Garbage Can

Benson

I can see how with all the floating windows in the UI and inventory management feeling like dragging files between folders one might mistake in-game garbage cans for Windows Recycle Bins but... garbage cans don't actually work that way.

Also, I made a mod that does nothing but add trash and I still don't think it's possible to create a good enough mess in PZ.

Put stuff into garbage can -> right click -> "empty garbage can" -> stuff disappears

Would be helpful to clean up that mess. Thanks!

If for some reason you really have so much stuff that need to get rid off, you can just put that stuff on a dead zombie and then if you dont want to have a dead zombie bothering you, just burn him.

Also what items do you want to get rid of exactly? Forks and spoons? 

Problem is it muddies up the game. Not everyone has 32gb RAM etc. When too much stuff gets on screen and especially on the ground the game gets laggy. This is partly why I don't go online. I think it's unnecessary at a point. Example is in fallout - the corpses and everything are still there late into the game. At a point I'd rather they disappear, especially after looted or EMPTY status. I think all items should have a use at the very least (burning wrappers for fire fuel, tin cans for water storage, etc.) and if not they need to just go away - case in point broken crafted axes or hammers which you can't repair and can't get rid of. 

Also what items do you want to get rid of exactly? Forks and spoons? 

Empty gas cans maybe once you can't gather fuel since they'd serve no other purpose (not like you could feasibly use them for water) and probably rotten food is my guess. That and any other useless items accumulated over time such as dead batteries. 

Problem is it muddies up the game. Not everyone has 32gb RAM etc. When too much stuff gets on screen and especially on the ground the game gets laggy. This is partly why I don't go online. I think it's unnecessary at a point. Example is in fallout - the corpses and everything are still there late into the game. At a point I'd rather they disappear, especially after looted or EMPTY status. I think all items should have a use at the very least (burning wrappers for fire fuel, tin cans for water storage, etc.) and if not they need to just go away - case in point broken crafted axes or hammers which you can't repair and can't get rid of. 

Dunno i kinda like to see those items in the world, it gives a sense of people actually living in it and trying to live. (Finding a bunch of dirty bandages, empty first aids kits in the ground and then finding a dead corpse is what makes me love MP).

Also how much does items in the overworld actually lag the game? I remember playing in a server with Hydrocraft and having a base filled to the brim with items in the floor, be materials, workshops, random rubber ducks and that sort of thing.

I can see how with all the floating windows in the UI and inventory management feeling like dragging files between folders one might mistake in-game garbage cans for Windows Recycle Bins but... garbage cans don't actually work that way.

Also, I made a mod that does nothing but add trash and I still don't think it's possible to create a good enough mess in PZ.

Oh so you made that mod? I always install it because i love that mod, i wish some server would use it.

But also trash items having uses would be good, like tin cans to set up sound traps or boil water, using a battery with the potato chips bags aluminum and that sort of stuff, Neo Scavanger has all of that and makes survival more in-depth when you have to improvise. 

But also trash items having uses would be good, like tin cans to set up sound traps or boil water, using a battery with the potato chips bags aluminum and that sort of stuff, Neo Scavanger has all of that and makes survival more in-depth when you have to improvise. 

Actually, I was working on all that some time ago but I lost my motivation somewhere. I don't like having completely useless items either, that's why all tin cans in my mod can at the very least hold water and most other stuff can be used to start/sustain fire.

just put that stuff on a dead zombie and burn

What about stuff that doesnt burn? Broken Crowbars? Tools, Stones...

At the moment i use to burn my garbage with the zombies, but it feels all a bit funky that way.

Put stuff into zombies trousers poket, and then set the creature on fire?

Also what items do you want to get rid of exactly?

Broken weapons, like crowbars, butter knifes.

Empty batterys, dirty rags, also seeds that multiply with harvesting.

You also find lots of stuff twice when foraging, like stones.

The mess gets bigger and bigger the more lategame you play.

just put that stuff on a dead zombie and burn

What about stuff that doesnt burn? Broken Crowbars? Tools, Stones...

At the moment i use to burn my garbage with the zombies, but it feels all a bit funky that way.

Put stuff into zombies trousers poket, and then set the creature on fire?

Also what items do you want to get rid of exactly?

Broken weapons, like crowbars, butter knifes.

Empty batterys, dirty rags, also seeds that multiply with harvesting.

You also find lots of stuff twice when foraging, like stones.

The mess gets bigger and bigger the more lategame you play.

Good point, but also it would be weird that just clicking empty garbage can makes the invisible trash-man take all the trash.

I think that it would be better to directly burn something you don't want or break down a item for some materials from it.

Also you can clean dirty rags and i think you can put seeds in a bag when you have too many of them.

Good point, but also it would be weird that just clicking empty garbage can makes the invisible trash-man take all the trash.

They actually have this method ingame already. Try rightclick on a bowl with food, you can empty it.... right into nothing.

I think that it would be better to directly burn something you don't want or break down a item for some materials from it.

Im with you. All flamable items should be usable as fuel for campfires maybe.

I have no idea about the recycling of hard materials, say crowbars, stone. This isnt possible by hands only.

They actually have this method ingame already. Try rightclick on a bowl with food, you can empty it.... right into nothing.

Im with you. All flamable items should be usable as fuel for campfires maybe.

I have no idea about the recycling of hard materials, say crowbars, stone. This isnt possible by hands only.

I think we will have a blacksmith profession of sorts sometime down the line, so it should be possible to do so and give a use to broken metal items or useless metal items.

Also it says pour into the ground, it means you are...well pouring that delicious soup into the ground, try picking up the water from the ground again, i never tested to do a pour into the ground cereal, but is more believable to pour something you can drink or is in liquid form into the ground and "vanishing" than pouring a plastic bag into the trash can and it vanishes.   

I personally dont need the garbage thing to be more realistic. In my own game routine i just miss a quick and easy way to get rid of unwanted stuff.

In some cases its cool to make things realistic, but about garbage in PZ... id prefer the simple way, like i suggested in my first post.

About burning garbage:
Remember the bigger wheeled orange dumpsters?
It could work similar as the campfire does.

1. Put all your garbage in the dumpster
2. Right click -> indicates 0% - 100% Full
                     -> indicates "add fuel"
                     -> indicates "burn garbage"
3. Burning animation, as garbage level indication goes slowly to 0%

Dinnertime!!!
Please let me burn my virtual garbage first!