Top Safe House

Vista Chino

I quite like Corman Medical cause it has a lot of good items and a fridge which is key. It's also fairly close to a good neighborhood for loot. However, it's a little further away from the farms and the wharehouses than I'd like it to be. 

The large whare house is also good because you have lots of room to build cool stuff on the roof, but it has no fridge. And southeast of that location is another decent safe house surrounded by an impenetrable fence and few neighbor homes. Anyway , what is your favourite/most used safe house location? what makes it awesome?  screen shots!

I've been using the camp lodge on the southern outskirts of West Point a lot lately. It has all the appliances you'd need, plus it's the closest structure to the nearest berry bush thickets to West Point, is far enough out of the city to not get too many uninvited guests, but also has a pretty prevalent network of trails through the woods to get you to anywhere you'd want to go from relatively out of the way directions, offers plenty of lumber, and has a really decent starting number of loot containers. I really like it so far.

I've been playing around with the norther farm in Muldraugh recently too. Actually been using it as my secondary safe house in the same game, so that I've got safe houses on the outskirts of both cities. There are enough trails in the back woods too that you can run between them in less than a day without touching a road. I've really been enjoying that system. Looted pretty much everything I'd want out of the logging corp and large warehouse using it as a looting hub already.

In Muldragh, a house south of the church, a little south east of a warehouse.  The house has a large, already fenced in area perfect for farming and building, yet is still close enough for all your looting needs.  In West point,  a house far north, immediately south of the smaller church/graveyard.  Quiet and at the edge of town, plenty of storage, and near several neighborhoods of two story great looting.

Have a few i like. Cortman is one.

I also always end up at this house in Muldraugh. http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.5595482125875768,0.2008059911522263,123.63349677071339

And the Tavern and restaurant far to the south for looting approaches to the police station, mall and warehouses. 

Still working out West Point so don't have any favourites for there yet. Just enjoying maintaining my less than ideal location. :D

Like Hyansith mentioned, the restaurant south of the police station has been my favorite so far

http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.44786845905621514,0.22631373414404876,114.47545997288273

The upside: When I arrived, I literally had 0 zombies to deal with for the first month. Not a single one.

The downside: Eventually I had to make very long, far runs into town for food and nails, which took several days of dodging hordes, and a few close calls. When I came back my entire base was swarmed with zombies, and they even spawned in the fenced off backyard area, to my dismay.

Luckily I managed to clear them out, for now.

My plan is to build walls on the south side to connect with the diner, so I will have a 2 building stronghold.

post-4048-0-57551600-1384725381_thumb.jp

Been using Twiggy's Bar in West Point. Easy to fortify, close to the necessities and no huge hordes so far.

I'm at 1 month, 15 days so far.

FDuvo4l.png

Fuck yea. All survivors meet at twiggy's bar!

As a side note I also found a very nice house in the north-western tip of West Point! Small, out of the way, very few noisy neighbours, an all around dandy spot! Besides that I enjoy building in the yellow band of grass west of Muldraugh... a treck away, but a perfect stop off spot between farm and town!

In Muldraugh, I really like the little house with the tool shed and the garden fence, between Cortman and the trailer park. It may not be as safe as the warehouse, being one floor and one door only, but Zack doesn't seem to come there in numbers and you can easily grab supplies at Cortman and the convenience store.

Same.

i'm too lazy to run to that last house, so I go to the one bottom left of it. My other base is also the large warehouse on the top left. If i can't make it to one, I go to the other. I like to make many bases. Having only one or two means you gotta make long trips to get anywhere. Also, I still get lost every time i venture out.

What I found really weird was ONE zombie got in my FULLY fenced (or walled) house. No other entry unless you open the door or break the wall. I walked out of sight to see if the other corners had walkers too. I came back to that one lone zombie and a horde spawned. werd.

I'm having fun with the warehouse; there are a ton of supplies inside and it can be made rather secure: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/3210-rushed-the-warehouse-what-now/?p=46276

In Muldraugh, I really like the little house with the tool shed and the garden fence, between Cortman and the trailer park. It may not be as safe as the warehouse, being one floor and one door only, but Zack doesn't seem to come there in numbers and you can easily grab supplies at Cortman and the convenience store.

Referring to the zombies as "Zack" is brilliant.

In a previous game i stayed in Dixie for quite a long time, now i just use it as a stop over when travelling between West Point and Muldraugh. 

Always use the gas station - http://pzmap.crash-override.net/#0.6380482711585763,0.19803079859215564,178.03223534982737

Dixie doesn't have bountiful supplies really, meaning that it is not ideal for a prolonged stay.

It was in a previous build, not sure which one. As i recall the area started with very little zombies but after about a week or two it was pretty much the same as central Muldraugh.

I guess it just took them that long to migrate through the tree's. When i tried to return to my other safe-house back near the centre there were hordes all over the train track.  

I currently like using Knox Bank, which I switched to after I got sick of using the houses near the Big Warehouse. That area turned into a hellhole with the game always planting hordes around all the two story safe houses I built. What makes Knox Bank great is that you can fortify the bottom level (even doors) and then build a land bridge to the house west of it and use that place as your entrance. I don't have to do any work, because I have tons of storage space.

The only sucky part abouyt using it is that the game takes forever to get to the skill of making stairs because the house doesn't have a second story. Why can't we have various levels of stairs like doors and walls? :sad: