Statistics of PZ buyers/players

Walther

The number fluctuates as the number of people online in Steam rises and falls. During Twiggy's stream, last night, we broke 1,000 !!!

1000 people on the stream or 1000 people ingame at the same time?

Just noticed no ones answered your question so I shall (as I pretty much lived in the stream)

It was 1000+ People on steam playing the game. A large number of those were lurking in the stream though and at one point we had over 550 people watching. I think the only time pre-steam PZ reached those figures on twitch was when RiptideKapow used to stream it, Considering twiggy normally averages around 120 viewers for his PZ streams the figures were very good, infact his stream was really good in general and I believe with Twiggys general charming demeanour and the handful of us in chat answering questions/providing support for known issues a good few new faces found PZ yesterday :D

we've not made close to what we've heard is possible on Steam, but we are well within the safe limits of being able to carry on with all our friends and contributors, as well as fund ourselves and pay the taxes and all that good stuff. That's what matters right now and we've accomplished that already I think.

Anything from here is a bonus on top of that.

The effect of not being on New Releases, while annoying to us especially not having been told, gave us the opportunity to expand a bit slower and we seem to be holding steady, but hopefully looking back in a year or two at the big picture and we'll have done very well and have been able to expand to speed up development.

If you guys would like some more exposure my best mate is the editor of Game Grin - I'll see if we can put our heads together and come up with a decent preview over the next few days if that'll help out any? Glad you guys have overall had a pretty smooth launch. Onwards and upwards! xx

we've not made close to what we've heard is possible on Steam, but we are well within the safe limits of being able to carry on with all our friends and contributors as well as pay the taxes and all that good stuff. That's what matters right now and we've accomplished that already I think.

I can rest easy now :) I honestly had a dream the other night that I came to the forums and you'd announced the closer of TIS. Worst. Night. Ever.

Guest easy AI opponent

we've not made close to what we've heard is possible on Steam, but we are well within the safe limits of being able to carry on with all our friends and contributors as well as pay the taxes and all that good stuff. That's what matters right now and we've accomplished that already I think.

You could save a lot money by not paying the taxes and then focuss on finishing the game in jail. :oops:

Either way, as you develop PZ and add more content the more people will buy it. I'm calling when the Workshop is compatible and multiplayer is added, you'll see a massive increase in sales.

And also achievements and trading cards, since a lot of people mentioned that they won't buy it without those.

:???:

I think the negative effect as a result of bad early access releases in the past may have further sidelined certain consumers who once might have been tempted to buy such a game. If I can be persuaded never to pre-order a game anymore I'm sure there's others who feel the same about early access.

I do foresee Zomboid doing very well on full release to the disbelief of many. I just hope TIS is ready to handle all that extra load... ehem.

As for people demanding trading cards/achievements before they buy the game? ErR?!??!

Chances are they've probably already indulged, found out about no achievements and cards and are simply sulking as a result.

Yeah, the whole lack of achievements and cards thing being a reason to not buy a game seems a bit silly to me. Cards didn't even exist until recently, and it's not like you get anything for achievements anyway. It's just superfluous exterior content. I honestly have never really seen the fascination outside giving players extra incentives to keep playing games that they already like.

Either way, as you develop PZ and add more content the more people will buy it. I'm calling when the Workshop is compatible and multiplayer is added, you'll see a massive increase in sales.

And also achievements and trading cards, since a lot of people mentioned that they won't buy it without those.

:???:

Srsly? I mean yeah achievements are cool, i'm a fan of stuff like that - but that is no critical criteria if i buy a game or not. I personally wanted achievements, because some games dont just add achievements but they make them fun for the players. I wouldnt bitch about missing achievements or them weird cards though.

• 2 weeks later...