Statistics of PZ buyers/players

Walther

So, how was the first weekend on steam?

I'd like to know (and no hard numbers, maybe estimates or so) how many people had bought / were playing PZ before and after the steam release... I'm just curious and interested in how the steam start went and how satisfied you are with the way it went so far.

I think you guys are doing a great job!

Cheers!

Ninjaedit: A quick info in the mondoid would do as well... I'm just curious

I hope it went well. With all the work you guys have been doing for as long a time as you've been doing it, you really deserve the success more than most. On top of creating a wholly worthy product, and a pretty damn unique gaming experience in general through making yourselves so available to your customer base. I've been gaming pretty avidly for the last 30 years give or take, and this is the first time in all that time that I've ever had the opportunity to have such direct contact with the developers while the game was being made. Taking a step back and looking at the whole of the project, it's really a cool thing.

Unfortunately, we're not allowed to discuss Steam sales - and if I gave you player numbers, you could sort of extrapolate the information... not entirely sure where the line is, so we'd rather play it safe just in case.

However, anybody can see the number of people *currently* playing Zomboid via Steam at any time by going to the Community hub http://steamcommunity.com/app/108600 - to the left of the number of people in the group chat should be a green statistic. If it's not there, then there's not enough people currently playing to trigger stats.

The number fluctuates as the number of people online in Steam rises and falls. During Twiggy's stream, last night, we broke 1,000 !!!

Unfortunately, we're not allowed to discuss Steam sales - and if I gave you player numbers, you could sort of extrapolate the information... not entirely sure where the line is, so we'd rather play it safe just in case.

However, anybody can see the number of people *currently* playing Zomboid via Steam at any time by going to the Community hub http://steamcommunity.com/app/108600 - to the left of the number of people in the group chat should be a green statistic. If it's not there, then there's not enough people currently playing to trigger stats.

it's alright if you don't trust us, my feelings have been played with before... :cry:

nah but serious, it's okay if you can't tell any specific numbers or estimates, but you can state how happy you are with the launch so far or if you were surprised or anything...

Considering we weren't shown on "New Releases" because of the changes made to Steam, like, one day before we launched GRR :D We're quite happy :) Not, dancing round the room ecstatic, but happy.

well it's a start :D

we're happy for you all and wish you all the best (or bust maybe?  (clyde) ) and lot's of success. Seeing it from the perspective of an outsider I guess the attention was pretty good for PZ, even if you didn't show in new releases... and this is just the start :)

Considering we weren't shown on "New Releases" because of the changes made to Steam, like, one day before we launched GRR :D We're quite happy :) Not, dancing round the room ecstatic, but happy. And that happiness will grow the longer we remain on page twoish of Top Sellers :)

but you have been featured...

bjddcwa5.jpg

Absolutely - it's only been one weekend, so it's really hard (actually impossible) to predict any kind of trend. But thankyou to all of you guys for your continued support and hugs :)

edit: That "featured" banner happens automagically as you climb the Top Sellers list as I understand it, so it's not affected by the "no early access game on new releases" policy change :) So, yeah, that's tremendous getting featured up there :)

And if I may say so, Afekay's art looks flupping brilliant up there :) Note to Valve: Don't you think the PZ banner colour scheme nicely compliments the Rome Total War picture? I think you should leave them there forever - just for aesthetic reasons, yeah? :D

Since exact sales numbers were never a thing that has been mentioned, there is room for wild estimates.

About a year and a half ago, someone made a thread asking how many sales PZ had and people started speculating it might be about "100k".
Lemmy mentioned that that number was a bit high and would be more in the realm of a zero less.
That was a year and a half ago, of course (so even before Greenlight, I think).

LET THE WILD SPECULATIONS BEGIN

Please excuse the devs if they can't respond as fast as they used to. They have Bugattis to buy and mansions to examine so they can buy them without ever living there.
Mash will also change her name to PoshPotato.

Edit: I just saw PZ is now in the Top10!!

p8yVh24.png

I expect TB doing an Alpha Strike on PZ so you guys have good chances he will either like it, which is dependent on how much he like hardcore, one live only games like Don't Starve (which he like) and the fact that the market is over saturated with zombie games. Several years ago he trashed the "survival" game How to Survive in an amusing way. I just love him :D

I expect TB doing an Alpha Strike on PZ so you guys have good chances he will either like it, which is dependent on how much he like hardcore, one live only games like Don't Starve (which he like) and the fact that the market is over saturated with zombie games. Several years ago he trashed the "survival" game How to Survive in an amusing way. I just love him :D

excuse my ignorance, but, uhm, TB?

I'd love to hear a zeropunctuation about PZ I must say...

WILD SPECULATION: 3000+ digital downloads

that is some seriously wild speculation... I raise you 1000 and speculate on 4000+ digital downloads :cool:

Hmmm... for some reason Nasko, your list isn't showing Football Manager 2014 which occupies #3 on my screen. Maybe it glitched out and we got one second of exposure on page #1 :D

Ohhh. Football Manager 14 is not available in Germany (EA has exclusive rights to the german league), so it's not showing up there. 

TOP 10 IN GERMANY FUCKYEAH

Hmmm... for some reason Nasko, your list isn't showing Football Manager 2014 which occupies #3 on my screen. Maybe it glitched out and we got one second of exposure on page #1 :D

Ohhh. Football Manager 14 is not available in Germany (EA has exclusive rights to the german league), so it's not showing up there. 

HUZZAR

HUZZAR

ಠ_ಠ

HUZZAR

ಠ_ಠ

whoa there, the look of disapproval? u mad?

HUZZAR

ಠ_ಠ

whoa there, the look of disapproval? u mad?

Its huzzah, plus i love using tht face.