What have you been playing?

Austin

I've been playing a lot of Kerbal Space Program recently. The 0.21 update brought a lot of new features, it's crazy how far it's gone since when I first bought it in very early alpha. 

Other than that I have been playing Saints Row the Third, and Grand Theft Auto IV (along with EFLC) in preparation for GTA5.

I also have a huge stash of indie games I have been meaning to play somewhere on my desktop  :geek:

As of right now, I've been playing a lot of the 3 D's, Dota, Danganronpa, and, uh, well, da KIngdom Hearts.

You just listed my favorite game of all time, a game I play when I'm bored, and a game I've never heard of. I'll leave you guys to guess which is which XD

My guess is you don't know what Danganronpa is because it's a Japanese game.  Next, I'll guess that KH doesn't have much replay value, but is still a great game so I'll say that is your favorite.  That just leaves Dota.  I'll have my coins now

Elementary, my dear Watson.

Edit: We don't believe in coins in these here parts. Here, take a kitchen instead.

Been playing a lot of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Natural Selection 2 these days.

To survive night missions with 100% survival, depend on smoke grenades and flares, with a large number of high reaction-time characters.

. . . Suddenly I seem to be playing a game, now.

I'm currently thinking about buying Kerbal Space Program. Anyone here recommend it?

Every time I see the name on Steam I'm like "Ugh, that sounds silly" but then I was thinking about it at work today... and maybe it's not. I, too, am curious to hear a recommendation.

Edit: And now I see they have 5 videos up on the Steam page and none of them are gameplay trailers and I'm instantly uninterested again. No gameplay trailer ---> scam. Easy as that. Especially with a nearly $ 25 pricetag. Any game that's too scared to put up a gameplay trailer in this day and age doesn't deserve my money.

Every time I see the name on Steam I'm like "Ugh, that sounds silly" but then I was thinking about it at work today... and maybe it's not. I, too, am curious to hear a recommendation.

Edit: And now I see they have 5 videos up on the Steam page and none of them are gameplay trailers and I'm instantly uninterested again. No gameplay trailer ---> scam. Easy as that. Especially with a nearly $ 25 pricetag. Any game that's too scared to put up a gameplay trailer in this day and age doesn't deserve my money.

Sometimes they aren't all too bad.

My Kerbal recommendation is found here: http://imgur.com/a/ZYX6v

U4w1C.png

That looks amazing. Tell me, does the game have FPS issues? Just wondering, I don't have an all too great computer. My processor sucks.

It just pisses me off on principle. The only possible reason to not post a gameplay video is if you're ashamed of your own gameplay, and that's not a game that I want to buy. They're obviously not limited by space (how could they possibly need their Steam announcement video... on Steam?). What other reason could there be other than a startling lack of insight (which is equally distressing). I'll admit, it looks fun. It looks like something I would enjoy. But I've fallen for that before.

It just pisses me off on principle. The only possible reason to not post a gameplay video is if you're ashamed of your own gameplay, and that's not a game that I want to buy. They're obviously not limited by space (how could they possibly need their Steam announcement video... on Steam?). What other reason could there be other than a startling lack of insight (which is equally distressing). I'll admit, it looks fun. It looks like something I would enjoy. But I've fallen for that before.

True, a company shouldn't be ashamed to show actual gameplay of there game. But, maybe the game itself is too slow for a gameplay trailer? If they were to create a gameplay trailer maybe they could show rockets launching and maybe landing on the moon as well, but, the video would be quite short.

True, a company shouldn't be ashamed to show actual gameplay of there game. But, maybe the game itself is too slow for a gameplay trailer? If they were to create a gameplay trailer maybe they could show rockets launching and maybe landing on the moon as well, but, the video would be quite short.

I've seen several very well-done videos with slow moving content fast-forwarded. This shows you what the actual graphics and gameplay are like without being boring. Conversely, you can do it at normal speed while a voiceover explains features and what is happening, cutting between multiple scenes to quickly illustrate what might be normally slow moving content.

I've seen several very well-done videos with slow moving content fast-forwarded. This shows you what the actual graphics and gameplay are like without being boring. Conversely, you can do it at normal speed while a voiceover explains features and what is happening, cutting between multiple scenes to quickly illustrate what might be normally slow moving content.

Well, true.

It can be demanding; it depends on the size of the ship you build (the more parts, the more physics calculations). There are plugins to slow down real-time to compensate, but it's hard to say how impacted your game would be.

As to a gameplay video . . . it'd . . . be very short. Pop a bunch of components together, hit launch, and ride it until it explodes or makes it into stable orbit. Others set their own challenges (making it to Mun, getting to other planets, building stations), but it's all very free-form and depends heavily on mods.

Well if it's a short on content I'd like to know that, too. They could always splice together clips of various crafts' successes and failures. I mean anything, really. Maybe it's just a pet peeve, or maybe I've just been burnt too many times. Always a cynic.

Well if it's a short on content I'd like to know that, too. They could always splice together clips of various crafts' successes and failures. I mean anything, really. Maybe it's just a pet peeve, or maybe I've just been burnt too many times. Always a cynic.

Think "early minecraft, but in space" then, without multiplayer.

Now you know.

It's a pretty "big" investment if it's not your thing.

Development is also sort of a slow-burner.

And now I see they have 5 videos up on the Steam page and none of them are gameplay trailers and I'm instantly uninterested again. No gameplay trailer ---> scam. Easy as that. Especially with a nearly $ 25 pricetag. Any game that's too scared to put up a gameplay trailer in this day and age doesn't deserve my money.

Their youtube channel has gameplay trailers, they are kind off outdated though

example if your interested

Kerbal Space Program is an amazing space simulator, albeit amazingly complex.

It's very early Alpha, even the tutorials are not completed, yet.

I can never land on the Mun :(

I'm currently thinking about buying Kerbal Space Program. Anyone here recommend it?

If you enjoy planting your space shuttle into the ground at 1000m/s, oh yes. But seriously, it's quite an epic achievement for an indie game. First thought I had when I opened it was 'Holee crap, it's Spore's space stage on steroids!". A learning curve of a cliff too. 

Anyone strategy buffs here? Just picked up Wargame: Airland Battle. 'Tis a darn fine strategy game, can be complex though. 750 real world 70s-80s authentically modeled units are hard to pass up. :D

Which, by the way, is soooo much better in 3D... *glances up nervously*