Spec ops team

Waib

I know this is somewhat in the NO's, and its probably been said in the old forums, but I cant find the old forums i thnk theyre all gone now

its not specifically military aid, but i think  the military should send in small teams for specific tasks. their gunshots would draw zombies and if the player happens to be in their area and is seen they get shot at. the military would probably do that anyway (1 less person is 1 less zombie).

there are alot of helicopters and planes that fly over as random events so why dont any of them drop soldiers off?( i assume at this point the only people flying aircraft are government) you could also loot their gear if any of them died during the event.

something along those lines. my bad if its been said but all the links to the old forums are dead and i didnt see that specifically on here.

I think military personnel will be added at some point (there's a military soldier and military officer professions already existing in the code), but I don't know if they'll team up and such. They'll most likely be just normal NPCs. And probably added when/if Fort Knox is in. This is just guesswork so don't take my word for it and start hyping or anything :D. The helicopters and planes are probably gonna go down in frequency when the meta game advances a bit more and NPCs are in.

I'm pretty sure the helicopter and other metagame events are just meant to keep zombies moving, last I hear (or interperated) they would be removed once NPC's come in.

Besides that I have to ask... Why would the military send a special ops team into muldraugh? That's the part I'm at atm. Also if their shooting all their ammunition off at every zombie they see they will either:

1, drop the zombie population so low that zombies cease to be a major threat.

2, draw all zombies across the town into 1 super horde of absolute doom and destruction.

3, end up dying quickly and becoming free loot (the most likely of outcomes).

I personally don't think I'd be keen on seeing special ops roaming the streets, NPC's will do for me ;3.

I think we'll just have to wait and see at this point. I don't think this would be included in the military aid section, because if something like this were to happen they'd likely at the least not be sharing loot and likely hostile.

I think we'll just have to wait and see at this point. I don't think this would be included in the military aid section, because if something like this were to happen they'd likely at the least not be sharing loot and likely hostile.

Cue the guy rushing up to Fort Knox to get help who gets turned into chili by automatic rifle fire.

I'm pretty sure the helicopter and other metagame events are just meant to keep zombies moving, last I hear (or interperated) they would be removed once NPC's come in.

Besides that I have to ask... Why would the military send a special ops team into muldraugh? That's the part I'm at atm. Also if their shooting all their ammunition off at every zombie they see they will either:

1, drop the zombie population so low that zombies cease to be a major threat.

2, draw all zombies across the town into 1 super horde of absolute doom and destruction.

3, end up dying quickly and becoming free loot (the most likely of outcomes).

I personally don't think I'd be keen on seeing special ops roaming the streets, NPC's will do for me ;3.

I agree with this entirely, but I would also like to add the point; Why? Why would the government send in Spec Ops into a town with next to no value or significance (If you read the bio you see that they describe Muldraugh pretty negative as in ,'most live below the poverty line' etc.) If they really wanted to eliminate the zombies in an offensive way they would just fire bomb it and say it was terrorist's or something (That's not me having a go about 9/11 its just an idea for how they would convince the public that they weren't in the wrong.) You have to assume that the disease is airborne or something, that explains why they don't want to bomb it, that would spread the virus or whatever. The only problem with this theory is that when kate dies she doesn't reanimate, they should totally make that so though; I love the walking dead!

Cue the guy rushing up to Fort Knox to get help who gets turned into chili by automatic rifle fire.

So many newfriends will pull that shit.

I think it would be kinda awesome (and scary at the same time) if there was some sort of military presence in Muldraugh.. perhaps in Fort Knox, but can you imagine being in your house and peeking out the window as a military scavenging group moves in formation down the street with assault rifles?  I think that'd be really tense, as it's likely they would shoot anyone whether they were zombies or people.

-GodWaffle

well i didnt mean actually like black ops or delta force, more like just a small team. but yes you're right i did not take into account the fact that there really isnt much in Muldraugh for them to have any reason to go there xD.

i just thought it would be a good idea because of all the helicopters, and if anyone has seen 28 days / weeks later the military was almost as bad as the zombies