Necromancers

Rikashey

My suggestion is that when alarms (craftable/useable) are implemented there should be a Spy/Alarm shop named Necromancer's home security.

Their slogan: Alarms so loud they'll raise the dead!

It's something ironic, funny, and subtle.

Part of the ironic part is that you'd be using alarms to move the dead to a different location. Somewhat like a necromancer or puppeteer.

My suggestion is that when alarms (craftable/useable) are implemented there should be a Spy/Alarm shop named Necromancer's home security shop.

Their slogan: Our alarms are so loud they'll raise the dead!.

Ironic maybe...funny and subtle, not so much.

I've just been informed in another thread (not too funny or humorously) that there will apparently be no shops in PZ.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but mine got rained on, so I'm sharing the love. :P

There shouldn't need to be shops for alarms...and what the heck man, the power's out!

Your "alarms" are going to be empty soup cans strung up on a piece of twine, or a shottie with a string on the trigger attached to the front door (which you've conveniently left unlocked).

My suggestion is that when alarms (craftable/useable) are implemented there should be a Spy/Alarm shop named Necromancer's home security shop.

Their slogan: Our alarms are so loud they'll raise the dead!.

Ironic maybe...funny and subtle, not so much.

I've just been informed in another thread (not too funny or humorously) that there will apparently be no shops in PZ.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but mine got rained on, so I'm sharing the love. :P

There shouldn't need to be shops for alarms...and what the heck man, the power's out!

Your "alarms" are going to be empty soup cans strung up on a piece of twine, or a shottie with a string on the trigger attached to the front door (which you've conveniently left unlocked).

By shop I mean abandoned shops and buildings such as the ones already in-game. Y'know, like the gas station, food markets, self storage, etc.

There should be a shop for alarms considering so many houses have them yet there's no home security shop in either towns.

You gave me another idea. There could possibly be a Tech skill that as you increase it, allows you to make better types of alarms. At first you can only make soup cans connected to twine alarms but after leveling the skill up you're able to craft better and louder alarms using a Screwdriver + TVs, microwaves, radios, phones, etc. + batteries. I mean, there could even be a profession that is more technical oriented than physical.

Something like that would work. I seem to recall something, possibly a mod discussion, or maybe just a suggestion, about being able to find walky-talkies, that you could set up as diversions / noisemakers to get zombies away from your house.

Not sure how complicated it'd be to integrate them into some kind of alarm system, though.

I think a lot of these "techie" things that people suggest are going to be very limited. I mean, if you're relying on batteries, let's go with this example. (let's assume there are no generators yet)

A battery might last a few days. You have found 5 batteries.

That means you have, at most, about 4 weeks of use out of whatever you're using them in.

Then what? Unless you find more batteries, all that experience you've put into your "tech" skill (at the expense of blades, carpentry, nimble, etc.) is now completely and utterly useless.

What fun.

Not to mention, if someone else (either an npc or another player) had a similar tech skill...what's to stop them from disabling your alarm system and slaughtering you while you sleep?

I'll stick with my soup cans on a string and a shotgun by my bed, thanks.

Something like that would work. I seem to recall something, possibly a mod discussion, or maybe just a suggestion, about being able to find walky-talkies, that you could set up as diversions / noisemakers to get zombies away from your house.

Not sure how complicated it'd be to integrate them into some kind of alarm system, though.

I think a lot of these "techie" things that people suggest are going to be very limited. I mean, if you're relying on batteries, let's go with this example. (let's assume there are no generators yet)

A battery might last a few days. You have found 5 batteries.

That means you have, at most, about 4 weeks of use out of whatever you're using them in.

Then what? Unless you find more batteries, all that experience you've put into your "tech" skill (at the expense of blades, carpentry, nimble, etc.) is now completely and utterly useless.

What fun.

Not to mention, if someone else (either an npc or another player) had a similar tech skill...what's to stop them from disabling your alarm system and slaughtering you while you sleep?

I'll stick with my soup cans on a string and a shotgun by my bed, thanks.

Batteries are almost as common as nails. You can find tons of them at warehouses and homes. At the moment I don't think they have any use. I don't see a problem with investing skill points into a tech type skill. There are plenty of batteries throughout the game world. If you ran into a shortage of them it wouldn't be any different than running short of nails. There's no need to be afraid that you'd end up wasting skill points on a tech skill anyways. Right now you can obtain well over 20 skill points and have nothing to put them in.

Yeah...

<.<

As long as you aren't me. I haven't gotten a grand total of even 5 skill points yet....

but that's beside the point!

Consider if the devs added in several ways you could use batteries, I'm pretty positive they'd decrease the number of spawns to make it harder on you. That just seems like common sense, and the way they do things.

Yeah...

<.<

As long as you aren't me. I haven't gotten a grand total of even 5 skill points yet....

but that's beside the point!

Consider if the devs added in several ways you could use batteries, I'm pretty positive they'd decrease the number of spawns to make it harder on you. That just seems like common sense, and the way they do things.

They wouldn't have to decrease the spawn if they just adjusted the requirements to make higher quality alarms.

1-2 batteries required for level 2-3 alarms. 3-6 batteries required for level 4-5 alarms.

Aw... I thought this was going to be about actual necromancers. Would make a nice addition alongside dragons and all. :(

They're not really adding dragons are they?

Batteries are already used in flashlights btw.

That's good since batteries can be used for different types of devices in real life.

Aw... I thought this was going to be about actual necromancers. Would make a nice addition alongside dragons and all. :(

They're not really adding dragons are they?

Yeah huge ones like the welsh flag kind and all that, big red bastards that'll come and burn your house down if you so much as have a mouse with diarrhoea running around your poor little burnable safe house and leaving its faecal matter all over the place.

That's what I thought, but I haven't had occasion to use a flashlight yet, tbh. :P

Yeah I don't see a need for one. Maybe if you were able to use it when equipped to the secondary slot but primary slot is just too essential for a flashlight.

obviously you have not considered using a flashlight on a pole to light up your garden/courtyard at your safehouse.

whether you see a use for it or not, many other players actually do find a use for them.

obviously you have not considered using a flashlight on a pole to light up your garden/courtyard at your safehouse.

whether you see a use for it or not, many other players actually do find a use for them.

Does the light help them grow?

it's a flashlight....not fertilizer...or the sun

Then what's the point of it? I build my gardens on the roof for a reason.

the reason is to light up the yard, like sfy said. so you could peek out of the window and see if there'S something infront of your house i.e

the reason is to light up the yard, like sfy said. so you could peek out of the window and see if there'S something infront of your house i.e

Don't the lights draw zombies?

i guess if something get's through your outer perimeter wall into your frontyard, it's close enough to deal with it. standing outside in the dark without a lightpost would be more dangerous

i guess if something get's through your outer perimeter wall into your frontyard, it's close enough to deal with it. standing outside in the dark without a lightpost would be more dangerous

Kinda wondering... do the lights that you setup ever run out? I mean, do you have to replace the batteries/flashlights or whatever?

That's what I thought, but I haven't had occasion to use a flashlight yet, tbh. :P

Yeah I don't see a need for one. Maybe if you were able to use it when equipped to the secondary slot but primary slot is just too essential for a flashlight.

Luckily, you can put it in the secondary slot =D