Spiked heads to warn survivors of danger

kinyoshi

Yes, I want to be able to kill a survivor, cut his (or her to be fair to both sexes) head off and jab it onto a spike and set the spike into the ground...

Oh, and with zombies too..

Edit: When an npc survivor sees this spike, depending on if it's a zombie or a human, will know if the area is friendly. Human head means not friendly, zombie head is friendly.

Zombies will eat either head off of the spike if they find it, eventually cutting their head off from eating the spike, killing them.

Edited by kinyoshi

This would be a feature that would be implemented at a later point, I can imagine.

I like the idea.

It doesn't really come with that much value to gameplay, though, so I'd say add it when the game is more fleshed out and separating extremities is in the game.

Also, I don't think NPCs would be able to tell if it's the head of a Zombie or a "normal" dead person in 90% of the cases?!

I'd like to have it. Even if only for...decorative reasons...

This would be a feature that would be implemented at a later point, I can imagine.

I like the idea.

It doesn't really come with that much value to gameplay, though, so I'd say add it when the game is more fleshed out and separating extremities is in the game.

Also, I don't think NPCs would be able to tell if it's the head of a Zombie or a "normal" dead person in 90% of the cases?!

I'd like to have it. Even if only for...decorative reasons...

Well before the human head starts to rot, you could tell. I mean the zombies are fucking green and all slimy and chunks are missing, whereas a human who hasn't been munched on looks... Human.

However maybe there could be a "rot" mechanic where heads slowly decay and just sorta go away over time. Zombies are already rotten, human heads are normal. So human heads rot away slower than zombie heads, and once a human head starts to rot, it changes to a zombie head texture.

Well before the human head starts to rot, you could tell. I mean the zombies are fucking green and all slimy and chunks are missing, whereas a human who hasn't been munched on looks... Human.

However maybe there could be a "rot" mechanic where heads slowly decay and just sorta go away over time. Zombies are already rotten, human heads are normal. So human heads rot away slower than zombie heads, and once a human head starts to rot, it changes to a zombie head texture.

Well there is that pickling mod...

• 4 weeks later...

Rathlord made a post about mental health so if that is implemented perhaps this could contribute to insanity, surely continually cutting off your comrades heads can't be healthy for the mind.

perhaps you can get a trait that's something like "already insane" so cutting off heads doesn't affect you, or something like Psychopath I dunno.