Knives are objectively the best weapon.

zomboid123

I'd say this has been argued to death, but the activity stream has been booooring.. I'm with you on the availability, even wood glue is rarer than small blades, and even if it weren't, it's really only worth repairing something once, imo. But let's go to imagination land for a sec. You're a lumberjack, with 9 fit, 10 str and brave. You've been at it a while, so your weight is in the ideal range, and you're sitting at about 7-8 blade acc. Would you still go at a nice, tightly grouped horde of 20-40 with a knife? Honestly?

As for the push success rate, if you feel up to it, it might be worth recording a PC-hosted game and accompany it with your Linux recording in a bug report. We might have stumbled onto something here.

Edit: This isn't an extreme circumstance, either; classic build that a lot of people go with. Note that the lumberjack was buffed recently.

Edited by critical jim

Everything is situational or related to play style, therefore knives objectively cannot be objectively the best weapon. Subjectively? Yes :P I prefer axes over knives because I can deal with larger numbers. You don't engage in horde fights with knife anyway so fatigue is (to me) of little importance there.  But I can see the appeal.

Edited by Rocco36

• 4 years later...