What should Kate and Baldspot call them? (if anything)

MadDan

Since the Devs are going Romero style, I'm gonna say "them" or "those things"... eg.

"Help me get these sheets on the windows so those things outside can't see us"

"There's not too many of them out there now but keep making too much noise & that will change"

If you think about it, that's actually the way people talk.... How many times a day do you use the word human? You take your dog for a walk, How many times do you use the word dog?

I actually think anything else will make the dialogue appear cheesy & intentionally avoiding a name for them would make for some pretty interesting creative writing :)

EDIT:

"I don't need protection, I took out three of them on the way here"

Further more avoiding a name for them allows the player to fill in the gaps themselves & call them whatever they want, just like avoiding the lore ;)

I disliked SOTD :P

Since the Devs are going Romero style, I'm gonna say "them" or "those things"... eg.

"Help me get these sheets on the windows so those things outside can't see us"

"There's not too many of them out there now but keep making too much noise & that will change"

If you think about it, that's actually the way people talk.... How many times a day do you use the word human? You take your dog for a walk, How many times do you use the word dog?

I actually think anything else will make the dialogue appear cheesy & intentionally avoiding a name for them would make for some pretty interesting creative writing :)

EDIT:

"I don't need protection, I took out three of them on the way here"

Further more avoiding a name for them allows the player to fill in the gaps themselves & call them whatever they want, just like avoiding the lore ;)

True, I guess a lot of ZGames fed me with a name for 'them'. Despite no other being as realistic as Zomboid. Thinking of most of the games that did use names for them, they were mostly using "special" types of infected. 

Great points though, as just like Rathlord and I don't like Zomboids, it would be practically forcing us to name them something we don't want to. Or try to ignore every encounter that has their name on it.

Essentially I was thinking that there might be a barrier during some point and a name could fix it, but maybe it would be fine without naming them anything, at least in-game. :D 

Well, as the game has it practically in the title, I'd say they should call them Zomboids.

Though ISTR someone suggesting to rename PZ into "This is how you died." because he like that line so much.

Keep the suggestions coming :)

Anyway, what about Zoids? :D

Then we could play "avoid the zoid" ;)

I agree with "them", as I also like to think that there's no pop-culture including zombie films in these sort of games or movies. It chews away from the immersion if they know what to call them. Just like Don Rosa's Donald Ducks are (or should I say were :cry:) based on the 50's. It's the thing that keeps it somewhat credible and true to the original idea.

About the zomboid thing though, it wouldn't surprise me if people started calling them zomboids as this sort of thing happens a lot in pop culture... Just as an example, Alice Cooper was originally the name of the band, but everyone just thought it was the name of the singer so it stuck. I wouldn't like to call them zomboids either as it's a bit of a silly name imo to be in a horrorish game, but as I said it wouldn't surprise me.

If I remember correctly, they would call them, 'them'.

Dun dun dun.

It's actually "Them™"

Can't infringe on that copyright.

OT: What's wrong with just calling them zombies? That's what they are in the end. :P

it was actually candymen but since candy was copyrighted the stone had to move it over to "Them™"

Essentially I was thinking that there might be a barrier during some point and a name could fix it, but maybe it would be fine without naming them anything, at least in-game. :D

I wouldn't mind different people using different descriptives if there was absolutely no way to write around it. A medical examiner would be more likely to refer to them as a descriptive observation, "re-animated corpse" for example, while a news reporter would be more likely to name them in a way that everyone would know exactly what they were, "flesh-eating ghouls" (Romero Again :D)

I seriously doubt there would be many people on the planet who would be zen/chill enough to give a pet name to the monsters outside that are trying to eat them alive

• 2 weeks later...