[Hardcore roleplay Server][Includes latest Bedford version] Picking up the Pieces [NO LONGER ONLINE]

FoxalypticWorld

I have been placed in the Viscera Clean-up Crew.

Meaning that corpses will start vanishing but some loot will be left behind.

Also, each corpse might warrant a replacement.

Keeping in mind that as such, isolated corpses might be worth taking a look, is a good thing.

To finish, i might accidentally but strategically drop bags around town. If you find one, enjoy it.

[EDIT] If you think a specific area need some love then let me know about it.

Man, I cant wait till the Erosion mod goes multiplayer. Then this will be epic.

That and the mod the Brutal Monster uses for corpses. I'm excited for both.

I have been placed in the Viscera Clean-up Crew.

Meaning that corpses will start vanishing but some loot will be left behind.

Also, each corpse might warrant a replacement.

Keeping in mind that as such, isolated corpses might be worth taking a look, is a good thing.

To finish, i might accidentally but strategically drop bags around town. If you find one, enjoy it.

[EDIT] If you think a specific area need some love then let me know about it.

Agreed. I've been doing the same, with less bodies and more scenes (IE: campsites, and a particular bag in Mul no one has thought to look at ;P). Bags will interesting titles, just interesting enough for your characters to have a story to tell others later on. Enjoy.

On another note: Bedford Falls has been added to the spawn list, if this gives any problems please notify me. 

Timeline has been updated with current RP events

We have a rumor mill on the website for those of you who want something to be known for any or all towns, we also have a section for your clans. Go ahead and check it out! The more diverse the world becomes the better.

Please check out the saving character method. Build 27 will be coming soon and you don't want to lose your characters, it's recommended you save every hour just in case of a glitch death.

Kill well and often folks.

Just curious if anyone else is having issues connecting to the server today.

I popped in for a bit last night, and it seemed pretty interesting, but today I just get a continuous 'connecting' screen that never says 'connection failed' or goes to load. It actually DID start to load, once, but then it got caught up on 'requesting map information from server'.

So either I'm just unfortunate... or maybe it's down?

It's back up. XD I was alseep, it's morning here.

Also, Admins needed:

You heard right, we may require more admins, due to timezone BS and whatnot. Being an admin would require you to make sure the world is clean of bodies and put a few scenes around a town/each town.

By the time build 27 comes this'll be even easier, as there will be a method to stop hacking and people can move bodies with the build. Then you'll be required to watch out for trouble makers, keep the line of communication open with your other admins, and of course continue our events scenarios (that'd require keeping watch of each year on the timeline].

Of course you'll still have time to play the game, Admining may be hard but it's not a full time job unless you make it. PM if you have any questions/want to apply.

Don't know if I missed it on your webpage, but me and my boyfriend have been playing on your server for a little, under the names of Azure Kami and Akuryou toushin, had a really fun time the roleplay seemed really great, pretty cool server for all intensive purposes. So, first person we meet, pulls a gun out on us and we try to talk to him, he's pointing the gun at my friend so my friend points one back and turns on pvp, without saying anything the player named Joey literally shoots him dead, without a single word, starts calling him an asshole and a dick head, and then tries to shoot me. Looked on the webpage for an admin, or something to report stupid shit like this too the admin but couldn't find anything, if this is how the RP experiences are going to be could I get a response from an admin to let me know so I can try to find a different server : o lost a bunch of shit and experience and time spent into his character over one troll who continued to troll me in chat. So, Pretty aggitated. 

Don't know if I missed it on your webpage, but me and my boyfriend have been playing on your server for a little, under the names of Azure Kami and Akuryou toushin, had a really fun time the roleplay seemed really great, pretty cool server for all intensive purposes. So, first person we meet, pulls a gun out on us and we try to talk to him, he's pointing the gun at my friend so my friend points one back and turns on pvp, without saying anything the player named Joey literally shoots him dead, without a single word, starts calling him an asshole and a dick head, and then tries to shoot me. Looked on the webpage for an admin, or something to report stupid shit like this too the admin but couldn't find anything, if this is how the RP experiences are going to be could I get a response from an admin to let me know so I can try to find a different server : o lost a bunch of shit and experience and time spent into his character over one troll who continued to troll me in chat. So, Pretty aggitated. 

