WordZed
3 3

29 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just made an extra radio station using this tool. Good fun.

A word of warning: if you write your text in a word processor and then paste it into WordZed, it might have trouble converting your apostrophes into the game, i.e. they will appear in WordZed, but not in the game. I had to replace every apostrophe in my text.

Otherwise, great stuff!

The station is here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=975088107

On 14/07/2017 at 8:29 PM, jajaqu said:

Hi,

I just made an extra radio station using this tool. Good fun.

A word of warning: if you write your text in a word processor and then paste it into WordZed, it might have trouble converting your apostrophes into the game, i.e. they will appear in WordZed, but not in the game. I had to replace every apostrophe in my text.

Otherwise, great stuff!

The station is here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=975088107

Ive downloaded it, its really good, but weird not hearing General McGrew making the same statement until the world ends

Edit: Scratch that, I just read the documentation which answered my question that I had previously.

Now I'm just getting errors trying to save:

Program will attempt to save to:
  -C:\WordZed - Version 1\projects\saves\Nairn Radio Files.xml

ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeBroadcastLine(XmlWriter w, BroadcastLineData line)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeBroadcast(XmlWriter w, BroadcastData broadcast)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeScript(XmlWriter w, ScriptData script)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeAdverts(XmlWriter w)
   at WordZedWPF.DataAccess.RadioXmlWriter.writeFile(RadioFileData radioFile, String tempFile, String finalFile)
Finished...

Changing the name of the file so it doesn't have spaces doesn't seem to do anything, just produces the same error.

I think this is being caused by the adverts for some reason. Creating empty or multiple empty advert categories is fine, actually entering any info into them just causes this error to pop up. Comes up despite having a temporary broadcast.

Edited by MaxZorin44456
Found info, encountered error.

I fear I already know the answer to this - but is there anyway of adding a new category of broadcast? 

So, something other than "radio", "television", "emergency" etc etc.