game like this. We'll see how a few things go.

And we are now hard resetting and updating.

So while this is down I'll urge people to check out our new Storyline Events on our website! Quest like events that help further our IC story and side plots. This means you all will have a hand in what happens to our server. Ex: Will the military fall or need to be taken down? It's all up to your guys. And as an extra little bonus there will be rewards to each quest line ( such as items, special items, and even mentions in further stories/the time line).

There's a whole tab on it, including the quests on the left hand corner of said tab. Clicking the sections of a quest (as they will tend to have more than one part) will tell you the risks Ie: death ect, rewards, and objective(s) of each part of each quest line.

Enjoy. I've also added a poll on the subject for yay, nay, or an iffy. It's on the front page.

The IC radio chat on the website has also been changed to a better messaging program.

Kill Well and Often, 

FoxalypticWorld