cars,helicopter,and.....pony's.:P

ac30fspad35

so here's my idea's

cars:small cars:easy to hot wire and fast but not enough storage

cars:trucks:easy to hot wire and has alot of storage but not fast.

cars:electric cars:hard to hot wire but would work well with my solar panel idea and would be silent.

helicopters: you would first have to fine the keys on one of the dead mechanics or on the wall in the office then you would have to get the fuel which would be easy to find since its in a tanker,then the final thing you have to do is to get a book that's called the the "laws of aerodynamics" then you could fly the helicopter it would be a great means of transportation going from city to city.

pony's: you could fine them at the farm of course you would need to tame,feed,and break them.

so that's my idea's what do you guys think. :geek:

well i was thinking about a sort of profession like a pilot and it might work if you had sort of like a map that had land marks and if you hit on one like a building you would magically fly over there and land without the flying animation.

as for the pony's...............c'mon guys really.

Honestly, I think having cars is pushing things a bit far as it is, at least as far as having 'working and useable' vehicles. But ponies, helicopters? C'mon. At that rate, and by that thought process, we might as well have bicycles and skateboards, too. The devs have enough game functionality to work out and fix and really don't need to worry about transportation. Flying is just not necessary.

Flying anything, let alone a helicopter, is a skill that takes a long time to learn - and reading a book about isn't going to make you good at it. It takes finesse to handle an aircraft, and helicopters are notoriously... touchy. This game would become something far different if flight were introduced, and I really don't want to play a flight sim.

I think adding that kind of stuff is just more pointless work and game-function than this game needs.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3991-vehicals/?hl=cars

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

You present some interesting ideas at least when it comes to the idea of cars, and hot wiring but you would require the knowledge to do so, which I think some people would lack.

I would put a firm no on helicopters for an entire set of reasons. However as far as I am aware devs haven't completely ruled them out yet.

Hot wiring is pretty unrealistic, even if you did know how, on most new cars its impossible.

Farm animals have been brought up a few times, they would be too hard to feed/care for, attract zombies and zombies would spook them. (there are more reason that I can't remember, might be able to search for topics) Best bet would be a goat though.

Bicycles are planned, probably not skateboards though. 

Don't see why skateboards would be excluded.

wait im not saying you would fly it im saying that you could get inside the helicopter and then a map would pop up and you would touch a landmark in kentucky when the games bugs are fixed.

oh and im a private pilot.

...... what.

I think he's talking about a fast travel type system. And the second part is I'm assuming him justifying his knowledge on this subject.

wait im not saying you would fly it im saying that you could get inside the helicopter and then a map would pop up and you would touch a landmark in kentucky when the games bugs are fixed.

oh and im a private pilot.

...... what.

He's talking about fast travel, not actually controlling the helicopter.....

I'm not sure what people are talking about with helicopter mechanics.... It wouldn't be the first time we had helicopters in isometric games..... Remember this

IMO the issue with helicopters is, it would fuck with the metagame.... IIRC the game starts with the quarantining of Knox county, why not fly out of the quarantine zone? why not fly off to some remote island?

As for horses.... I would love to have horses, Its rural Kentucky ffs. Doesn't anyone remember that hilarious post about putting a donkey in ya herd o cattle so they can lead 'em out of a holla when the rains come :P

Well I live about 40-50 minutes south of Muldraugh, I might of even been through it before without realizing... I tend to not pay attention to signs, I grew up in Kentucky so everything looks more or less the same. Run down houses in the poorer parts of town and fancy houses with well kept yards in the richer part of town. xD 

Weed is a pretty big thing here (at least in my area, but like I said, i'm an hour away...) and people having moonshine isn't uncommon at all. Neither is people knowing how to make it or knowing how to make a still... Pickups are pretty common since a lot of people around here are farmers and those that aren't are wannabe rednecks. Drugs aren't exactly uncommon, weed is the most common though. Tobacco use is common as well, even with kids who aren't in high school yet. Cattle and horses are common, goats are becoming increasingly common (they require a much smaller pasture size so people with just a few acres can have their own goats no problem, where as cattle take something like two acres per head I think?)

You will also find a donkey mixed in with a herd of cattle, since anyone who has ever dealt with them can tell you they are literally the stupidest animals on the planet. They've been known to stay in a holler during heavy rains and when the holler fills up they end up drowning.... Dumb animals.. But for some unknown reason they follow donkeys.. So if they donkey realizes it's about to die, it runs away when a cow would just stand there. A pretty good way to keep your cattle alive. Oh and beef cattle are the most common, although there are dairy cows.

In my area there's also tobacco farms, quite a few of them... There's also a farm I go by daily that grows corn as well, and I think soy beans when the seasons' right. I usually see deer off in the distance in the field after harvest (it's hard to see over corn that's taller than you :P) There's also a well known haunted house in a town pretty close by (I got through said town on my way to school) it might be a nice addition to the game later on, or when mapping tools are released I may re-create that town (and the town I live in) I would love to be able to do that! :3

Anyway, sorry for getting off track... But yea that's all I can think of off the top of my head... 

Granted, horses and pack animals, as well as domestic farm animals, make far more sense than a helicopter. Although, as it's been said, they'll just attract Zed and can quickly become a burden without heavy fortification and/or a dedicated community to defend and care for them.

Like I said, practicality is irrelevant there.... The moment the game got set in Muldraugh, Kentucky a few things got decided by implication alone.... The game NEEDS horses, The game NEEDS cowboy hats, The game NEEDS revolvers & hunting rifles & seriously..... where the fuck is the fried chicken :P

EDIT:

The game will NEVER be complete unless it get gets that little bit of character

Like I said, practicality is irrelevant there.... The moment the game got set in Muldraugh, Kentucky a few things got decided by implication alone.... The game NEEDS horses, The game NEEDS cowboy hats, The game NEEDS revolvers & hunting rifles & seriously..... where the fuck is the fried chicken :P

EDIT:

The game will NEVER be complete unless it get gets that little bit of character

Yes, that's what I meant, it would be fine to have them implemented, they just wouldn't be useful.

Having a fast travel helicopter would be a nice feature... If it is used appropriately. Say, as a narrative element. Military assistance? Nope. You've been picked up and transported for... observation. And then the chopper goes down. Hard. News chopper picking up survivors and attempting to flee the quarantine zone? Someone on board is about to turn, or the tail rotor's about to be shot off by the military.

It's a bit cliché, but having that chance at safety, only for it to be ruined, is a pretty major thing in any zombie literature/game/etc. Hell. Having a metagame event where a helicopter comes in overhead, autorotating due to some calamity, hitting the ground hard, scattering supplies all over, pulling hordes as the munitions/fuel on board start to cook off... I'd buy that.

Hell, if the Sadist AI Director gets cranked up to eleven, the helicopter would plough into that lovely fortress you spent the last few months building. Time to move! :P