Will the game always be called 'Project Zomboid'?

Rikashey

The name seems like a placeholder for something better and more creative.

Project Zomboid doesn't really roll off the tongue.

It doesn't really give much insight to what the game is about either.

Is the current name only a placeholder until the game is complete?

What's wrong with the name? AFAIK we won't know if it's related or not, until we'll get deeper with the story. For all I know it might be some sort of military codename for creating super soldiers or crowd control countermeasures that went wrong.

From urban dictionary:

Zomboids

people who follow the shell of an existence without questioning. Going through the motions because they think its instinctive to do so.

Like "The War Z" changing to "Infestation: Survivor Stories"?

Didn't do much to save it's reputation anyway.  :P

I'm kind of happy with the name.

"Zomboid" really does give hints on what kind of game it is.

Besides... If they changed "Zomboid", they would need to change "Mondoid".

.... I like Mondoid.

The name seems like a placeholder for something better and more creative.

Project Zomboid doesn't really roll off the tough.

It doesn't really give much insight to what the game is about either.

Is the current name only a placeholder until the game is complete?

I have always felt this exact way about the title, even thinking it was a placeholder name while the game is in development. Eventually, it grew on me and now I'd still call it PZ even if they did change the title. 

Maybe it should just be called Zomboid?

Why should it be renamed at all?

Far too late to change the name by now, with all the attention it already has, especially giving up the fairly unique handle "PZ" (not even mentioning the domain, fansites, etc).

Changing the name would come with no benefit at all and would only be counter-productive.

Yeah, the word zomboid in the title gives no hint as to what the game is about what so ever. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It sounds like another generic zombie game.

I didn't get into this game from seeing it on steam. Sure, I saw it featured a few times but didn't think anything of it. The name sure as heck didn't draw me in.

What drew me into this game was a screenshot posted on Reddit of a guy's 1 year old character and safehouse.

If it wasn't for that screenshot then PZ would've been another generic zombie game like so many other's on Steam and would've never looked into it.

Maybe it should just be called Zomboid?

Why should it be renamed at all?

Sounds like a high school project.

Sounds like a high school project.

Ah, that changes everything.

Name will be be changed to appeal to all the users who buy a game for its really cool and hip name in due time.

Disregarding all the past coverage of the game and confusing the masses by rebranding it is clearly the right choice under consideration of the arguments that have been provided.

Archived