Remove the chant sound effect, please.

cool daddy shark

I mean I find it to be dumb and annoying. A friend and myself were in the mall that we spawned in and every room and corridor we would hear "woo ah ah ahhhh" which was extremely annoying. Every single time we entered something it's do that like it was a ghost with tourettes and it just got so old and repetitive that we left the mall and took our chances outside rather than listen to a ghost pass a kidney stone. Please, just remove it.

4 minutes ago, hunger john said:

Are you talking about the.. Music? I've never seen it described as 'a ghost with tourettes'. but i think i can see where you got that. I don't think there's any way to disable it short of muting the game music in options, though.

The chant sound yeah. The only I could get of it was turninqg off the sound which was no fun. I mean I shit you not I put my foot through the door of our saferoom and it'd play and I'd just go in and it until reverbed 

Edited by sharkstertheshark

20 minutes ago, dannyisdude said:

You can just turn off the music. 

But that should not be needed. I like listening to the soundtrack and no one should have to turn it off so they can avoid having a repetive sound play. This shouldn't even be hard. This is not like asking for a lot. I'd like to see it snipped out in IWBUMS or even be told where the sound file is so I can do it myself. I mean atleast address it so it plays less often so it's less annoying then a retarded kid with offtune flute.

1 hour ago, RoboMat said:

Do you mean this?

The chant? Yeah. The director seems to play it to try to "scare" you every so often. Like when you open a room expecting zombies but it's empty it plays. I'd just be better off showing because everyone will understand it better.

The chant is a fixed part of the soundtrack. No idea how the game chooses which music to play, but the voice track can't be removed easily from the music file (I guess the only guy who can do it is Zack ... unless TIS has the source files).

On 28/5/2016 at 1:30 PM, sharkstertheshark said:

The chant? Yeah. The director seems to play it to try to "scare" you every so often. Like when you open a room expecting zombies but it's empty it plays. I'd just be better off showing because everyone will understand it better.

U wot.

That music plays only when you see a mid horde and you are probably running around.

I have never EVER had that song played randomly when playing or any specific part of the song for that matter, either you synced up perfectly each "woo ah aahaa ayaaa" each time you opened up a door, or somehow your game music glitched and it was on a loop.

You can mute music pressing M though, so there is that.

I like the music. If it were removed it would lessen my enjoyment of the game.

I understand that you find it annoying, but it has been shown in the past that the team isn't going to remove any game feature because the minority dislikes it.

Usually after a few minutes of listening I turn it off though so I can better hear the z's trying to eat my brains. Wonderful feature, easy to toggle!

I understand that it's your opinion and all, but I don't see what the problem is.

I don't think they are going to change the style of the soundtrack because somebody finds the few, and not to mention short vocal segments annoying.

I understand why the style of music may not interest you, but this is why there is an option to mute the music.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

4 minutes ago, sharkstertheshark said:

Its not even the music. Its the chant that plays when ever I do something. Ill keep looking at this and see whats causing it specifically.

I know for sure that there's a specific chant that plays whenever you level up. So try not to.. Level up?

47 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

That's been disabled if you don't actually have a skill to spend the point on, so unless you're playing with a crazy high XP modifier . . .

Yeah, apparently this what has been causing it. I dont know what caused it to play when I entered a room but knocking the XP leveler a bit quiets it a notch. This would have been better in another subforum I guess. My bad. :oops:

On 5/28/2016 at 9:36 AM, sharkstertheshark said:

I mean I find it to be dumb and annoying... that like it was a ghost with tourettes...

On 5/28/2016 at 9:52 AM, sharkstertheshark said:

I mean atleast address it so it plays less often so it's less annoying then a retarded kid with offtune flute.

In my experience its usually a good idea to make fun of people with disabilities/disorders when trying to get your way. It really rallies the people to your cause!

BTW a woman chanting is pretty much the complete opposite of being dumb. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dumb

I now have zero sympathy for your cause. Good thing for you though is that its not my decision. Good luck.

Keep it lovely.

14 minutes ago, CaptKaspar said:

In my experience its usually a good idea to make fun of people with disabilities/disorders when trying to get your way. It really rallies the people to your cause!

BTW a woman chanting is pretty much the complete opposite of being dumb. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dumb

I now have zero sympathy for your cause. Good thing for you though is that its not my decision. Good luck.

Keep it lovely.

I have a disorder and I like how you are running around with it using people with suddenly acting like they are a protected species.  Just because someone says something doesnt give carte blanche.

Just now, sharkstertheshark said:

I have a disorder and I like how you are running around with it using people with suddenly acting like they are a protected species. 

I am sorry to hear of your disorder and how it must make aspects of your life more difficult.

People with disabilities or disorders should not be treated like a protected species, but they should be treated with respect as any person should be. They should not be the blunt of your jokes for things that are out of their control. There was no good reason to be derogatory to them in your posts, unless you can explain to me why its good to make fun of 'retards' or people with Tourette's. Go ahead and try, you'll just dig yourself a deeper hole.

Just now, CaptKaspar said:

I am sorry to hear of your disorder and how it must make aspects of your life more difficult.

People with disabilities or disorders should not be treated like a protected species, but they should be treated with respect as any person should be. They should not be the blunt of your jokes for things that are out of their control. There was no good reason to be derogatory to them in your posts, unless you can explain to me why its good to make fun of 'retards' or people with Tourette's. Go ahead and try, you'll just dig yourself a deeper hole.

Can we just stop this before this spins out? I really like your posts here. Lets just both drop it.