Military Proffession Idea

Josko

Here's a list of what professions can be found in the code already... I think it's pretty likely that these will be at somepoint implemented.

PoliceOfficer, ParkRanger, ConstructionWorker, MilitarySoldier, MilitaryOfficer, SecurityGuard, FireOfficer, Salesperson, ITWorker, OfficeWorker, Unemployed, TruckDriver, Farmer, Cashier, ShopClerk, FastFoodCook, Cook, Chef, Burglar, Drugdealer, Nurse, Doctor, Waiter, CustomerService, Janitor, Secretary, Bookkeeper, Accountant, Teacher

It is truly fun to quote thyself.

Also profession suggestions can be made to other threads that already exist on the subject. ;) Please use the search function before doing a suggestion. Also if you haven't, read the stickied posts on the suggestions forum.

And lastly since your new here, welcome to the forums. Great to have ya! (clyde) (clyde) (clyde)

Honestly a soldier would likely be an overpowered class to have...and would most likely include multiple traits or something to even seem accurate...something like a watered down athletic or strong (or both) + some sort of gun trait (such as the policemans marksman trait) + resistance to panic...this is of course assuming you are speaking of someone from an infantry unit. Adding a non infantry soldier class seems silly...all that said I would imagine that some classes will naturally be easier than others. I imagine soldier should be one of the easiest.

If there's any sort of panic-reduction buff for a soldier class player character, it would be related to GUNFIRE, not zombies.

Think about it. You've been trained to fight with guns blazing all over the place, might have even gone on tour a few times to the middle-east or something. Being shot/shot at shouldn't scare you as much as a civilian. Now, seeing a horde of rotting corpses coming around the corner, never blinking, never stopping as you put round after round into the horde, but there's just too many...

A survival, planning/strategy, leadership or ingenuity perk could also work for a soldier character, but I do agree they should have access to their uniform (or at least bits of it) anyway. A pair of combat boots would be invaluable in the zombie apocalypse.

Did this topic get moved from PZ Suggestions? I fail to see how PZ Suggestions & its stickies are relevant to MOD Suggestions.... or the planned professions for the vannila game for that matter :huh:

There are no other profession suggestions in MOD Suggestions.....

Professions are a little un-abitious for my tastes so I'll pass on working on this one ;)

I have made 3 military style factions for my Resident Evil mod, it is hard to keep them balanced without being too over-powered. 

I have settled for;
Black ops style unit - make less noise, more alert whilst asleep

Biohazard team, are used to these circumstances/trained for it - less prone to disease and less panic
Swat style team - marksman and lucky (seemed the only vanilla trait that suited)

Each start off with a combat vest (a container for your back), combat knife (slightly better than kitchen knife, but much more durable) and their own specialized pistol (slightly better than vanilla pistol, much more durable).

I can see how a military profession would have an advantage, but if you think they are too over powered you can always tweak the zombies in sandbox to suit. 

You could mod your own specialized weapons for the game, and say make 4 troop types, each troop simply spawns with a specific gun that can't be found elsewhere. (sniper,MG,Explosive) That would be a fun implementation, especially for MP.