FORUM TEST RELEASE: Project Zomboid - Version 2.9.9.14

lemmy101

Found a bunch of stuff today, just about to compile into 1 video.... Just thought I would post first that the "Running on the Spot" Zombies are still in the game. I managed to re-create one by waiting for a zombie to "wander" & then hit the time-lapse.... It seems as though they are getting stuck in their "wandering" animation when the player sleeps

NOTE: This doesn't work if they are moving because they are agro'd.... It has to be when they are "Wandering"

Sheet rope instadeath seems already fixed in 2.9.9.13

I just had a sheet rope instadeath in 2.9.9.13.      So it may be still there.

NE farmhouse, 2cd floor, N hallway window.   1 sheetrope, nail and hammer.   Nothing below and no zeds.     Could it be that I didnt have two sheetropes in inventory so it becomes an auto death slide?   I don't know.

So that's the Farmhouse without a well.... the one near the train station, Right?

I was testing the consumables in 2.9.9.14 today (the nails still aren't being consumed) & there was no instadeath.... no matter how many sheetropes in inventory

This could be because of the godmode in 2.9.9.14 though....

Robert Johnson, hats off to you, and the other Programmers.

In my job i start to puke everytime i see some Red Line at the end of Running my Program.

And how you must feel having problems rain on to you from everywhere.

It must feel kinda like a Zombie Apocalypse in the world of Information Managment.

Very nice work. Thanks.

Thanks Robert - I can totally die now :)  Surprised camping.lua was the culprit, curious to know the root cause.  But thanks for the dedication, I think making sure there's a hot fix for an preview release to an alpha release while you've got two jobs is certainly at least beer worthy....

Thanks Robert - I can totally die now :)  Surprised camping.lua was the culprit, curious to know the root cause.  But thanks for the dedication, I think making sure there's a hot fix for an preview release to an alpha release while you've got two jobs is certainly at least beer worthy....

Yeah, I'm gonna dig a hole and hide inside for a while... I'm feeling so ashamed :(

Working so hard and commit such things, baah, it's gonne be better when I'll have only PZ to focus on :(

Sheet rope instadeath seems already fixed in 2.9.9.13

I just had a sheet rope instadeath in 2.9.9.13.      So it may be still there.

NE farmhouse, 2cd floor, N hallway window.   1 sheetrope, nail and hammer.   Nothing below and no zeds.     Could it be that I didnt have two sheetropes in inventory so it becomes an auto death slide?   I don't know.

So that's the Farmhouse without a well.... the one near the train station, Right?

I was testing the consumables in 2.9.9.14 today (the nails still aren't being consumed) & there was no instadeath.... no matter how many sheetropes in inventory

This could be because of the godmode in 2.9.9.14 though....

That Sooooo Weird :wacko:

Sheetrope instadeath is fixed, even with god mode off but this one window still has it..... :huh:

Hi,

Would just like to report a sheet rope-bug. When standing on the other side of a wall with a sheet-rope, for example standing inside a house next to a wall-piece that has a sheet rope on the outside, you can "teleport" outside and climb the sheet-rope by facing said wall-piece and pressing "e".

to illustrate further:

x = player,

| = wall,

o = sheet rope,

I stand like this, facing the wall with the sheet-rope on the other side:

x|o

I now press the interact button (e) and get teleported to the other side of the wall:

|x

Sheetrope instadeath is fixed, even with god mode off but this one window still has it..... :huh:

Can you give me a screnshot or a pzmap link to the instadeath window ? Thanks :D

My bad.... I've tested it so many times today I'm confusing myself. The first time I tested both hanging a sheetrope with 1 in inventory & then 2 in inventory, god mode was on.

Hang a sheetrope anywhere with only 1 in your inventory & you will get an instadeath.... You just need to fix the consumable check on hanging one & it will be fine..... although even with 2 in your inventory, only 1 of them will be consumed & the nail still isn't being consumed

Can you give me a screnshot or a pzmap link to the instadeath window ? Thanks :D

My bad.... I've tested it so many times today I'm confusing myself. The first time I tested both hanging a sheetrope with 1 in inventory & then 2 in inventory, god mode was on.

Hang a sheetrope anywhere with only 1 in your inventory & you will get an instadeath.... You just need to fix the consumable check on hanging one & it will be fine..... although even with 2 in your inventory, only 1 of them will be consumed & the nail still isn't being consumed

All info on this video:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPlfM6_Ekes

hi, im dumbfounded.

how do you use a sheetrope on a second floor window?

with my 3x sheetrope in my home inventory, i always right click on a window.

it just shows option:

close window

climb through window

add sheet (i have an extra sheet)

i tried climbing through window and voila, i fell on the ground. but theres God mode right?

sorry, im an old player returning back, thought of helping you guys

hi, im dumbfounded.

how do you use a sheetrope on a second floor window?

with my 3x sheetrope in my home inventory, i always right click on a window.

it just shows option:

close window

climb through window

add sheet (i have an extra sheet)

i tried climbing through window and voila, i fell on the ground. but theres God mode right?

sorry, im an old player returning back, thought of helping you guys

You need a nail in your inventory

Alright.... So I've got some minor Animation stuff but if your on top of the sheetropes & Zeds running on the spot, that's just about everything.... I hope :unsure:

Some of the Beard animations are playing the wrong direction in certain positions.... Character moves one direction, Beard moves the other. I've recorded some of the MuttonChop/Sideburns Beard here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdeuLAuAKUM&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLChb52_Ylr73C7AgTDdy7s7radVJUA67R

I know for a fact that the goatee has similar issues & once I got thinking about it I was noticing it on zombies with moustaches.... They all seem to boil down to the wrong beard animation being played at the wrong time 

Also, I'm sure this has been said in previous builds but there are still issues with only the clothing displaying when a Zed jumps a fence & Zeds "phasing" through fences. Again, if it hasn't been said before, I've recorded some of these here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWENgLVNaB4&list=PLChb52_Ylr73C7AgTDdy7s7radVJUA67R

Good Job with everything else.... Haven't tested food yet but nailed baseball bats definitely keep the durability of the original baseball bat & batteries aren't draining while the torch is turned off.

I personally haven't had any issues with the shaders, so I wouldn't know about that.

So yeah.... hopefully that's everything

Zombie spawns are still completely weird. The first days it was all OK but after a while everytime I woke up my garden was surrounded with dozens of zombies, I couldn't lure the horde away since they seem to always respawn exactly in my garden everytime I get back.

I play on low zombie population.