Propaine Tank Bomb

Jack Bower

So I am sitting in my base looking at this useless propane tank on a character who is unable to find a pipe to make a pipebomb and I am wondering why I can't just find out a way to blow up the propaine tank in a marvelously horrendous explosion. You wouldn't throw it, you would instead place it and it would detonate over time.

Make Propaine useful again!

Would be a good idea! maybe a gun shot would make it explose as well ?

they don't explode when shot.... its just a movie thing

Unless you had an active flame nearby, that would probably trigger a quick blast but it would be very short lived. I wonder if it would last long enough to catch something like even clothing on fire..

Would be a good idea! maybe a gun shot would make it explose as well ?

they don't explode when shot.... its just a movie thing

Unless you had an active flame nearby, that would probably trigger a quick blast but it would be very short lived. I wonder if it would last long enough to catch something like even clothing on fire..

it doesn't but the shrapnel if any will cause damage.

• 1 year later...

This is an old topic, but I do think there needs to be more explosions in this game. Explosive barrels/tanks are a well worn meme in video games, but its fun nonetheless, and part of Zombie Lore in films. This is a great idea. 

Are there any mods that do this? 

I played about with Hydrocraft explosives, a mod I do not play without, but was very underwhelmed by the fizzle with Thermite Bombs etc...

The Grenade seemed to be the worthy of the name (which is like a pipebomb). Looking at the item scripts and code, it looks like it might be how the underlying game handles explosives? 

A quick thing to try is to add a recipe to create not one,  but a bunch of explosives together to simulate a much bigger explosion. This might work great with Blindcoder's Gravity mod as well to bring down buildings. 

Propane tanks do explode into a fireball when shot at, but cannister remains intact. 

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

• 2 weeks later...

I think this could be doable, at least, logically within the PZ setting for any survivor skilled in Electronics.

You have your Propane Tank, a Digital Watch (or maybe a Radio Receptor for the Remote variant), a small quantity of Gunpowder (to serve as primer), some Electronic parts, some wizardry and BAM! Or more precisely, BOOM!

Of course, given how strong it would be, it would also need some major disadvantages. For starters, the tanks are pretty rare and useful for other more long-term things (like powering a BBQ), then you'd need some Max'd Electronics skills to pull it out, to avoid anyone from doing it, and finally, the noise of the explosion would not only make you dizzy (strong shockwaves can do this, try opening a car's hood while the alarm is blaring) but would probably draw almost all the zombies in the city towards you....