Top Safe House

Vista Chino

I currently like using Knox Bank, which I switched to after I got sick of using the houses near the Big Warehouse. That area turned into a hellhole with the game always planting hordes around all the two story safe houses I built. What makes Knox Bank great is that you can fortify the bottom level (even doors) and then build a land bridge to the house west of it and use that place as your entrance. I don't have to do any work, because I have tons of storage space.

The only sucky part abouyt using it is that the game takes forever to get to the skill of making stairs because the house doesn't have a second story. Why can't we have various levels of stairs like doors and walls? :sad:

wait you succesfully created stair and they are working properly ?, i would like to have screen shot of the set up to see how u placed them plz .

It sounds like he's playing the Desura build, if he's talking about it taking a long time to level the carpentry skill, because there were only beginner and intermediate skill books in the stable build and those prior to it. All the carpentry stuff still works in that build, so if he took the time to level the skills necessary to build stairs, then he wouldn't be having a problem using them at all. It's just the newer builds that they don't work in.

Yeah, I don't play Steam builds.

I'm currently stuck with 2.9.9.15 until PZ gets 3D mapping out because of game lag. I'm currently in a game using the Knox Bank and it's been a real b****. I'm just over a month in, have no axe (went to both warehouses, and lumber yard), and it took me 28 days of searching to find the Carpentry for Beginners book. By the time I did it was useless, because I built too much and it only gave me 2x instead of the 4x multiplier. Beginning the game was also hell, because every house I went to to get to Knox Bank was filled with zombies (3+ per house) with no houses having any weapons. I was lucky to find a knife, which wore out pretty quickly.

A good trick to leveling your carpentry in those builds is to read the intermediate skill book, at level 1 carpentry obviously, but then don't level your carpentry skill until you've built a bunch of stuff after hitting the level 2 cap. You can get all the way through level 3 with the intermediate multiplier that way. Just for future reference. I've had to deal with that problem enough that I've devised some tricks in doing it.