Joey, yes, I remember him. He does RP, he's a robber, robbed me of one bag. I'm inclined to say he shot you because your BF pulled out a gun, and his trolling may have been some bad RP. Regardless, I'll talk to him and make sure it doesn't happen again. Having bandits/raiders in an RP server can be hard, especially with people who are new to the game or RP. We haven't actually had a troll here in forever, but if you ever need an ADMIN just call out in the /y chat, either a long term player or an admin will answer you for sure.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You did save your character, correct? It would prevent you from losing your things (assuming you weren't looted?) and your skill points. It's recommended you save as frequently as you can.

Where do i put the Bedford map?

Unzip the bedford map in Local C/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Zomboid

then overwrite.

Joey, yes, I remember him. He does RP, he's a robber, robbed me of one bag. I'm inclined to say he shot you because your BF pulled out a gun, and his trolling may have been some bad RP. Regardless, I'll talk to him and make sure it doesn't happen again. Having bandits/raiders in an RP server can be hard, especially with people who are new to the game or RP. We haven't actually had a troll here in forever, but if you ever need an ADMIN just call out in the /y chat, either a long term player or an admin will answer you for sure.

Sorry for the inconvenience. You did save your character, correct? It would prevent you from losing your things (assuming you weren't looted?) and your skill points. It's recommended you save as frequently as you can.

then overwrite.

Thanks!!!

then overwrite.

Thanks!!!

Wait, i unzip it and place it just in the Zomboid folder?

then overwrite.

Thanks!!!

then overwrite.

Thanks!!!

Wait, i unzip it and place it just in the Zomboid folder?

Yes, Project Zomboid is the folders name

He was spoken with/read the forum. Be careful not to turn on PVP/pull out a gun when being robbed unless you expect a shoot out. This will happen in most places.

He was spoken with/read the forum. Be careful not to turn on PVP/pull out a gun when being robbed unless you expect a shoot out. This will happen in most places.

No, did not know you could save your character in a game like this. He did loot all the bullets off my friends body though, and he wasn't robbing us, he literally said "Hello." and pointed a gun, so my friend pointed a gun back and turned pvp on thinking that it would be kind of stupid to have to, go through the rp scenario and then have to ask in ooc to activate pvp. Literally the only interaction was maybe a Hello. 

No, did not know you could save your character in a game like this. He did loot all the bullets off my friends body though, and he wasn't robbing us, he literally said "Hello." and pointed a gun, so my friend pointed a gun back and turned pvp on thinking that it would be kind of stupid to have to, go through the rp scenario and then have to ask in ooc to activate pvp. Literally the only interaction was maybe a Hello. 

It's common sense to not turn on pvp until you are gonna shoot. In this game killing a man takes maybe 2 seconds, so when you see the skull it's a red signal. Somebody turns on pvp - you kill him before he kills you.  Understand?

Either way, it's been dealt with. 

Onto other topics. A VPS is very close in the making for this server, so I want to remember everyone to check out the link to save your characters and do it frequently. I'll tell you all when I make the switch/when things will be down. 

Live long and kill often.

This server is very fun, but when will it have a soft reset? The lack of zombies around Bedford makes it a whole lot less interesting. Especially because everyone seems to only be in Bedford.

While a disagree there is a lack of zombies I only give soft resets when people ask for them, that might be done now, of course, it might ave to be a hard reset this time. 

Which leads me onto my next point. A VPS has been bought. The server will be down while it's being set up.This means it'll be getting a new IP as well. I will be testing to see if I can't keep the contents of our server with C/P. 

At that point, if people want a soft reset make sure to post on here or the website.

Me neither, hoping everything gets all fixed up soon. : o I tried to adventure to some other servers but couldn't find one that was rp-ish or as well run as this one. 

Hoping i'm not the only one who'd just want a soft reset for the server <3! -Votes for soft reset.-