Starbound

TheCenturion

So... anybody else looking forward to the beta tomorrow or somewhere thereabouts? I've half watched it since the kickstarter, beta backed it and such, but I'm not sure what to expect from it. I've never been entirely into Terraria, but the whole sci-fi/random everything caught my attention. 

It doesn't help their community seems to be made up of an army of children, however (though that might be stupid coming from me :P ). Could be wrong, that's the impression I got after their announcement though. 

So yeah. Anybody else backed it? 

kickstarter has only one payment method and we don't use mastercard or visa in germany for payments (we have EC, PayPal etc.).

so i'm waiting for the steam release tody to buy me in. it really looks like terraria in space, or windforge - hope i feels like that.

kickstarter has only one payment method and we don't use mastercard or visa in germany for payments (we have EC, PayPal etc.).

so i'm waiting for the steam release tody to buy me in. it really looks like terraria in space, or windforge - hope i feels like that.

We do use them, they're just not as widely spread as in the US or UK.

I usually don't back anything game-related on Kickstarter. Terraria wasn't my thing, either, so I decided to hold off until I can watch streams or videos.

I remember something along time ago by i thought the makers of terraria that they were gonna make something like this.

Ya, looking at the videos there does seem to be alot of stuff. We'll see i guess.

I actually found a game on steam called, Craft the world. Its alot like territia with style of play.  Now i played that and it was really fun. Ive played it more in the last couple days then i have in my entire time of Terraria.

never heard of craft the worlds. looks very fancy, but also more limited due to the bigger block size. how deep is the gameplay?

never heard of craft the worlds. looks very fancy, but also more limited due to the bigger block size. how deep is the gameplay?

I think i read 30 blocks going up, i havent found a end yet going side to side or diging down. Ill do some more playing with it in a few days as i just bought starbound and am reading up on commands and messing around.

Ya, i ran into craft the worlds by accident while i was trying to find a OLD ui mod for gnomoria. It only came out like a week or so ago, so its pretty new.  Only single player right now, not sure on there roadmap.

Interesting. Because in your previous post you said:

I doesn't really sound lie my cup of tea.

You know, I just asked because I don't know if it's my tea, too. Especially because I'm a coffee drinker and also never played that Terraria thing. Nevertheless, I think I could enjoy it.

I bought it without really looking at it. terraria 2, it's cool.

Wanna play MP, anyone? Add me on steam.

I want to but damn pirated copies 

(I can still join servers)

I ended up on a Forest-y planet in a small system with only one other planet: A threat level 5 snow planet. I'm chilling in a small wooden hut atop a hill as of now, scraping by. I'll post a screenshot later when I'm playing.

Also, if I can get a server going some of you guys can hop in with me if you want.

Somehow I'm missing the rpg-elements in this game :(

Oh it's there. 

Been playing for a few days now, and it is rather hard and somewhat repetitive 

Silver pickaxe is rather slow in diging up that sort of block, but well said.

Also, to give more insight, it is a big fort with humans who are aggressive on sight and one has a gun that I desperately want.